Any Suggestions for Obscure and Hidden Neo Geo Gems?

Elder

NEST Puppet
Didn't know that either. Thanks for the info. With that, and getting the actual move list for the game, i'd call it a hidden gem. ...more so on the aes apparently.

Yeah I'll have to keep that in mind for the review, because I'll be tackling the MVS version, but at the very least I can mention the extra stage per planet on the AES version.

TheIronSheik

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Not sure if this can be considered a gem, but definitely obscure, how about Stakes Winner 1/2? I have an MVS cart of part 2 and I think it's pretty fun.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Money Puzzle Exchanger is one of the best puzzle games on the system and gets little talk. Its greatly overshadowed by magi drop but its very good once you learn the rules

I recall Dion Dakis once saying Money Puzzle Exchanger was his favorite NEO•GEO game. Maybe it has bad karma now or something...

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I was playing the racing game Over Top recently and found it to be pretty decent. I usually hear about Thrash Rally or Neo Drift Out when it comes to racing games so maybe check this one out :)

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Your channel is great, man, I appreciate your reviews.

Just cover as many as you can.

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Money Puzzle Exchanger is one of the best puzzle games on the system and gets little talk. Its greatly overshadowed by magi drop but its very good once you learn the rules

I think MPE gets quite a bit of recognition, compared to Magical Drop. If you look at the art style of MD3, I think it greatly surpasses MPE, although their gameplay is very similar. MPE's art is closer to MD2. That being said, another reason it seems to be around a lot less, I believe they got into a lawsuit with Magical Drop people over being too similar, and MPE lost. So no more sequels etc.

As a game, I like the quirkiness the coins bring to the game. It is a great game, but I still favor MD3 over MPE (although MD2 is behind MPE)

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I was playing the racing game Over Top recently and found it to be pretty decent. I usually hear about Thrash Rally or Neo Drift Out when it comes to racing games so maybe check this one out :)

I thought OverTop was very good until I finished the race after about 20 minutes of trying...then I got the ending. One track is all it's got.

Elder

NEST Puppet
Your channel is great, man, I appreciate your reviews.

Just cover as many as you can.

Thanks, and Neo Geo coverage starts back up on April 1st. Until then I've got a bunch of SEGA CD reviews going up.