Any beer enthusiasts on here??

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Here's my beer fridge. I also enjoy some chimay, delirium, guillotines, and love me some guiness or a black and tan draft. Too many gooders to list.

Attachments

• 20140425_184532.jpg
    20140425_184532.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 107

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
what do you think about the bud with clam?

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Love Beer. A fully stocked Beer fridge is one of the most beautiful sights. Seeing you're also a Canuck, I gotta recommend a brew I recently got hooked on called Dominum Vobiscus. Comes in 2 types, one with a green top called Lupulus, and another with an Orange top.. Can't remember it's name for the life of me, but both are delicious. Generally, I'm a sucker for stouts and reds.

BTD

Armored Scrum Object
Absolutely! Love all types of beer. Not a snob, but I do enjoy a quality brew. Just had a St. Bernardus ABT 12 Quadruple a few days ago. Delicious. A lot going on.
abt12.jpg

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I always get confused at what Americans call beer. To me, lager is different to beer, but in America (and Canada) it seems both beer and lager are all called beer. For example, I wouldn't call Budweiser beer.

Anyway, yep, I love me some beer and some lager :drool:

Last edited:

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
The very best place to drink beer (that I know) is Belgium. So amazing rich full flavors.

Having a beer fridge is a wonderful idea, when we visited Canada we were amazed by alcohol shops, where there are gigantic fridges with cool drink where you can enter and drool over that enormous quantity of brands.

ThGame

Geese's Thug
what do you think about the bud with clam?

Its a great summer drink. My wife drinks them more than i. Pretty damn good sitting in out our hot tub in summer in the back yard with a few of those babies

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Love Beer. A fully stocked Beer fridge is one of the most beautiful sights. Seeing you're also a Canuck, I gotta recommend a brew I recently got hooked on called Dominum Vobiscus. Comes in 2 types, one with a green top called Lupulus, and another with an Orange top.. Can't remember it's name for the life of me, but both are delicious. Generally, I'm a sucker for stouts and reds.

Awesome! This is why i made this thread. New suggestions to try out. Ill definitely pick these up.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Mmmmh Newcastle...all that delicious caramel coloring.

I had some Rolling Rock yesterday and it was shit. Do you guys actually drink this near-water stuff?

Also had some Fuller's Honey Dew or whatever its called and that one was pretty good.

Last edited:

kraquepype

Armored Scrum Object
Piss beer like Rock or Coors is good for occasions when you want something light to go with food... I like Highlife for nostalgia reasons.

My favorite is anything from Samuel Smith. The cherry ale is amazing and the chocolate stout actually tastes like chocolate. Its expensive though so its occasional.

kraquepype

Armored Scrum Object
X2 once I get a decent basement setup I'm dedicating a fridge to a beer stash!

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Piss beer like Rock or Coors is good for occasions when you want something light to go with food... I like Highlife for nostalgia reasons.

My favorite is anything from Samuel Smith. The cherry ale is amazing and the chocolate stout actually tastes like chocolate. Its expensive though so its occasional.

Yea we have some light beers often just because if we are entertaining most people just want a generic domestic. Plus i dont always like sharing my good stuff unless i have a beer fan in the house. We just recently got a couple legit beer stores in my city so its becoming a little bit more common around here.

novabomb

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Nice fridge man, I like beer, but also wine. I like this one most....

27-cover_packshot.png

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
One of my favourites...

Attachments

• tsing-tao.png
    tsing-tao.png
    339.4 KB · Views: 82

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

The oatmeal stout is excellent as well.

yzrider926

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Love me some beer, maybe to much, haha.
I got my dad's old kegerator which is nice. Beer is actually cheaper when buying kegs, only problem is you drink more of it so not sure there is actually any savings going on there. I like to go to Total Wine and just peruse the beer sections and drop $100 or so on stuff to try. If I like it I'll keep buying it.

Been taking some time off from drinking recently, but thinking Ill be getting a keg here soon. Want to get Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA but thinking that might get me in some trouble, haha.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Love beer. My favorite beer is definitely Guinness Draught. It's light enough to be refreshing & thirst-quenching, has a smooth, creamy consistency thanks to the N2 instead of CO2, and has great flavor. I buy it by the case at Costco. It's only good either on-tap (duh) or out of the can though. Guinness "Extra Stout" out of the bottle is also very tasty but here in the US it is not actually brewed by Guinness themselves (I think Molson brews it).

Belgian Abbey Ales, or the American craft brews that imitate them (like Brother Thelonious) are also excellent. If I want a light lager/pilsner beer, my go-to is Stella Artois, Amstel Light, or Anchor Steam. West-Coast or near-West Coast breweries that I am a fan of include Sierra Nevada (NorCal), Deschutes (Oregon), North Coast Brewing (NorCal), New Belgium (Colorado), and the aforementioned Anchor Steam (though I really only like their flagship product.)

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I have two main beers

Guinness is for drinking
Heineken is for drinkin'

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Love beer. My favorite beer is definitely Guinness Draught. It's light enough to be refreshing & thirst-quenching, has a smooth, creamy consistency thanks to the N2 instead of CO2, and has great flavor. I buy it by the case at Costco. It's only good either on-tap (duh) or out of the can though. Guinness "Extra Stout" out of the bottle is also very tasty but here in the US it is not actually brewed by Guinness themselves (I think Molson brews it).

Belgian Abbey Ales, or the American craft brews that imitate them (like Brother Thelonious) are also excellent. If I want a light lager/pilsner beer, my go-to is Stella Artois, Amstel Light, or Anchor Steam. West-Coast or near-West Coast breweries that I am a fan of include Sierra Nevada (NorCal), Deschutes (Oregon), North Coast Brewing (NorCal), New Belgium (Colorado), and the aforementioned Anchor Steam (though I really only like their flagship product.)

I have two main beers

Guinness is for drinking
Heineken is for drinkin'

good and rightous taste. if you like guinness you'd probably also like kilkenny.
european heineken is better from what I've heard.

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
good and rightous taste. if you like guinness you'd probably also like kilkenny.

Absolutely. In fact, I've had Kilkenny in Kilkenny. Didn't get to check out the brewery, though.

That shit is the bomb but it's something I have to keep an eye out for here, as it isn't as popular as Guinness.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Rolling Rock is a good cheap session beer. Love it for tailgates and BBQs. I grew up with it when it was still brewed in Old Latrobe.

I had some Rolling Rock yesterday and it was shit. Do you guys actually drink this near-water stuff?

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
WTF is a "session beer" anyway? Something about that sounds stupid/gay.

Edit:

session beer
n.

Any beer that contains no higher than 5 percent ABV, featuring a balance between malt and hop characters (ingredients) and, typically, a clean finish - a combination of which creates a beer with high drinkability. The purpose of a session beer is to allow a beer drinker to have multiple beers, within a reasonable time period or session, without overwhelming the senses or reaching inappropriate levels of intoxication. (Yes, you can drink and enjoy beer without getting drunk.)

So basically, piss-water beer.

Last edited:

lastcallhall

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I found this beer by chance at Walgreens on sale, and I immediately fell in love:

Bridgeports-Kingpin-Double-Red-Ale.jpg

It's got a great flavor without the hops being too overpowering, and it isn't all that expensive, considering it hovers in the 7.5ABV range.