Another FAKE MS3 on Ebay......

N

NGPSkinhead

Isn't the NGF ripoff version. I saw an orange stripe onb the game which showes that it is really fake and from pictures I saw from you version I thought your one had the ok blue stripe.

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
Yeah, it does have the blue stripe, but the persone who created it just changed the stripe to orange to follow the color code NGF uses...

Keith

C

charles

I haven't seen your insert... Personally I prefer the Japanese inserts. They always have great art IMO.

Not to take away from people in the Neo community who design free inserts in English though, a lot of them look great.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Well, that same seller, Ochau007, tried to sell a Neo Geo top loading Japanese CD system, and made up some bullshit story about how it was a SUPER RARE Neo Geo CD, one that was "twice as fast" as the regular Neo Geo CD system!!! What an idiot!! I emailed him, and called him on the scam; asked him to give the model # and describe the front cover of the manual, and his model number/description EXACTLY MATCHED my Japanese Neo Geo CD system (I have one, complete with box and manual). So he was full of shit.

Anyway, I see that the auction has been ended early, with no bids, so I guess he realized that he was FULL OF IT in his stupid auction description!!!

And, to comment on Keith's MS3 insert, its beautiful . . . I need to get one printed up for myself, I'd love to see what one of my MS3 carts looks like with an ENGLISH insert!!

Mouse_Master

Staff member
Thanks for the comment!

The seller closed the auction after I sent him and SpoonMan email. SpoonMan replied with a nastygram, which I replied to answering his message point for point, have heard nothing since......

The auction is back up, but i has a much better desription.

Keith

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Why are you getting made on inserts or people copying you?

You are copying what NGF has started back over 4 years ago.

Your work is nice, but still, give credit to wher YOU got the idea from.

The only difference is that we have and wanted to CORRECT the errors of SNK -USA.
Which we have already done.

If you're going to do something, we say "Do it right."

This goes for your inserts as well.
Just follow the genre code that was originally lined out for Neo AES carts.

fighting - red
shooting - blue
sports - green
action - orange
puzzle - yellow
racing - grey

Dion
www.neogeofreak.com

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Dude, I'm so freaking confused. I own an Import MS3 for neo home cart, but did an american copy ever actually release or are these "U.S." ones all converted mvs carts?

Dion

No, not converted.....why would they need to be if they were releases as Japanese cartridgs?

All the "English" version are were "reworked" to US by changing the insert, sticker, and manual.

That's what SNK-USA did, and that's what NGF does.

People can even verify this by looking at some of their older "English" Neo cartridges.
Some older cartridges have the "English" sticker slapped over the Japanese sticker.

Dion
www.neogeofreak.com

N

NGPSkinhead

But I think NGF is using wrong color-stripes. Games like Shock Troopers and Metal Slug are shoot 'm ups and not action games and so they had to own a blue stripe and not a orange one

N

NGPSkinhead

By the way. The inserts from Keith and a few others are availble for free, where the NGF inserts are really expensive.

Dion

Expensive?

You think $10, $20 or $50 is expensive?

Collectors will prefer and give you more money for a converted cartridge with a NGF insert. It's a fact.

Look at the prices other people are getting for NGF cartridges.

Even Shawn is selling a COPY of the NGF Super Dodgeball for $95. It may not be a copy, but I think it's a copy and not the original because we never sold any extra Super Dodgeball inserts. We have only sent out complete Super Dodgeball cartridges with box, insert, cart sticker, and instrusction manuals.

If anyone needs a SDB insert for their "black cart," contact NGF. We sell the complete art pack also.

Dion
www.neogeofreak.com

Shawn

snkusa.com
Originally posted by Dion:
Look at the prices other people are getting for NGF cartridges.

Even Shawn is selling a COPY of the NGF Super Dodgeball for $95. It may not be a copy, but I think it's a copy and not the original because we never sold any extra Super Dodgeball inserts. We have only sent out complete Super Dodgeball cartridges with box, insert, cart sticker, and instrusction manuals.

If you are saying that I am selling copies of your NGF inserts, this is incorrect. I bought most of my unreleased carts from Chris Ray, never actually bought one from you though. I did buy at least 6 NGF version Super Dodgeballs over a period of one month. I still have 2 left, one English and one Japanese NGF version SDB. I also have an extra English version NGF SDB insert for sale. I did actually sell off 8 of my unreleased carts. I’m not pretending to sell carts either, another false accusation from you.

Dion

It's not an accusation, I am just saying......how can you have an extra NGF SDB insert? We never sent any extra inserts out to anyone.

We have only sold them complete.

Just wondering.

Dion
www.neogeofreak.com

[This message has been edited by Dion (edited August 27, 2000).]

Shawn

snkusa.com
I was referring to the accusation that you made about me pretending to sell carts. I am indeed selling neo-geo systems, inserts, manuals, home carts, MVS carts, and even NGF carts. I’m given the impression that you don’t believe I’m selling off my unreleased carts. Well it’s true, I have sold 8 of the 20 that I had, down to 12. I may change my mind and remove them from my cart sale page, depends on our pending $500 deal.

Dion

That doesn't answer the question in which I asked about the SDB insert your selling?

I am just wondering where it came from since we never sold the insert to anyone. We only sold "complete" SDB cartridges. And I don't think someone would just sell their insert alone.

And why would you sell your unreleased AES cartridges? You are so close to having the complete NeoGeo collection.

Well, now other people have some of those NGF carts and maybe they will want to complete their collection. There are currently almost 140 AES cartridges, so many more people are close to completion of the collection.

Dion
www.neogeofreak.com

Dion

Shawn, after this deal is done, you can feel free to send me that SDB insert. I'll look at it and tell you if it's a real print or a color copy.

Dion
www.neogeofreak.com

Mike

Bead Banger
Keith,

I am failing to understand the concept of a "fake" MS3. How can you say that it is a fake? It seems to me like it is just another persons opinion on how the cart should look.

Mouse_Master

Staff member
It was represented as being both 'Protoytype' english insert, and also an official release (IE, the seller claimed he got it that way). It was being misrepresented.

The insert should not be said to be 'RARE' in any way also. The buyer of the game believed it was original because that is what the original seller said.

Also, when confronted by Trey, the seller claimed his downloaded th insert, and then he created it by himself.... He is scum for doing that, thats all.

Keith

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
As I mentioned before, that seller, ochau007, is a liar and in my opinion an untrustworthy seller. His auction descriptions are ridiculously overhyped, and when I confronted him about a bogus Neo CD auction ("looks exactly like the Neo single speed, but runs at TWICE the speed!" bullshit), he got very defensive and threatening. I even PROVED to HIM that all he had was a Japanese Neo CD, nothing special, but he refused to change the auction description.

Mouse_Master

Staff member
He bought the original game from SpoonMan.

The seller freaked when I sent him the email, and SpoonMan rudely responded... I wrote a response to SpoonMan, and have gotten nothing since....

Keith