Any boardgame/ table top player here?

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Any members here big boardgame or tabletop players? I know I have seen people post BattleTech and Warhammer content here before. Just wondering what other games if any that people play.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Hasn't seen any action for a while, but, we already have this thread:

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Mostly miniature war games, and some D&D, but not much these days. I've a few board games though but they seldom get brought out.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
We have mountains of board games but not cool stuff, just old family games mainly. They're starting to get some play again now though, as my son gets a bit older. Played labyrinth the other day for the first time in years, still a great game.

I realise this isn't the kind of thing you're asking after but meh, I really like labyrinth.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
We have two board game threads and a Warhammer 40K thread which basically our minis threads.

I don’t think we have a tabletop rpg thread.

My roots in gaming are with board gaming. I really like traditional hex and counter war games but also stupid big box American styles games with minis. At this point most of my collection is about a decade old.

I’ve been toying with miniatures games on and off for about 15 years, but never fully committed due to costs. With 3D printing I’m kind of full swing in to mini skirmish games again but I’m limiting myself only to games that are miniature agnostic (in that I can use whatever I want or print my own minis.)

I got in to tabletop RPGs in 2016 and that’s sort of where my “focus” in the hobby has been. In terms of role playing I like old school DND stuff (“OSR”) and FATE. But I have a variety of different systems I would run or play a game in.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Just got back from GenCon 2022. There's plenty of boardgamers here.... in the other thread.
I'm trying to get back into tabletop. My last two groups disbanded. I'm willing to pay to play at this point. I have 4-5 friends interested, but none of us DM.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Best way to get a group going is to be the DM. When I DM I always play in a system I’d like to be a player in.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Are you going to be just babbling about them?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
FYI Hasbro is going to reprint Heroscape.
Everyone argued they wouldn't be able to do it due to rising costs. Looks like that was a bullshit lie.
I know battletech people that liked to implement heroscape into their setups.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
There is a Heroquest reprint?

I would love to pick that up for my nephew.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Everyone argued they wouldn't be able to do it due to rising costs. Looks like that was a bullshit lie.

I have a shit load of hold Heroscape terrain that I've held onto for playing Battletech. I used to buy it up cheap at when it went on clearance or pick it up second hand.

Also, there are a lot of people making compatible 3D stuff to print for Heroscape terrain.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
There is a Heroquest reprint?

I would love to pick that up for my nephew.
Yes. Came out last year. They had to change a few names around to not have any perceived ties to Warhammer anymore but it is 98% the same and absolutely wonderful IMO. All the minis are updated and furniture is all plastic minis as well. They even have 3 expansions already out with at least 1 more on the way. Game is a bit hard to find at the moment. I would try GameStop and Barnes and Noble stores for brick and mortar buying locations.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

They’re going to kickstart it I believe.