Analogue Interactive Black Label: Custom Wood Neo Geo CMVS

christoph

Hardened Shock Trooper
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Thanks for all the kind words everbody! Glad you guys are as stoked as I am. I absolutely cannot wait to start showing you guys some of the Black Label units in the works...they are truly mind blowing.

I wanted to see a bamboo unit:(

yeah yeah yeah it's technically grass, not wood yada yada yada.

bet it would still look cool.

You and me both - I can't wait to do a unit out of bamboo!

That cocobolo is stunning, but I bet even a budget unit made of pine would sell quite well! :D

:)

I'd be more than $1300 for Koa, trust me.

It'd be cool if the tag said what kind of wood it was.

Yeah, Koa is insanely expensive. I'm sure we'll build one sooner than later ;)

black-label-sub.jpg

johnnie_walker_black_label_by_kilwar.jpg

haha!

That looks like a winner combination.
My personal wish would be Amboyna burl, its quite mesmerizing to look at.

Yeah! Some hardcore burl woods are going to be crazy special.

One of these carved out of Pale Moon Ebony would be a real attention-getter.
Spoiler:
BlackWhiteEbony.png

Good pick!

Yes, we have the jet black "Stealth Bomber Edition". Can we have this printed on our bottom labels Cristoph? Now nobody better post a picture of a jet black exotic wood or you die. LMAO

:D

I would love to see one made from a burl.

Really can't wait to do a truly gnarly burl unit.

It's wood or gtfo. What about one made of Balsa wood? That stuff weighs almost nothing!

Another good pick!

Manzanita would be tits.

For sure!

christoph

Hardened Shock Trooper
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I'd be more than $1300 for Koa, trust me.

It'd be cool if the tag said what kind of wood it was.

Yeah! I experimented with all sorts of options, but I wanted these tags to be REALLY quality and special. I would have had to sacrifice the quality of the tags to individualize them at a plausible price for such an extremely niche and high end service.

These tags are damn sexy, you have to see them in person! They are solid brass!!

christoph

Hardened Shock Trooper
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Here is a picture of a Mahogany set.. it is insane! The wood literally sparkles naturally:

img2102al.jpg

img2110r.jpg

Last edited:

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I'm surprised/disappointed to not see bamboo on the list of standard woods. Is there a reason?

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
But i wonder if he can go 'ultralight' and craft a carbon fiber one? that would be some hot shit.

I would answer that but I am not sure it would come across right as I am not sure if you are being literal.

In regards to this premium offering, it's cool in a cute sort of way. Definitely outlandish when you put into perspective that it's MVS.....and that many items that get made from exotic, highly figured wood usually end up looking tacky, homely, too busy, etc (a good grade Mahogany would do just fine).....and that the template design of the AICMVS needs a bit more refining & detailing to justify the outlay.

christoph

Hardened Shock Trooper
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
We have an extra Analogue Arcade Stick Black Label unit made from Cocobolo! Cocobolo is one of the rarest, most exotic, and expensive woods in the entire world. It makes it a masterpiece of an arcade stick.

The pictures in the gallery are the exact unit you get!

In stock now and ready to ship in within 24 hours!

Check it out, it is insanely special!

http://bit.ly/ZgaoRi

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Very beautiful... definitely the stick to end all sticks.

Now wheres my Paypal account... :scratch:

Badboy1980

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Dear Chris, can you recommend a timber with a black finish but looks nice (obviously apart from the black you sell)

Also just a thought, it may be handy if possible to generate a cgi graphic showing how the cmvs would look like with different timbers, just like picking a car colour..... Thanks

Liq_Wurm

Krauser's Henchman
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
ya know thats great and all but I'm waiting for the marble granite edition...

by the way I just copyrighted that so be sure to e-mail me before production starts ;)

christoph

Hardened Shock Trooper
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Dear Chris, can you recommend a timber with a black finish but looks nice (obviously apart from the black you sell)

Also just a thought, it may be handy if possible to generate a cgi graphic showing how the cmvs would look like with different timbers, just like picking a car colour..... Thanks

Absolutely. There are a bunch of natural ebony woods - see them here: http://www.wood-database.com/wood-identification/#e

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
How are you guys solving the upcoming Memory Card support for MV1C? I'm just too curious since I asked if it could be added to my cherry Black Label… :D Was last night trying to figure it out with the existing pictures of the work in progress on bare boards but simply coulnd't figure it out. Guess I don't have very good detective skills ;)

christoph

Hardened Shock Trooper
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
It is simply an internal add-on, so everything will remain the same - it will just have internal memory!

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Chris, is Bois de Rose an expensive type? In addition, can the corner be curved like Black Ash rather than rectangular?