Any MVS database to check how many usa/euro games where made?

gomados

n00b
Hi guys

i didnt found anything, but maybe someone can show me some clue about that,

i saw several posts talking abaut low serials mvs
but maybe i think most importat thing is highest serial for each game. Maybe we can see how many games where made foe each game made USA-EURO.

Some MVS seems that serials doesn't go sequential but others it seems yes.

Maybe we can create little serial database or something similar to make this.

what you think?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
:( :(

I'd love to get a new cart/system database. Really wish we had the backup data from NeoCartMan though.

I still have the master list. We were planning on expanding it to AES/MVS/CD/CDZ/NGPC systems as well but since we got very little support, we just abandoned it.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I still have the master list. We were planning on expanding it to AES/MVS/CD/CDZ/NGPC systems as well but since we got very little support, we just abandoned it.

If money / server space is an issue I can host it for free as long as a normal LAMP stack server will work for you.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If money / server space is an issue I can host it for free as long as a normal LAMP stack server will work for you.

Nah it wasn't that. Part of it was the manual work, a lot of people when submitting serials wouldn't follow the format so we had to edit them ourselves. Not to mention the submissions were less and less.

If it was something we could keep up with and people kept submitting serials, it would be something great to look back on.

My original idea for it was a vbulliten forum where a forum would be the title and sub forum the serial number and each time it changed hands I would just need to post in the corresponding thread. Something like that. I cant remember if there were limitations or maybe a SQL problem.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
neocartman was cool - i think it was a lot more organized than that forum could've been...
If all you need to bring it back is help adding in the serials etc. I would def. like to help.

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I like this idea, I always thought it was cool that MVS carts had serials. I don't want to go off topic but I was always curious where my MVS carts lived originally, which arcade they started sucking up credits in. I guess its wishful thinking that there was any way to track where MVS carts went from SNK back in the day based on the serial number?

You could probably come up with a way for people who's serial number was removed to request one for their cart. Just start it with XX or something like that to show label was removed. If some one has a bootleg have BL or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I guess its wishful thinking that there was any way to track where MVS carts went from SNK back in the day based on the serial number?
I would speculate SNK did have records of where they sent what serial - but the chances those records still excist AND someone out of the community getting their hands on them are likely 0.

You could probably come up with a way for people who's serial number was removed to request one for their cart. Just start it with XX or something like that to show label was removed. If some one has a bootleg have BL or something.
cool idea, lots of work though... and we don't even have a databank yet/anymore...