Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Thanks, all. It was hard waiting for all the pieces to be released, delivered, assembled, etc., but it was worth it. I'm terrified by what may be shown at SDCC now...

Unrelated to my display but very much related to this thread, a 27" tall robot mode, 30" diameter planet mode Unicron is being funded through HasLabs.
I assume that unicron is for the big time spenders :eek: I admit it looks highly detailed but that price :oh_no:

Last edited:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I assume that unicron is for the big time spenders :eek: I admit it looks highly detailed but that price :oh_no:
Told the wife about it. She says '2021 eh? Save a buck a day and you can get it then.'

I really want one though. I wonder if he's gonna be bigger than the new Metroplex from a few years ago.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Told the wife about it. She says '2021 eh? Save a buck a day and you can get it then.'

I really want one though. I wonder if he's gonna be bigger than the new Metroplex from a few years ago.

considering that Unicron could use metroplex's and triptacon's optics, they should all be roughly the same size.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
rhino_front.JPG

rhino_back.JPG

2001 Toy Biz Spider-Man Classics Series 2 Rhino. Missing his street rubble base. The sculpt is very nice, but, he has mostly cut joints, so, he's not as poseable as Marvel Legends typically are. He's relatively light for such a large/bulky figure too, so, this Rhino is probably mostly rotocast. The right thigh cut is very loose, because the plastic flash at the seam, where the two halves of the plastic mold for the lower leg were joined, wasn't trimmed done enough, so, there's some gapping there, preventing a tight fit, but, other than that, and some minor paint wear, Rhino is in great condition. Man, it's hard to believe that this figure is almost two decades old already; where does the time go?

@M

20 Year Member
blue_side1.jpg

blue_side2.jpg

2017 Mattel Jurassic World Velociraptor Blue action figure. This would have originally come in a 2-pack with a human Owen figure. There's a spring-loaded action feature: On a flat surface, press the figure down into a "sitting" position, release it, and the spring-loaded legs will launch the dinosaur forward in a leap. It works, but, it's not terribly exciting, and I would have rather had proper leg articulation instead. The sculpt (the feet are disproportionately large to facilitate the action feature though) and paint are fairly impressive for a mass market kids' toy too.

NSFW:

Last edited:

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Storm Collectibles is doing an action figure for another SNK character, and talk about one out of left field!

Hanzou_Hattori_set_2_1024x1024.jpg

@M

20 Year Member
That's pretty sweet, especially the dragon uppercut energy effect! I'd be VERY surprised if they didn't do Fuuma too, given that all they'd need to do is sculpt different hair and recolor him and his accessories (which is probably one of their reasons for choosing to do Hanzo to begin with).

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I wonder if he's gonna be bigger than the new Metroplex from a few years ago.
He is 27" tall, has a 30" diameter in planet mode, and weighs ~19 lbs. They're advertising it as the biggest transforming Transformer ever.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
He is 27" tall, has a 30" diameter in planet mode, and weighs ~19 lbs. They're advertising it as the biggest transforming Transformer ever.
I'm not masturbating.

Just cleaning that up.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Gaiz,

I have a reissue of G1 Tracks in good condition. Has the projectiles and whatnot. I have to check if I have the box and sticker sheet. Any ideas on what it's worth loose / in box? Not sure if I'm going to sell it or put it away in the basement with my actual vintage Transformers.

Thanks!

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Last edited:

@M

20 Year Member
The name tag says Axe Battler, so it must be.

I don't know why, but last night, it suddenly crossed my mind that they could squeeze one more release out of that Hanzo/Fuuma mold if they cast it completely in silver to make a shapeshifted Geegus/Neo Geegus.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
OK so fine, make fun of me if you want, but I've basically just talked my wife into letting me pre-order BigAss Unicron and I'm wanting to drop the coin but Im worried. Now, the only crowdfunding experience I have is like when I donate to family/friends that were victims of disaster, and one time I dropped $10 for a band to help them record a CD and they never did, and I never got shit out of it, not even my $10.

But that was $10, and $575 concerns me. Going by the site, it says "IF 8000 backers are met by 11.59 on 8/31/19, your payment method will be charged."

But what if it *doesn't* go into production? Or what if it does, and then "early 2021" ends up being "late 2040?" Does anyone know if these things do refunds, or order cancellations?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
OK so fine, make fun of me if you want, but I've basically just talked my wife into letting me pre-order BigAss Unicron and I'm wanting to drop the coin but Im worried. Now, the only crowdfunding experience I have is like when I donate to family/friends that were victims of disaster, and one time I dropped $10 for a band to help them record a CD and they never did, and I never got shit out of it, not even my $10.

But that was $10, and $575 concerns me. Going by the site, it says "IF 8000 backers are met by 11.59 on 8/31/19, your payment method will be charged."

But what if it *doesn't* go into production? Or what if it does, and then "early 2021" ends up being "late 2040?" Does anyone know if these things do refunds, or order cancellations?
This is their first time doing this, so it's all Undiscovered Country. You will be able to tell the next guy, when whatever they do after Unicron (assuming this meets its goals and pays off for Hasbro) gets announced.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Hahaha that GA figure insanely bad.

Got these two mofos recently

Unknown-1.jpeg

04-BAIT-1000-Toys-Storm-Shadow.jpg

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Hahaha that looks insanely bad.

Got these two mofos recently

View attachment 54533
Interesting Snake-Eyes design. Anorexic arms and real pants! They handled the mask in an original way. But I can't imagine anyone looking at that without being told who it is and not thinking it's supposed to be a Metal Gear Solid character.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Check out 1000toys Synthetic Human, they are putting some dope shit. Their Hellboy is off the hook.