alok331 scammed me out of $200! (Got a refund though)

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
That last name sounds Vietnamese... "Johnny" is probably just a nickname or alias that he goes by instead of using his real first name.

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
Alusi is a friend of mine, and definitely not this Alok fellow. Fucking spazzes.

Good luck getting your shit DZ.

oh cool. you got friends?

That must be rad... my bad for spaaaazzin'

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Left him a voicemail.

Basically told him if he is having problems, to come here or respond to DZ about it.

If he is scamming, I'm gonna give him a few days to make this right.

I'll follow up on Thursday.

Thanks for the help Mike... greatly appreciated.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Alright..

Name:Johnny Trenh
Address: 1568 ambergrove drive, san jose ca 95131
Phone Number: 408 307 2900
Email address: keiichi331@yahoo.com

Thanks for looking into it Bobak! Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it. In my 10 plus years of buying/selling shit online, I have never been ripped off before, so I am new to this whole process. I was attempting to go through all of the proper channels that I have seen other go through when they were scammed, as have been working under the advisment of both BB and Kit the whole time.

Bibs- Sorry if somehow my reluctancey to share someone info until it was confirmed via a mod offended you in some way. If you read the thread I was just following what everyone was telling me to do. If it makes you sleep any easier, I am plenty pissed about this situation, I'm just trying to handle this as an adult, as I find that usually works out better in life.

Anyway, the thread title has been updated to reflect the situation.

Thanks again to those who have helped out

-Gordon

Keeping this handy on page 3.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It might get the ball rolling faster if we all call and bother him about it.

Bibliophile

, I liek DragonWarrior
Because he says his name on his voicemail.

That phone number is registered to the following:

Helen Marr
90 Rosewell Way
San Jose, CA 95138

Other residents listed at that same number are:

Jerry R Marr
Jennifer N Marr
Corine D Cooper

It is possible that it isn't really his number, but another Johnny's number. Or it is possible that it is his number, and he is related to one of these people. I don't know. But hopefully this info will help some.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Well I have sent and had return text messages sent from that number. I have never heard of having other residents of the house tied to a cell number.

Very weird indeed.

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
not sure if it helps any but there are a few johnny trenh's in CA (with addresses and phone numbers) listed at this website:

maybe one of them is his home phone number.

Most likely it's these 2 numbers as he resides in Milpitas & San Jose area. Moreover, his age is about right (30):

(408) 586-0012 Milpitas address

(408) 926-5379 San Jose address

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Left him another voicemail.

He has until tomorrow night to pay back the $200 or I'm going through all of my resources to nail him.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
He has until tomorrow night to pay back the $200 or I'm going through all of my resources to nail him.

Enemychaser.png

gameaholic

DO NOT DEAL WITH ME! I STILL OWE STUFF TO MEMBERS!
Sucks

I'm sorry you got burned man....I just don't accept paypal for anything anymore and pretty much stopped selling my unwanted games.....I don't like paypal because they do not protect anyone but themselves and their investigations are a joke....I would call the credit card issuer and reverse the fee since you did not recieve....I got thrown off paypal for that as well but I am flexing my rights under federal credit law.
Paypal policy violates federal credit law regarding fraudulent transactions and it's your right to get your money back.....Someone stole my account on paypal had a field day with my credit card, paypal refused to cover me for the fraud, call card issuer and made it all right.....I know a little about the law since I just finished my Master's in Criminal Justice....Best of luck!

Ichiro

New Challenger
I'm sorry you got burned man....I just don't accept paypal for anything anymore and pretty much stopped selling my unwanted games.....I don't like paypal because they do not protect anyone but themselves and their investigations are a joke....I would call the credit card issuer and reverse the fee since you did not recieve....I got thrown off paypal for that as well but I am flexing my rights under federal credit law.
Paypal policy violates federal credit law regarding fraudulent transactions and it's your right to get your money back.....Someone stole my account on paypal had a field day with my credit card, paypal refused to cover me for the fraud, call card issuer and made it all right.....I know a little about the law since I just finished my Master's in Criminal Justice....Best of luck!

Yeah, but there's no "transaction" when you state the payment is a gift. Paypal has no obligation to reverse anything here, and I don't see how that violates "federal credit law." I would doubt that a chargeback would be successful either, on those grounds, and that's even if OP used a credit card, which isn't clear. Frankly, I'm not sure there's any legal recourse. Hopefully the seller values his name enough to make this right.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Yeah, but there's no "transaction" when you state the payment is a gift. Paypal has no obligation to reverse anything here, and I don't see how that violates "federal credit law." I would doubt that a chargeback would be successful either, on those grounds, and that's even if OP used a credit card, which isn't clear. Frankly, I'm not sure there's any legal recourse. Hopefully the seller values his name enough to make this right.

I'm thinking if he pleads his case, then there may be legal recourse.

Saying he sent it to his friend or whatever.

I'll be calling him again.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Just left another message.

I think this message might inspire him a bit - or he really is just a pussy.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
It sucks because Paypal is very 'buyer centric' and screws sellers over constantly, but what are the alternatives? They know they have a monopoly on online payments, so they use it to their advantage

alphagamer

Aero Fighters Flyboy
It sucks because Paypal is very 'buyer centric' and screws sellers over constantly, but what are the alternatives? They know they have a monopoly on online payments, so they use it to their advantage

There are alternatives.
But it's a vicious circle: the alternatives are small, so nobody uses them, nobody uses them so they will stay small.

Battlesmurf

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I doubt I still have the information- but I'll dig through my records. I dealt with Alok's friend- he used to work at a cell phone software company closer to San Jose. They seemed close- I might be waaay wrong- but I though they worked at the same place.

Either way- it wouldn't hurt to hit up Totoroslayer for some help or information- I seem to remember him being the one that put me in touch with Alok once upon a time.

The Legendary LoneWolf

The Garou Densetsu Guy,
20 Year Member
If you payed with credit card as your primary thing then use your credit card to claim your cash back