Anyone collect vintage CRT TV's ?

Robb

Crossed Swords Squire
Anyone collect vintage CRT portable TV's ?
I started to collect vintage portable color tv's.
I usually get them for free, rescue from garbage or pay very little for them.
Here's a few that I got recently:

videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/robbcrx/videos

1978 Sears (Sanyo) Model 14062 Color Portable TV

IMG_0800.jpg

1978 Eaton Viking 10" Portable 8761-10C Color CRT

IMG_0538.jpg

1987 Hitachi CT-1367 Portable Color TV

IMG_0611.jpg

1988 Sony Trinitron KV-1326r

IMG_0557.jpg

1979 Panasonic CT-778 Quintrix II Color Portable TV

IMG_0745.jpg

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
No, don't tempt me! I'm already into antique radios. I have kicked around the idea of collecting vintage TVs. If I did, my interest would be in the stuff from the 40s and 50s; they have more style IMO.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Kind of a weird thing to collect. I'd hate to have to move all that shit, though.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Pretty cool TV's there. I like to collect things I can actually use, they would be useless in this country because there is no analog TV signals anymore. :(

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Pretty cool TV's there. I like to collect things I can actually use, they would be useless in this country because there is no analog TV signals anymore. :(
I'd use that SONY with a NES, it being that small would like great I'm sure, little tweak on the flyback and some tweaking on the chassis pots and it would look almost new.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Some things, I will never understand.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
while this is interesting, the thought of collecting something so heavy and big is not entertaining.

I have 2 CRT imac's that are just unruly to move around when compared to an lcd.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I'd use that SONY with a NES, it being that small would like great I'm sure, little tweak on the flyback and some tweaking on the chassis pots and it would look almost new.

Good point, that'd be a boss set up.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Not trying to hate on your hobby, but do you actually use them or do you just like the appearance of them in your place?

Robb

Crossed Swords Squire
Not trying to hate on your hobby, but do you actually use them or do you just like the appearance of them in your place?

Both. :lol:

I recently won this Zenith Space Command Remote on ebay.
It is new old stock remanufacture.
Comes with factory packing and carton.
This will work on my 1977 Zenith SG2570P chromacolor TV.
The old one that my parents have is worn and no longer working.
It is actually a mechanical remote. It makes a clicking sound and the TV heres that noise and changes the channel; see video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOlBAH3Auis

Some pics.

222-1.jpg

444.jpg

333.jpg

555.jpg

111-1.jpg

TV

666.jpg

Last edited:

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
No, don't tempt me! I'm already into antique radios.

You ever get into the smaller portable Catalin radios? Slightly tempting to me, but so damn expensive... not like my gaming hobby isn't expensive but, yeah.

As long as the radio is still sporting tubes, I think they're kinda cool.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I think I'm gonna love this thread. How much did you pay for that remote btw?

Neo Ash

You ever get into the smaller portable Catalin radios? Slightly tempting to me, but so damn expensive... not like my gaming hobby isn't expensive but, yeah.

As long as the radio is still sporting tubes, I think they're kinda cool.

No, not interested in those in the least. The big consoles is where it's at for me. 1920s to 1930s models are the ones I keep an eye out for. It's just spill over from my hifi addiction. They actually are beautiful pieces of furniture, so the wife doesn't mind it.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
No, not interested in those in the least. The big consoles is where it's at for me. 1920s to 1930s models are the ones I keep an eye out for. It's just spill over from my hifi addiction. They actually are beautiful pieces of furniture, so the wife doesn't mind it.

Ah, I know what you're talking about. My parents have what has to be about a 4 1/2 - 5 foot high old GE from that vintage. All wood... about the same sized footprint as a Candy Cab. ;)

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Do you recognise the TV at 24 seconds of this youtube clip ?

It's the "Titanic" set, that is, it's the same model Old Rose is watching at the beginning of the 1997 Movie.

Very cool. How much did that set you back?

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
No, don't tempt me! I'm already into antique radios. I have kicked around the idea of collecting vintage TVs. If I did, my interest would be in the stuff from the 40s and 50s; they have more style IMO.

My grandmother used to have one in her basement that would make you shit your ass. The screen was almost a circle, it was really cool. Sadly it went away to who knows where when she finally moved out of her house

It was very close to this
GE806operating.jpg

Last edited:

Neo Ash

My grandmother used to have one in her basement that would make you shit your ass. The screen was almost a circle, it was really cool. Sadly it went away to who knows where when she finally moved out of her house

It was very close to this
GE806operating.jpg

Now THAT is badass! :buttrock:

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
No, I don't. But I am constantly in the hunt for one of these, yet to find one in my relative vicinity. Great picture quality and looks wise, the perfect compliment for the home system:

mx4000d.jpg