Any Subaru BRZ Owners Here - UPDATE GOT IT!

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Huh, for some reason I can't get rid of this image and reattach others. Oh well, made another post below this.

Anyway, this car is the most fun I've ever had driving. It's crazy to accelerate into turns and know that this road magnet isn't going anywhere. You have complete control, with amazing driver feedback 100% of the time. It's a fucking blast!

Attachments

• forng2.jpg
    forng2.jpg
    554.7 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Congrats!

Target acquired...ramming speed

just noticed the rape shed also!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Now it's time to get the oversized vape pen and cut off the mufflers!

Spoiler:
I kid! I want one.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Congrats man. I was tempted to pick up a yellow FRS but I'm going to squeeze as much life out of my current TC as I can

Knud

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
That is a lovely looking car, congrats! I have always had a weak spot for Subaru, but the only one i have owned was a 2000model Legacy station, but he did really well.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Congratulations. Like that colour!

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Congrats man! What a step up from your Civic. Now you've got a true sports car which can take advantage of your local twisty roads.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Thanks all! Picked it up on Wednesday night with 6 miles on it. Took the day off work yesterday and put another 200 miles on it already, lol. I plan to do as much today as well, ha!

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Congrats. BRZs are fun cars. I had a good amount of seat time in one on the track and they handle extremely well and are fun as hell. The advantage you have over the other Subaru DI engines is yours has the Toyota FI which doesn't have the carbon build up issues and is overall the better DI setup.

As a 05, 09, 17 WRX, and now 20 STi owner, ignore all the hate out there and negativity towards the brand.

However, you must:
- Maintain the damn car, do scheduled maintenance, use OEM parts.
- If you decide to do performance mods. Don't go cheap, do your research, get professional tunes from an actual tuner.
- Absolutely do not use an off the shelf tune.

Ringland failure, thrown rods, shot bearings, and blown headgaskets are 99% morons with bolt-ons and no pro-tunes or not maintaining the car. Otherwise, its kids being stupid and literally beating the living shit daily on the car, then crying why its broken. Cause they bought a car they couldn't afford to begin with.

For my STi, I'm perfectly happy with it stock at 315BHP. It's meant for curves. It's AWD drivetrain is real and not some fake as electronic gimmick. Front and Rear LSDs with a center controlled Electromagnetic Center Diff is very analog and with its 6-speed gearbox with direct linkage and a short throw like butter.

For the BRZ and STi, its all about the driving experience. This is what most ppl and manufacturers forget out there. Massive HP is nothing compared to the actual driving experience and input and feel of a car.

This is why the Miata/BRZ driver is having tons of fun on windy backroads with a stock car. They handle like a dream.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Ringland failure, thrown rods, shot bearings, and blown headgaskets are 99% morons with bolt-ons and no pro-tunes or not maintaining the car. Otherwise, its kids being stupid and literally beating the living shit daily on the car, then crying why its broken. Cause they bought a car they couldn't afford to begin with.

This isn't just Subie exclusive, that's pretty much every enthusiast car these days. The amount of retardation is unbelievable.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Congrats. BRZs are fun cars. I had a good amount of seat time in one on the track and they handle extremely well and are fun as hell. The advantage you have over the other Subaru DI engines is yours has the Toyota FI which doesn't have the carbon build up issues and is overall the better DI setup.

As a 05, 09, 17 WRX, and now 20 STi owner, ignore all the hate out there and negativity towards the brand.

However, you must:
- Maintain the damn car, do scheduled maintenance, use OEM parts.
- If you decide to do performance mods. Don't go cheap, do your research, get professional tunes from an actual tuner.
- Absolutely do not use an off the shelf tune.

For my STi, I'm perfectly happy with it stock at 315BHP. It's meant for curves. It's AWD drivetrain is real and not some fake as electronic gimmick. Front and Rear LSDs with a center controlled Electromagnetic Center Diff is very analog and with its 6-speed gearbox with direct linkage and a short throw like butter.

For the BRZ and STi, its all about the driving experience. This is what most ppl and manufacturers forget out there. Massive HP is nothing compared to the actual driving experience and input and feel of a car.

This is why the Miata/BRZ driver is having tons of fun on windy backroads with a stock car. They handle like a dream.

Thanks for the input and tips! I take very, very good care of my cars and never miss a scheduled maintenance. I'm honestly not a super enthusiast, but I do enjoy driving. The 86 platform is the most fun I've ever had on the road, so I'm stoked.

Outside of some snow tires in the short term, I don't plan on doing any mods for quite some time. As my daily driver, I'm quite happy with it stock. I did opt for the STI Performance Suspension, though. That and some OEM cosmetic and audio upgrades.

Last edited:

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Don't do performance mods.... you aren't a better engineer than the real ones from manufacturers.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Don't do performance mods.... you aren't a better engineer than the real ones from manufacturers.

Correct, and this is for the mass majority of ppl.

If you literally do not know what you are doing or don't have the funds to repair or replace what you break. Just leave it stock.

Here is a simple and severely common example:
- Buys WRX/STi
- bolts on new AM cold air intake. Or even further with more bolt ons like an AM downpipe and exhaust.
- leaves stock tune or uses a Cobb Accessport with off the shelf tune
- Car sounds so "cool" with new intake turbo noises!
- Engine blows (running too lean): predet, rod knock, thrown rod, spun bearing, ringland failure, melted pistons, etc
- Cries that car is a POS! Why am I denied warranty work!!!!! They should give me a new engine!!!

Leave it to the professionals. There is a reason why there are even specialized professional tuners out there for specific makes and even models. They have expensive dynos for a damn reason and years of experience on these engines.

The other one is morons increasing HP without changing out stock internals. I'll just stop here.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist

If you literally do not know what you are doing or don't have the funds to repair or replace what you break. Just leave it stock.

- Buys WRX/STi
- bolts on new AM cold air intake. Or even further with more bolt ons like an AM downpipe and exhaust.
- Engine blows (running too lean): predet, rod knock, thrown rod, spun bearing, ringland failure, melted pistons, etc
- Cries that car is a POS! Why am I denied warranty work!!!!! They should give me a new engine!!!

Leave it to the professionals. There is a reason why there are even specialized professional tuners out there for specific makes and even models. They have expensive dynos for a damn reason and years of experience on these engines.

The other one is morons increasing HP without changing out stock internals. I'll just stop here.
All of this is an epidemic here in the Pacific Northwest. Oregon and Washington is FULL of these chodes who think they’re all that with their bolt ons and COBB license plate frame.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member

- Buys WRX/STi

Haha, glad to see some passion around this. :) I've seen a lot of this bull on the FRS forums and communities around the internet. Lord, what people do to these beautiful machines makes me sad. The 86 platform is a work of art, and the BRZ especially is just a killer looking and running machine.

I grew up around cars, and as I stated earlier, I've owned other sports cars in the past - a 97 Trans-Am (2 years) and a 2011 Camaro (4 years). I kept both stock - no need to void a perfectly good manufacturer warranty or mess something up on these expensive machines because I want an extra 5hp. When I buy a car, I buy a car because I like what the manufacturer created.

Also, Subaru's (6 year) Gold Extended warranty ensures I won't ever let anyone other than Subaru touch my car. ;)

Grats Yagamikun, such a great feeling getting a new car.

Thanks, man! I've had a killer time these last few days. Took my dad out for a joy ride yesterday, and that was a lot of fun. He's not in the best health, and pushing 70 so his car days are pretty much over. He had a blast.

Last edited: