Android peeps, HALP!

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
So, I bought a Redmagic 7 phone for shits and giggles. I like it so far, but there is something going on where when I am not holding the phone - so think, car mount or sitting flat on the table - the touch screen doesn't work for shit. But as soon as I pick it up, all good again.

I can't help but think this is some retarded setting that could be tweaked. Like some dumbass safety precaution setting so you can't fuck with your phone while driving. But I have checked everywhere and cannot figure it out. Could it be in dev settings?

I figure someone here knows waaaaay more about this than I do and might give me a clue as to how to fix it.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
That's weird. I've got 2 Android phones and a tablet and I've never experienced what you're describing. My touchscreens work the same whether I'm holding the devices or not.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
That's weird. I've got 2 Android phones and a tablet and I've never experienced what you're describing. My touchscreens work the same whether I'm holding the devices or not.
yep - it's a weird/annoying one

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Strange one. I had this stupid ongoing issue with my google pixel where it just completely stopped deactivating the touch screen when it was put to my ear on calls. I'd end up fuckin sliding the volume up and down, opening 400 apps, texting people shit, hanging up the call, putting it on mute. Fuck. Then it updated and gone. I hate you google but I dont have a choice with a work supplied phone.