Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Devastator is one of the few bots I've considered dropping some coin on one of those high quality KOs. Ive got the Titans Return release from a few years ago and he's a bigboi, just not as big as my WFC Metroplex. I wanna say the bots on the 3rd shelf from the bottom are the Titans Return (or whatever one I have but I have those)

Also thought about the Unicron KO by Studio Cell (??) as the transformation is way cooler than the Haslab one I got. But it's just so teeny compared to the Haslab one.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Those 3rd party Devastators are pretty cool…but they cost hundreds of dollars and take an hour to transform. Of course there are bootlegs of the 3rd party stuff that cost much less but that doesn’t solve the problem of it taking forever to change from one thing to another.

VERDICT: If you want an alternative check out the Brave series.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Those 3rd party Devastators are pretty cool…but they cost hundreds of dollars and take an hour to transform.
Who the fuck sits around transforming them constantly? The average collector is going to do it once or twice the entire time they own them. Also you get what you pay for.

VERDICT: You're talking out your ass a usual.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
The average collector is going to do it once or twice the entire time they own them. Also you get what you pay for.
Fact. Ive only transformed Unicron thrice. Once to bot form (he arrived in planet mode), back to planet mode, and then back to bot mode for display. I wont be transforming him again very soon.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I maxed out at Super God Fire Convoy. Changing him from two trucks to one giant robot takes about 50 minutes. I’ve done this three times since I got the fuckers 20 years ago.

I’m told the high end movie toys are the most time consuming but I don’t know anyone who buys that crap.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
I maxed out at Super God Fire Convoy. Changing him from two trucks to one giant robot takes about 50 minutes. I’ve done this three times since I got the fuckers 20 years ago.

I’m told the high end movie toys are the most time consuming but I don’t know anyone who buys that crap.
I will show you my beef.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I've preordered a Marcel the Shell from Craighill. It looks pretty meh, but hopefully it's just a prototype.

20220711_A24_Marcel_Figurine_142011x1gray.jpg

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
So many Constructicons and Devastator is nowhere to be seen?

For shame.
36 smaller robots/vehicles fills up the case better than 6 larger robots I guess? He probably should have at least one team assembled as Devastator, but, perhaps the shelves aren't adjustable/removable and a gestalt simply wouldn't fit very well?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Whats odd about that (that I just noticed) is that it looks like homeboy has two sets of each, just one set in bot mode, the other in vehicle mode.

Thats what it is, isn't it?

@M

20 Year Member
I believe you're correct. Some Transformers collectors do purchase multiple copies of toys so that they can simultaneously have both forms, keep one boxed, etc.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Fact. Ive only transformed Unicron thrice. Once to bot form (he arrived in planet mode), back to planet mode, and then back to bot mode for display. I wont be transforming him again very soon.
I thought I was the only collector who only transformed these things less than 4 time before picking a mode and leaving it there for no less than a year. I have been hardcore into the knock off over sized 3rd party combiners, just picked up Zeta Toys ZB-06 Superitron and G-creation SRK01-05 Shuraking

The only combiner team I am missing is Abominus and Piranacon

@M

20 Year Member
3rd party Poseidon (Piranacon) definitely looks badass.
reduced-image_13791_106.jpgreduced-galery_image_13791_31460.jpgreduced-galery_image_13791_31461.jpg

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Whats odd about that (that I just noticed) is that it looks like homeboy has two sets of each, just one set in bot mode, the other in vehicle mode.

Thats what it is, isn't it?
He should have three sets of each so combiner mode was on display, but then he'd need a larger case.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Aren’t those the shitheads who get punched once and fall apart every episode?

I’d rather have a $500 Wheelie.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I thought I was the only collector
To be clear, I'm not really a 'collector.' Sure I have a collection of transformers but all of them except for the ones that I haven't opened yet (out of shelf room) are open and on display, but they are also an inheritance for my nephew when he gets old enough.

I don't have 3 copies of Scourge (well, ok fine I do but only to complete the Sweeps) or 5 copies of G1 Prime, all in boxes/storage. They are all open, have been transformed several times, and are actually toys rather than 'pieces'.

@M

20 Year Member
Sixth-scale Battlecat, Trapjaw, and She-Ra at SDCC, from Mondo:

1658491822900.jpg

@M

20 Year Member
I love how they have her "suspended" mid-flight like that; excellent sculpture! Bendy wire in the hem of her cape too I presume?