Anyone else think Pulstar price gouging is shitty?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
haha

99 is just better than 03, end of story. That 'omg the rain' comment though tickled me.

You're alright kid

You're alright.

:cool:

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
i liked 03 till i played xi. xi takes everything good from 03 and makes it better.

03 is still better than 01 and 02. and if they didnt try to do anything different with it, it wouldve been 02 with a different cast, so im glad they changed it up.

its fast, probably totally broken, but fun. and the bgs finally dont suck ass.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
O3's better on the PS2 with the arranged backgrounds and music.

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
Pulstar is a hard find despite the version (MVS or AES) another game that has been irritating to hunt for is the MVS version of Viewpoint....only one complete set and its over 600 beans... insane

I'm stuck playing the ROM and genesis version forever I guess.

Blazing star is the only shooter I have managed to snag for a good price...holo-labled original and all it was like 30 bucks

good luck searching

TonK

Least Valuable Player
If anyone in this thread is selling Pulstar, PM me.

123►Genei-Jin

Overtop Pathfinder
both 99 and 03 are broken as hell, there's no point in comparing them cause no one plays them seriously.

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
123►Genei-Jin;2734765 said:
both 99 and 03 are broken as hell, there's no point in comparing them cause no one plays them seriously.

whats broken about 99? 2003 feels a little funky, but I have never felt that way about 99

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I admire SNK for at least the new direction they took the series with 99.

And Krizalid IS the best KOF boss.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I had the hardest time beating Krizalid. And he is the coolest one too.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Pulstar is a hard find despite the version (MVS or AES) another game that has been irritating to hunt for is the MVS version of Viewpoint....only one complete set and its over 600 beans... insane

I'm stuck playing the ROM and genesis version forever I guess.

Blazing star is the only shooter I have managed to snag for a good price...holo-labled original and all it was like 30 bucks

good luck searching
A loose MVS cart is always better than the ROM. Keep looking, you'll find Viewpoint on MVS eventually.

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
I actually really like the rain in kof99. i can't think of any other BG in a fighting game that looks more awesome.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Friggin' seriously! If you don't like the prices then you shouldn't own a Neo-Geo system.

ruderudie

Cheng's Errand Boy
I was searching for Pulstar for wuite some time, but couldn't pay the money for it that sellers were asking (Fujita asks 90 euro, here on the forum prices were like $90). Luckily i found the cart on a retro-games convention a few months ago, original label and all. The seller wanted 20 euro for it, so i pulled out the money quite quick hehe.

Ukyo

20 Year Member

well that was for an FK; the last few FKs i've seen for pulstar start at $300 easy. much like tonk did with the iron clad thread, i'd be very curious as to how many FK matching serial pulstars are around?

for the record, pulstar destroys blazing star, but that depends on what flavor you like; both have production values through the roof.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
omg like friggin' seriously insert valley girl voice here ! :lol:

STFU and play with your Mame roms you nub. Better still, get a job so you can afford to buy some real Neo-Geo cartridges.

Edit: Hell, while I'm at it, I'll even Paypal you a fucking clue. :hammer:

Last edited:

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
STFU and play with your Mame roms you nub. Better still, get a job so you can afford to buy some real Neo-Geo cartridges.

Edit: Hell, while I'm at it, I'll even Paypal you a fucking clue. :hammer:

bitch I'm 27 and make over 239k a year running my own company, so blow me...and don't forget to swallow :shame:

and since when is playing my neo games on an actual big-red arcade cab considered not real? The arcade hardware was created before the home systems (which I have also owned) ...so don't talk to me about what a REAL neogeo is... you fuckin whiny little cunt

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
This thread is well on it's way of becoming cannon fodder for the war room, any second now lol......

darcotrigger

Zero's Tailor
It's not so much "what's great about KOF 99", as it is "what's so shitty about KOF 03"

It is "what's so great about 99?". I wouldn't call either terrible games, but they are both weaker entries in the series IMO.

KOF99 tried something different but was a pretty weak follow up to 98. KOF03 tried something different but was a pretty weak follow up to 02.

The difference beyween them is that 03 was the last Neo KOF and is the most unique one on the console, even if it is an aquired taste and could have stood to be a touch more polished. KOF 99 is the weakest of three games that used the striker system. If I had to choose one of those games to wipe out of existance it would be 99 for that reason.

That said, if I could only have one KOF game and had to choose between those two, I would probably get bored pretty quickly.

MetalSludge

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
This thread is well on it's way of becoming cannon fodder for the war room, any second now lol......

That seems to happen more and more lately. Why people get so randomly enraged at someone else's gaming preferences is beyond me to begin with. But that's Net forums for you, most places I go on the Net are actually a lot nastier than NeoGeo.com.

Anyways, I like Pulstar and Blazing Star about evenly, it just depends on what sytle of game I am in the mood for when it comes to decide which one to play at a given time. Yes, production values for both are amazing. I recall reading somewheres that Blazing Star cost two coins instead of the usual one in arcades or something when it was first released, just for being awesome.