Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
c832bc25e0a985e2e3d3ad7b17fc3b9a.jpg

Christmas got me KO Masterpiece Soundwave. Wanted the Knock Off because it includes the third party add on articulated hands. Also got the Ko MP Megatron by THF.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
The two most unique GoBots ever. One turns into your grandma's broach, the other into a burnt brownie.

Yeah, the alt modes are pretty weak, but, then, what can you really do with a bunch of rocks (the transparent gemstone ones were a little more visually interesting I guess)? I think they'd make more believable rocks if they weren't so symmetrical, and the robot modes would probably be more interesting too if one arm/leg was a lot bigger/massive than the other and stuff like that.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
When are the MacDonalds transforming Happy Meal toys gonna get the deluxe reissue treatment?

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I stil have the burger.

I used to have the shake, the ice cream cone, and a few others too.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
c832bc25e0a985e2e3d3ad7b17fc3b9a.jpg

Christmas got me KO Masterpiece Soundwave. Wanted the Knock Off because it includes the third party add on articulated hands. Also got the Ko MP Megatron by THF.
Honestly, I think I like the G1 figure more out of those two.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
5d186aec139bb3a44c341e5d8875efba.jpg

Here’s a 3rd Party Masterpiece Shockwave by FansToys. I preferred it over the official Masterpiece Shockwave.

8be909d85458f524c241917753da00d8.jpg

I’m also really into the “Steel knights” series by JoyToy. Hyper detailed GI Joe style figures and 1/18 and 1/24 scale Titanfall inspired mechs (the cockpits open). They’re a Chinese company so not a ton of stores carry them. The one in the back was more or less a KO of the BT figure by McFarlane except they added a ton of articulation and modified the guns and a few other minor details. All of their other mech figures are completely original sculpts but really would be a perfect fit in a Titanfall game.

Last edited:

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
If you love the McDonald's Changeables, you should check out the current Transformers BotBots mini figures which are fairly similar, design-wise:

Chrysanthemum.jpg

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Nah, that's not my cup of tea. That's some effeminate Rocky statue kinda shit.

Agreed. The McDonald’s ones are pure nostalgia. These days my figures are few and far between. I sold off most of my Transformers except a small handful. Collecting them is a bond I have with my autistic little brother, so when I sold off most of my collection but kept MP Shockwave he figured he’d at least give me the best representation of my favorite characters

Im sorry balrogs plastic dick has disturbed you in this way sage. I got some new better action stands in the mail today if you would like me to pose him with his legs crossed or perhaps his gloves blocking his junk.

Last edited:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
His facial expression makes it look like he's in a bit of crotchetal discomfort.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Does balrog always look like his sack is huge? Or is it just the angle combined with the way his hip joints are designed?