Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I just found out last night that there were actually Roadblasters (an old Atari racing/shooting arcade game) toys. Video game toys, at least in the states, were pretty uncommon during that time period (1987/1988), so it kind of blows my mind that a driving game of all things got a complete line like that. Did any of you ever have any of these or remember seeing them hanging on the pegs back in the day? I sure didn't.

roadblasters-toys.jpg

More photos

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
I just found out last night that there were actually Roadblasters (an old Atari racing/shooting arcade game) toys. Video game toys, at least in the states, were pretty uncommon during that time period (1987/1988), so it kind of blows my mind that a driving game of all things got a complete line like that. Did any of you ever have any of these or remember seeing them hanging on the pegs back in the day? I sure didn't.

View attachment 27819

More photos

Wow...totally forgot about them. I have seen them though I never bought one. I did win a t-shirt on Road Blasters for finishing all 50 levels in the game (at the end, they gave you a code to mail in for your shirt).

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
I had a couple of those RoadBlasters toys. I had Thunder Gunner and Road Razor. I might still have them in a box somewhere in my shed.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Welcome Godzilla to the fam.

20151020_140540_zpsrnrbei8o.jpg

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Been pricing out the old Power Rangers since my pop's considering selling the house where I've got most of em still down in the basement. My god, the prices are everywhere. I see people buying pieces of the robots for more money then one complete with the box, which is what I'm selling. I'm gonna have a bitch of a time trying to sell them because in 99' I had a house fire. The boxes have some smoke damage but they've never been open. I'd be willing to sell them at complete loose prices but I bet folks will still bitch about them and the condition, even though they've gotta be just fine inside.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Preordered? I got mine months ago!

I also picked this up recently. It's my first third party figure, the price made me cry but this is the best Rodimus I've ever seen.

Carry-prototype.jpg

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Preordered? I got mine months ago!

I also picked this up recently. It's my first third party figure, the price made me cry but this is the best Rodimus I've ever seen.

Carry-prototype.jpg

Oh, Carry.

I remember him.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Is that the original 90s US release? Very nice and minty if it is!

On that, I raise you this... lol. I also have the Japanese and US Black edition.

10990547_1376513149332026_2086286903_n.jpg

10958231_395648983943412_1444682639_n.jpg

Last edited:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
It's the original, still in the box. Been looking to see all of my Zords, like I said above, but I know I'm gonna get people bitching about them being in a house fire.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Damn so much awesome stuff in a small time it's overload! Yeah Gohan I've ordered my Devastator through my local comic shop I got to still wait for mine :(

@M

20 Year Member
2012 Hasbro Marvel Universe Hulk with a factory screw-up that resulted in his feet being placed on the wrong legs (I know I could use the ol' "boil & pop" method to fix him, but he's funnier this way):

MU_hulk1_zpsqdsivmsx.jpg

MU_hulk2_zpsjpwkfsjt.jpg

2010 Hasbro Wal-mart exclusive Jabba the Hutt playset. It's missing the Oola Twi'lek slave girl figure, but, considering that he's otherwise complete, and I only paid $3 for him, I'm not gonna complain.

SW_jabba1_zpsn6zcziu6.jpg

SW_jabba_sides_zps97lgdpxb.jpg

2010 Infinitoy ZOOBmobile construction system--never heard of these before purchasing it. From an engineering standpoint, the ZOOB system is fairly simplistic, but the design is still pretty clever. Excluding the wheels, there are five, basic, cylindrical pieces. Said parts only vary in whether or not their ends terminate in balls, sockets, or both, and if they have a notch or not in their centers. That may seem pretty limiting at first glance, but, with a little creativity, they're surprisingly versatile. The ZOOB pieces are tough, but I did notice that a small number of the sockets have stress marks or cracks in the plastic, probably due to how thin the "jaws" are and the fact that they're subjected to a fair amount of structural stress during the connection/disconnection process when you're shoving in, or yanking out, a ball joint. After hours of play, none of mine have broken (yet), but the manufacturer stands behind their product and offers to replace any parts that fail (for any reason) if you send them the snapped pieces and a SASE, which is cool of them.

ZOOB_mobile2_zpsynlktijy.jpg

All six models from instruction manual A:

ZOOB_mobile3_zpsiujfgb3h.jpg

A couple of my own designs (a robot and a six-wheeled, double-barreled tank with an elevating turrent)

ZOOB_mobile6_zpspu2q2oaa.jpg

ZOOB_mobile7_zpsyvitqqlb.jpg

2006 Hasbro Transformers Robot Heroes Blaster, Ultra Magnus, Unicron, and Kickback.

TF_RH_G1_quartet_zps3rqqekvb.jpg

TF_RH_rodimus_zpsmyf5ww8s.jpg

2014 Toy Factory South Park Kyle Broflovski plush:

SP_kyle_plush1_zpszmqrajxg.jpg

2006 Talking Steve Irwin figure (the various reptiles are my addition, he didn't come with them).

CH_steve1_zpseh4c2bip.jpg

CH_steve3_zps1ptfuziz.jpg

The switch on Steve's back lets you shut him off (to conserve battery life and protect your sanity) or choose between two operational modes. Selecting "Mode 1" will result in Mr. Irwin voicing one of these eight phrases every time that you press either of his shirt pocket buttons:

- We've worked hard at saving endangered animals.
- G'day, I'm Steve Irwin.
- What a ripper!
- Crocs rule!
- Danger, danger, danger!
- Whooo-eeee!
- Crikey!
- What a beauty!

I think it was a really clever idea to unobtrusively blend the buttons into the sculpt like that. All of the samples are clear (the speaker is also located on his back) and, if you've ever heard him on the television/radio, or maybe even in person, you'll instantly recognize that the toy's distinctive voice/accent is authentic Steve.

"Mode 2", on the other hand, is more interesting. Pressing a shirt button starts a fairly lengthy interactive narrative by Steve involving the relocation of a troublesome crocodile. Periodically, he'll pause to ask you what choice you want to make (crossing a bridge or climbing down a cliff for example), which you then select with the appropriate button. It's kind of like an audible, and more linear, version of one of those "Choose Your Path" story books, which is mighty cool. I was really surprised by this feature, as it's much more substantial than what you usually get on a vocal toy like this. Steve easily has the most extensive vocabulary out of all the talking playthings I currently have in my possession. On the downside, it can be more difficult to make out what Irwin is saying in Mode 2 at times, because the designer(s) opted to include some ambient background noise (footsteps, creaking bridge, running engine, etc.) which can drown out his words.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
So I assume you'll be creating Jabba's slave girl soon? ;)

@M

20 Year Member
Nah, I'm not going to make one, but I might buy an Oola, or a Slave Leia, to go with Jabba someday. I believe that Hasbro made a 3-3/4" Slave Leia with interchangeable lower legs specifically so that you can pose her sitting on that dais alongside him.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Anybody got extra Masterpiece Starscream from Toysrus? Damn resellers got them all.