Analogue CMVS, games and stick (price drop)

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
This is going back for sale

nd9ziS.jpg

What you will get:

Analogue interactive CMVS

-1x Analogue interactive Arcade Stick

-5 games

xHfx8U.png

League Bowling, Metal Slug, Puzzle Bobble, Spinmaster, and Soccer Brawl (street hoop is sold and no longer available)

-S-video/Composite cable.

-power plug that works in Europe

-no wait time for the cmvs

-YOU WILL *NOT* GET ORIGINAL CARDBOARD BOX for cmvs, it was just a brown cardboard box with their logo, it has been destroyed. If this is something that really bothers you, I can throw in something like an rgb cable and controller extension cable. something like that. Or you can wait for new console directly from AI, whatever.

option 1: the whole bundle:
1150 euros + shipping. -> 990 euros +shipping

option 2: get this with a basic bean neo geo stick instead of the analogue stick: 1000 eur + shipping. -> 850 eur + shipping.

option 3: no stick: 950 eur +shipping -> 800 euros + shipping

Just the console, power wire and s-video: 666 euros

When you wonder about the price, please note that if you order directly from analogue, you will likely pay big in shipping and customs fees...

European buyers preferred as it would be silly to send this back across the pond. For this kind of deal IBAN money transfer is greatly preferred but Paypal is an option.

I may add more games for sale on this thread later, so keep looking. I will consider sensible offers. I am in no great hurry to sell so I will take some time before dropping the price. However, I may entertain sensible offers. Split offers would have to be very good but can be considered if I get multiple buyers.

In case anyone here is wondering, I will be left with my most beloved mvs games (ones not outlined in green in picture) and 4 slot that I can use with my cab and/or crt tv and supergun. I will also be left with 1 analogue stick and another neo geo stick.

The reason I´m putting this for sale now:
Spoiler:
my dog bit someone with wrong attitude and the trials and fees is going to cost me a lot of money... (and unless I sell something I will have to drop out of the cps2 multi board for sure. If this gets sold then I might still have a chance to get it)

Last edited:

Halfabag

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sorry to hear about the dog situation. Did you not have insurance that could cover your legal costs?

I presume the other party was at fault but the dog/owner automatically gets the blame. :shame:

Hope it goes your way......... And GLWTS

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Sorry to hear about the dog situation. Did you not have insurance that could cover your legal costs?

I presume the other party was at fault but the dog/owner automatically gets the blame. :shame:

Hope it goes your way......... And GLWTS

I hope you get bitten by a dog and have the right attitude about it ...and go buy it some dog biscuits... and groom it for a hour.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Mendel is a good guy, buy from him. Great deal also.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Mendel is a good guy, buy from him. Great deal also.

Heartily seconded! Also, if anyone is iffy about using an IBAN transfer here, I can personally attest that Mendel is ok for it.

GL with the dog stuff buddy.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Also paypal is okay... but I would prefer bank transfer if that is okay to buyer. ;)

Slugger

Marked Wolf
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Mendel is a great guy to deal with and 100% trustworthy person so don't hesitate buying from him. Also good luck with the dog situation. Know you must feel bad about it now but things tend to work out in life as time goes by.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
I hope you get bitten by a dog and have the right attitude about it ...and go buy it some dog biscuits... and groom it for a hour.
man you are really fucking begging for a mod to castrate you arent you? regardless of in the wrong or in the right how dare you come in and throw salt in the wound of someone already in a really bad situation. his baby (dog) fucked up and now he has to hope it firstly doesnt get issued a death sentence, and secondly also pay off the financial burden it caused. im sorry you're a pussy and are intimidated by animals. to the OP, good luck with the sale man, i am sorry to hear about what has happened.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
GLWS dude, hope everything works out for you.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
want to trade stuff?

I want rgb modded nes and a pc engine duo setup anyways so one of those + much less money will be accepted as trades.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just posting to say that I'm really interested in purchasing the CMVS from you, Mendel - possibly even trading for some PC engine stuff - but due to the restrictions imposed on new users I'm unable to contact you privately. Nor am I even meant to consider engaging with the marketplace until I've reached 100 posts.

So I guess I'm posting less to express my interest (since it's technically against the rules for me to do so), and more to highlight the inanity of the marketplace rules. What's the point of imposing such strict constraints on what new users can and can't do? Not only is there an arbitrary hurdle requirement for participating in the marketplace, but also limitations that restrict new users from accessing even their personal admin pages. I've never encountered such a high level of paranoia on any forum. Shouldn't the seller have the discretion to choose whether they want to sell to new users, rather than having this decision enforced by the moderators?

I suspect that the marketplace rules have less to do with protecting sellers from potential fraud, and more to do with reinforcing the "boy's club" exclusivity that pervades much of the forum activity.

In any case, Mendel, if you're interested in hearing me out: I obviously don't have much experience posting on these forums. But I've had loads of experience dealing on other forums, and you can check out my ebay profile (http://www.ebay.com.au/usr/destroyallart) if you'd like to see further proof of my positive feedback (and also my contact details). I've been collecting AES games for quite some time, but I've been thinking of switching to the CMVS because buying MVS cartridges is a more economical alternative to collecting AES ones. So I'd be interested in the console, possibly the stick but not the games. I live in Australia, but happy to pay the necessary costs for shipment. I have some PC engine games that you may be interested in to kick-start your collection, but if you're not so interested in trading for them, I'm happy to just do a regular transaction. Also happy to have a skype chat if you'd like to hear from me in person.

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
What's the point of imposing such strict constraints on what new users can and can't do? Not only is there an arbitrary hurdle requirement for participating in the marketplace, but also limitations that restrict new users from accessing even their personal admin pages. I've never encountered such a high level of paranoia on any forum. Shouldn't the seller have the discretion to choose whether they want to sell to new users, rather than having this decision enforced by the moderators?

Sellers do have the option of selling to whom they want. The purpose of the restrictions is avoiding the flippers. Since many neo geo-related things cost hundreds or even thousands of dollars, and also since you can get very good deals in these forums, some people abuse the forums and come here only to buy stuff at good prices and sell them on eBay for twice the price. That's being a flipper and this community dislikes such behavior a lot.

Regards.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Just posting to say that I'm really interested in purchasing the CMVS from you, Mendel - possibly even trading for some PC engine stuff - but due to the restrictions imposed on new users I'm unable to contact you privately. Nor am I even meant to consider engaging with the marketplace until I've reached 100 posts.

So I guess I'm posting less to express my interest (since it's technically against the rules for me to do so), and more to highlight the inanity of the marketplace rules. What's the point of imposing such strict constraints on what new users can and can't do? Not only is there an arbitrary hurdle requirement for participating in the marketplace, but also limitations that restrict new users from accessing even their personal admin pages. I've never encountered such a high level of paranoia on any forum. Shouldn't the seller have the discretion to choose whether they want to sell to new users, rather than having this decision enforced by the moderators?

I suspect that the marketplace rules have less to do with protecting sellers from potential fraud, and more to do with reinforcing the "boy's club" exclusivity that pervades much of the forum activity.

In any case, Mendel, if you're interested in hearing me out: I obviously don't have much experience posting on these forums. But I've had loads of experience dealing on other forums, and you can check out my ebay profile (http://www.ebay.com.au/usr/destroyallart) if you'd like to see further proof of my positive feedback (and also my contact details). I've been collecting AES games for quite some time, but I've been thinking of switching to the CMVS because buying MVS cartridges is a more economical alternative to collecting AES ones. So I'd be interested in the console, possibly the stick but not the games. I live in Australia, but happy to pay the necessary costs for shipment. I have some PC engine games that you may be interested in to kick-start your collection, but if you're not so interested in trading for them, I'm happy to just do a regular transaction. Also happy to have a skype chat if you'd like to hear from me in person.

BAN AUSTRALIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh...

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   0

How much of your life did you waste typing all that drivel out? We have the rules that we have for a reason. If you don't like them, tough shit. Whining about it isn't going to help your cause.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sellers do have the option of selling to whom they want. The purpose of the restrictions is avoiding the flippers. Since many neo geo-related things cost hundreds or even thousands of dollars, and also since you can get very good deals in these forums, some people abuse the forums and come here only to buy stuff at good prices and sell them on eBay for twice the price. That's being a flipper and this community dislikes such behavior a lot.

Regards.

Thanks for the explanation. I can totally understand this reasoning - especially since, as you point out, new users have a tendency to buy stuff on the forum and then take it straight to ebay. That's something I wasn't aware of - I thought the restrictions were mainly in place to protect sellers.

I guess what I'm mainly reacting to is the feeling of being excluded from the community from the outset. When there are restrictions that prevent new users from engaging with the community in this way, it's going to make them feel immediately ostracised, and probably encourage them to leave rather than stick around. Perhaps the problem is that there's no real explanation for why these restrictions are there; they're just imposed, or stated as "rules" that need to be followed, and I'd imagine most new people respond to this by assuming that the rules are there simply to "filter" people out. It's not a great feeling.

Anyway, I didn't mean to derail the thread like this. I'm happy to accept the rules and participate more in the forum.

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I guess what I'm mainly reacting to is the feeling of being excluded from the community from the outset. When there are restrictions that prevent new users from engaging with the community in this way, it's going to make them feel immediately ostracised, and probably encourage them to leave rather than stick around.

It more like entering a party where you know nobody , don't introduce yourself and go directly for the snack table and start drinking the beer . When you are asked who the fuck are you and why are you eating the food , you answer "Geezz you guys don't know how to make someone feel welcomed".

You don't go into a group you don't know in real life and demand to be treated like a long time member. It the same thing for message board , some are more like book clubs , some are more like a biker bar . This is more of a biker bar , nobody cares about your feeling here ,but you can have alot of fun if you don't act like everything is owned to you just for entering.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
It more like entering a party where you know nobody , don't introduce yourself and go directly for the snack table and start drinking the beer . When you are asked who the fuck are you and why are you eating the food , you answer "Geezz you guys don't know how to make someone feel welcomed".

You don't go into a group you don't know in real life and demand to be treated like a long time member. It the same thing for message board , some are more like book clubs , some are more like a biker bar . This is more of a biker bar , nobody cares about your feeling here ,but you can have alot of fun if you don't act like everything is owned to you just for entering.

That is a fucking perfect analogy. Nice job, little n00blet.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I guess what I'm mainly reacting to is the feeling of being excluded from the community from the outset.

We all started like that. Some of us are still like that. Just participate, voice your opinion (respectfully) and participate in the threads. Eventually, you'll get market access and stuff, but you'll find these threads are so much fun that you'll almost forget there is a marketplace.

Regards.

P.S: Somebody buy Mendel's stuff, it will work fine and it's a fine CMVS. If you like furniture-enclosed electronics that is :)

Last edited:

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
destroyallart: While I would be eager to take your money and send this thing all the way to australia in my current situation... I really think this would make much more sense to a european buyer.

If you´re willing to pay for shipping (and possibly customs/taxes from getting stuff from the other side of the world) then it might almost make more sense to get the thing straight from where they make them... actually... scratch that!

In fact, do you actually want this specific model of a cmvs, as in a wooden thing? If not sure, then please do take a look at the Omega CMVS or the stuff that Xian Xi makes at Jamma Nation X. Also think of the possibility of playing mvs games on your aes with a converter. Consider your options carefully! Do not make a rash decision in getting a cmvs! (this applies to everyone)

Also note that with this price you might get a decent cab if you have the space for it. Not only do I not want you to have to regret getting this, I also don´t want to even think about stuff getting damaged during shipping and returns and stuff like that from Australia ;)

If you still want this after having spent some time on this forum and after your noob period is over, and if I don´t find a european seller for this within a reasonable time... then I might get back to you to make sure if you really want this.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
good advice Mendel.

I also love how destroyallart still hasn't made a single post outside of this thread... QED I guess.
(Just in case you read this: The post rule also is about the fact this market place is for the community, it's a privilege for members to do business with their friends here, not guys who just roll by, swoop the deals and then never come back again (or if they do, only to swoop more deals).)

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
Rating - 100%
30   0   0

PREACH PREACH PREACH PREACH PREACH1366057422_ChurchDance.gif

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In fact, do you actually want this specific model of a cmvs, as in a wooden thing? If not sure, then please do take a look at the Omega CMVS or the stuff that Xian Xi makes at Jamma Nation X. Also think of the possibility of playing mvs games on your aes with a converter. Consider your options carefully! Do not make a rash decision in getting a cmvs! (this applies to everyone)
That's really helpful advice; thanks Mendel. I certainly don't have the space to store a cabinet, so my thinking was that the next best option would be an AI cmvs. I own an AI wood stick and I've been really happy with it, which probably influenced my reasoning, too. But you're right; in the end, it's mainly the wood that you're paying for, and perhaps it would be a good idea to consider more economical alternatives.

Anyway, as you suggested, I'll give it some more thought, and perhaps get involved with the community a bit more in the process. One option would be to trade for some AES games - on the off chance that AES games are what you're after - but then there's also the uncertainties associated with international postage, as you point out. I didn't think the postage would be *too* outrageous, but that's probably because I'm used to high postage prices from pretty much anywhere in the world.

I also love how destroyallart still hasn't made a single post outside of this thread... QED I guess.
I'll post at my own pace; thanks.