Anybody else collect Udon art books

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
This has been a on/off hobby of mine for years. Recently I got back into collecting udon art books after picking up and looking through my copies of eternal challenge and resident evil archives and since then have been on a buying spree. Need a copy of the art of megaman x but luckily its going back into reprint in early 2013.

So anyone else out there into udon books.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Nearly every artbook they've published is on my shelf.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Nearly every artbook they've published is on my shelf.

NEARLY?

Do you have the art of phoenix wright, I have no leads on how to get a copy.

Needles to say you are planing getting valkyria chronicles 3

You know until today I thought udon entertainment was based in Japan but I think its a little closer to you.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I just LOVE collecting Canadian anime books. Totally worth my money.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Just got my copy of SFxT today and loving it. Udon has not disappointed yet.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
NEARLY?

Do you have the art of phoenix wright, I have no leads on how to get a copy.

Needles to say you are planing getting valkyria chronicles 3

You know until today I thought udon entertainment was based in Japan but I think its a little closer to you.

Ya, I got the Phoenix Wright one a while ago, and I've got the last VC artbook, so I'll be getting the 3rd one for sure!

Udon is local in the GTA, actually, a few animator buddies and I went to dinner with them one night since we all had tables at Anime North a few years back. Omar loves cars, so my car nut friend and hium talked about cars all night, and though Alvin Lee wasn't there, I chatted with Jo Chen about upcoming projects at the time. We talked about Project Justice for a bit too, which was neat since they released a few issues of Project Justice before making it a short web series on their site.

Their work is great, and I'm really looking forward to the new SF trades coming out that continue from where the story left off (going into the SF3 arc) in the single issues!

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Ya, I got the Phoenix Wright one a while ago, and I've got the last VC artbook, so I'll be getting the 3rd one for sure!

Udon is local in the GTA, actually, a few animator buddies and I went to dinner with them one night since we all had tables at Anime North a few years back. Omar loves cars, so my car nut friend and hium talked about cars all night, and though Alvin Lee wasn't there, I chatted with Jo Chen about upcoming projects at the time. We talked about Project Justice for a bit too, which was neat since they released a few issues of Project Justice before making it a short web series on their site.

Their work is great, and I'm really looking forward to the new SF trades coming out that continue from where the story left off (going into the SF3 arc) in the single issues!

So any ideals where a fellow collector could get a copy of Phoenix Wright for less than a $100.

I am really looking forward to both the Valkyria Chronicles and Sengoku Basara up coming releases.

btw, what do you not have

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
So any ideals where a fellow collector could get a copy of Phoenix Wright for less than a $100.

I am really looking forward to both the Valkyria Chronicles and Sengoku Basara up coming releases.

btw, what do you not have

I'm missing Shining Hearts, DisgaeArt, and the the two Udon Capcom art books.

As far as the Phoenix Wright book goes, I'm not sure, other than stumbling across one in a small comic store. I'll keep my eyes peeled, and if I see one around here for cover price, I'll let you know.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I wasn't aware that professional fan-art was suddenly a respectable business.

The artbooks that Udon publishes, with the exception of their marked books that call out their own work, are all the translated versions of the official releases from Japan, i.e: Monster hunter, Phoenix Wright, Megaman, SFvT, etc.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
I just LOVE collecting Canadian anime books. Totally worth my money.

Agreed

I think I have about 6 of their books now

Buy more:drool:

I'm missing Shining Hearts, DisgaeArt, and the the two Udon Capcom art books.

As far as the Phoenix Wright book goes, I'm not sure, other than stumbling across one in a small comic store. I'll keep my eyes peeled, and if I see one around here for cover price, I'll let you know.

Shinning hearts has not been released yet and you can still easily pick up the other three online.

If you see one at cover price can you buy it. I will reimburse you and give you a little extra for your time. The book will not be reprinted according to udon.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder

The artbooks that Udon publishes, with the exception of their marked books that call out their own work, are all the translated versions of the official releases from Japan, i.e: Monster hunter, Phoenix Wright, Megaman, SFvT, etc.

yeap, best to wait for the translation if you do not read Japanese.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member

Translations of the Japanese versions of the artbooks are not professional fan art.

Look it up on Amazon.

And anyway, it doesn't matter. Even the books with predominantly Udon art that are of licensed materials which get published require permission from the parent company.

Which makes them professional art.

Last edited:

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
I was debating on not getting the SFxT and MvC books but then realized that I own the other stuff so I'll get those as well when I get the chance, that VC3 book though is a day 1 buy just like the last two

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
Are they doing a Valkyria 3 book? I have the first two books and they're amazing.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
I've got their capcom art books. Great stuff. I've seen a lot of custom arcade sticks using Udon art and they look awesome.