Anyone own an E-bike?

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
We all know HDR does a seat swap with the more premium Dildo2000 seat.
7CR1.gif
I bet that model is popular on the streets of St Kilda.

defalt

Cheng's Errand Boy
January of this year I received a Delfast Top 2.0. 80km/h top speed that thing is amazing. Screws fell out and I got pulled over by the cops and nearly got the thing seized cuz seems like you need to put license plates on it. 10/10 would get pulled over again.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
My bike is made for 5’10-6’8 riders, so your axe kick motion will get trained.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I got a pedal assist bike. I didn't go too hard on the motor. I still wanted to get a workout out of it, but thought an ebike would be fun to mess with. Here's the one I ended up with:

20210511_141735.jpg

It's a Ride 1up Roadster v2. Incognito mode. Most people don't know it's an electric bike. The top speed is better than average. I'd say it requires more from the cyclist as opposed to the one my friend has that barely requires any effort into pedaling. The only con I can think of my bike is the belt drive. It tends to slip when you're trying to get going from a complete stop. You have to ease into it and let the motor kick in. Kind of a learning curve. Still, overall a ton of fun and highly recommended.

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Looks like more delays, still waiting on 2 more ebikes that i should have gotten in June. Maybe we should have waited before donating our old bikes.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I got a pedal assist bike. I didn't go too hard on the motor. I still wanted to get a workout out of it, but thought an ebike would be fun to mess with. Here's the one I ended up with:

View attachment 50980

It's a Ride 1up Roadster v2. Incognito mode. Most people don't know it's an electric bike. The top speed is better than average I'd say but it does require more from the cyclist as opposed to the one my friend has an ebike that barely requires effort into pedaling. The only con I can think of my bike is that the belt drive is a pain. It tends to slip when you're trying to get going from a complete stop.. You have to ease into it and let the motor kick in. Kind of a learning curve. Still, overall a ton of fun and highly recommended.
It’s not bad looking and sounds like mine, looks easier to fix.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
It’s not bad looking and sounds like mine, looks easier to fix.

Thanks, I like how the battery is mostly "hidden" on my bike. I feel for the most part batteries look bulky on ebikes. There's been some creative solutions, though. I saw one where it's has the shape of a water bottle.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
appreciate your bike Roker, I did look for something similar during quarantine and pulled the trigger on a Luna, here in CA... (eventually customized pretty much everything except the motor/transmission because...covid)

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I don’t know why but I hate your stupid bike on sight. I guess because it’s overdeveloped middle class bullshit...that’s a huge part. But there’s also the fact that the bike riding in parts of the world where there are too many cars is more of a problem every year. When some Escalade powders your pelvis you may feel stupid. The fact that a “e” bike is faster or more accommodating to lazy people just makes it seem like the issue will get worse. Does the “e” bike explain to people in SUVs what all your stupid hand singles are? Does it have a force field or something? No? Then you’re still putting your life in the hands of every driver that comes near you and that’s just suicidal behavior...sorry, esuicidal behavior.

If it’s meant totally for off road then it’s less suicidal but still stupid. There are already crank bikes of amazing sophistication and motored ones of every power level and efficiency. Why did someone make a LiPo one? Because they got startup money and had to spend it or because the chemical from gasoline isn’t hot enough?

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
The motorized bikes make it easier to signal a rider is going to stop at a stop sign, just by body language. Non-motorized riders want to keep their momentum so they don't have to spend all the energy to get going again, or they don't want to be sitting ducks that can't get out of the way if something happens while they're straddled at a stop. Their body language staying on the pedals creates confusion since enough riders don't stop at stop signs, or one car sees this and tries to be nice and wave the rider through while another car at the same intersection proceeds how they normally expect traffic to behave, all of which creates potential for disaster.

I've used the motor to quickly scoot-scoot out of harms way a couple of times, so bonus to saving an injury or two.

@massimiliano - Nice! I'm going to guess that's the corner of Bush/Franklin.

Last edited:

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
I actually agree, riding bicycles on traffic is just asking for trouble, drivers could care less. Even in Golden Gate Park, where I mostly use the bike, sudden U turns from parking lane are pretty common... I abandoned the idea of using the bike as a city transport, but it was fun tuning it... looks great in my living room.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I don’t know why but I hate your stupid bike on sight. I guess because it’s overdeveloped middle class bullshit...that’s a huge part. But there’s also the fact that the bike riding in parts of the world where there are too many cars is more of a problem every year. When some Escalade powders your pelvis you may feel stupid. The fact that a “e” bike is faster or more accommodating to lazy people just makes it seem like the issue will get worse. Does the “e” bike explain to people in SUVs what all your stupid hand singles are? Does it have a force field or something? No? Then you’re still putting your life in the hands of every driver that comes near you and that’s just suicidal behavior...sorry, esuicidal behavior.

If it’s meant totally for off road then it’s less suicidal but still stupid. There are already crank bikes of amazing sophistication and motored ones of every power level and efficiency. Why did someone make a LiPo one? Because they got startup money and had to spend it or because the chemical from gasoline isn’t hot enough?

Did you eat paint chips as a child?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Don’t be a toxic human.