Any of you shitnicks been to Galloping Ghost arcade? Need opinions...

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Myself a a couple of my bros-before-hoes are contemplating taking a trip upstate to visit the place. By what I've seen, the place looks super rad...but that can be deceiving.

Before I take a 5 hour round trip to go there, I'd like to make sure it's worth the effort...

marktheshark

Morden's Lackey
It's pretty much one of my favorite arcades nowadays. They got a really huge selection of games, and I also like that you only need to pay $15 at the door for all day. The only thing that I don't like about the place is that it's kinda crowded, but I heard that it's being expanded.

Here's the full list of games they have.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
480 games?! That's very impressive, surely they're not all in play at the same time? How many cabs?

5 hour trip? Shit, I'd contemplate coming from the UK for it....

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
I have twice
they have tons of quality games in dedicated cabs. some in multis. They have a few pins but they were all down last 2 times I went.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I haven't seen an arcade that big even when arcades where common.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'm pretty stoked about it…so are my two buddies that used to be serious arcade rats right along side me.

I've been meaning to do this for some time and finally decided enough was enough. I called it for the 12th and give or take, told my buddies they were coming with. I got no complaints...

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
They will be getting Sky Curser at some point too

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
its super fun. LMK when you go! its like 20 miles from my house. I'll meet up.

of note- the f-zero cockpit cab is pretty rad. lots of other great stuff too, but lots of stuff you dont see every day.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Man that place looks outstanding. After watching that video you would be crazy not to go if you have the opportunity

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It can't be 5 hours from you... It's 5 hours from St Louis.

It's a pretty rad place. It's worth the trip. Losing one of my favorite places around here in Decemeber, CP Pinball. Might make a trip up there myself.

Last edited:

jtucci31

n00b
This is always the place I go to first whenever I'm back home from school. And then over the summer I go as often as possible, it's amazing! Especially because every time I go there they've added MORE stuff.

It can get crowded like people said above, and some areas feel crowded with games, but it's worth it. Make an entire day out of it. You can leave to eat and then come back as much as you want.

In short: GO!

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
It can't be 5 hours from you... It's 5 hours from St Louis.

It's a pretty rad place. It's worth the trip. Losing one of my favorite places around here in Decemeber, CP Pinball. Might make a trip up there myself.

5 hr round trip...so about 2.5hrs each way (give or take).

cdamm wants to meat you ;)

I see what you did there...

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
I've been wanting to check out Galloping Ghost arcade ever since I've first heard of it. Watched a newer walk-through video of all the games, and I couldn't believe just how many they had there. Planning on taking a trip to Chicago in March, and meeting up with a buddy of mine. We plan on at least spending a couple days just at Galloping Ghost. :D

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
That has to be one of the most impressive arcades in the US! So cool! Wish they had something half as good as that in California

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Just to confirm what others have said: go. It's quite cramped when there's a rush but the main floor area is pretty comfy even then. They've put all the shmups in a small section off to the side which can be tough to maneuver in, but the game selection is worth the visit no matter what. Freeplay after the flat fee is pretty great and you can come and go as you please if you want to get food or whatever. They have a series of like six to eight Big Reds chock full of games with all the multiplayer titles you'd expect.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
It's worth the trip...and I've yet to go myself. (Southwest doesn't have direct flights to Midway anymore from my local airport). The thing is they've got over 400 games...and that's a blessing and a curse. It's the same problem that FunSpot has. They've got a ton of games and not enough techs to fix em'. That's why the Ghost rarely opens the pinball room. I've seen a lot of bad reviews online from people that don't get that trying to keep that many games going is next to impossible. The other stuff I've heard about the Ghost is that a lot of folks like the mix of games but then bitch because they've got a lot of them in the same cab running on JAMMA switchers, but they're limited to the space they've got so take what you can get.

Doc's good people. He really cares about the games he's got. He's always constantly trying to fix them up and get them into the right cabs and making folks happy. The pay one price is amazing, so make sure you check it out. For the drive it's a lot shorter then me going up to New Hampshire, where we usually make a weekend out of it.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Looks pretty awesome. We don't have anything near to that in MN.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
mgc is awesome. my favorite show of the year.

Marek

Banned
The ghost is awesome! I checked so many bucket list games off on my first trip through there.

If you go, let cdamm pick the late nite diner. He is a connoisseur.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Smoke and CD. Let me know the time you're going on the 12th and I'll meet ya up there.

Last edited: