Anybody ever order one of these?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Screenshot_2022-01-14-23-48-07.png
I've done building block ones, because that's what M do, but not electronics. Just curious what you got if you did roll the dice?

I remember SeanBaby had a joke comic book ad where they just shit in their mystery boxes and hadn't needed to use a bathroom in months, business was so good.šŸ˜‚

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I see you are combining the hoarding with gambling now. nice.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
M, did you know that if you buy just two of those, that you're pretty much guaranteed to get a phone? And I bet if you bought three, you'd get the MacBook.

But it's only $4.95, so why not just get 10 of them? $50 for 5 (or more) phones is an outrageous bargain, and one can only assume that with 10 loot boxes, and something like 14 items shown in the picture, your chances of getting a whole entire laptop are relatively high!

I'd buy 20 ! A laptop for $100 is worth it. Plus then I'll have 10 phones.

@M

20 Year Member
Kind of, but, more of a random grab bag. Most likely you'd just get a cell phone case, screen protector/wipes and maybe ear buds.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
I just ordered 2 for a total of less than 5 bucks.
Just curious about the kind of crap they throw into these. Will keep everyone informed.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
i am amazed how well these things sell. There's a booth with them at every convention, and they always sell out. I dont understand it.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Kind of, but, more of a random grab bag. Most likely you'd just get a cell phone case, screen protector/wipes and maybe ear buds.
So it is a loot crate then. Old overstock junk nobody would knowingly purchase so they have to hide from you what it is.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
So it is a loot crate then. Old overstock junk nobody would knowingly purchase so they have to hide from you what it is.
I'll take a gamble for 5 bucks. Spent money on worse things than thisšŸ˜…

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
i am amazed how well these things sell. There's a booth with them at every convention, and they always sell out. I dont understand it.
Should start doing it and milk the tears of the naive and hopeful.

@M

20 Year Member
Loot crate is more of a subscription service I believe (i.e., they send you a box of random M-grade shit every month) whereas this is just a one-shot deal. They've got more general mystery boxes on Ali too, not just specific product type themed ones like this example.

@M

20 Year Member
The hope that you'll get something good. Like, I frequently buy random blind bags of toys at the thrift store where I used to work, and, most of the time they're full of shit, McDonald's fast food toys mostly, but, occasionally, I get something really good, like a Transformer, that makes up for the crap (and they're only fifty cents to a dollar anyway).

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
The hope that you'll get something good. Like, I frequently buy random blind bags of toys at the thrift store where I used to work, and, most of the time they're full of shit, McDonald's fast food toys mostly, but, occasionally, I get something really good, like a Transformer, that makes up for the crap (and they're only fifty cents to a dollar anyway).
Dude. Wake up. If the shit is any good they donā€™t have to hide from you what it is. They could just sell it straight up. If you yourself would only buy it blind then not even you actually want it so donā€™t buy it.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
:lol:

Holy fuck, how pathetic is that?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
yeah... shoulda guessed. This stuff is perfect for M.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Itā€™s the ē¦č¢‹ thing. At the end of the year, Japanese shops sell all the shit they couldnā€™t move normally in blind bags, like this. Itā€™s always a collection of crap that nobody would ever buy under normal circumstances. Once in a while, somebody will get something maybe one rung up from being a total shit product in one of these, and word of that spreads enough to ensure that shops can keep liquidating all their unsellable shit the same way next year.

I donā€™t know if this custom originated in Japan or another place in Asia, but my guess is that this is some variation of that.

Itā€™s always fun to buy these blind bags full of junk, go home, get sloshed on cheap beer, open ā€˜em up and lol at what you just wasted your money on.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
I'd never buy this garbo, but I do really want to buy one of those random japanese snack boxes just to try new things. Can never pull the trigger though

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I wonder what itā€™s like to live with a $5 phone. Does it even do a good job of spying on you for the Chinese government? I doubt it.

@M

20 Year Member
You guys, there could be a $5 vibrating Chinese fleshlight in that box, you just don't know until you open it!
ShanghaiSexExpo..jpg

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Isnā€™t the hole supposed to be in the mouth?

That shitā€™s disturbing, like fucking decapitated head.