Alex Trebek dead at 80

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Once my boss and I were talking about life and getting older and he said in a really sad way that there is a point for us all where life starts taking away more than giving. It’s a depressing thought but very true.

Nothing makes me feel younger than listening to music.

Nothing makes me feel older than realizing most of the music I want to listen to is at least 20 years old.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Yep exactly.

I don’t remember Art...but I do remember a time when you had to buy your prizes on Wheel of Fortune

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Honesty, who the fuck could replace him?!

Before his sexual misconduct ruined him, I remember there was talk that Matt Laurer might do it, but, that's obviously a no-go.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
We watch daily. I knew things weren't promising with his diagnosis. I was surprised he returned for any tapings at all in 2020.

Rutter would be better than Jennings, but I'd prefer someone else entirely. I don't think Jeopardy! champs actually lend themselves well to being the host.

It is definitely a Bob Barker scenario, it seems like no one can possibly replace him and 5 years in, Drew Carey actually seems like a pretty natural fit.

Drew was awful for the fist few seasons. He seemed so bored. He's great now, though.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It is definitely a Bob Barker scenario, it seems like no one can possibly replace him and 5 years in, Drew Carey actually seems like a pretty natural fit.

Drew Carey has hosted The Price is Right since August 2007.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Once my boss and I were talking about life and getting older and he said in a really sad way that there is a point for us all where life starts taking away more than giving. It’s a depressing thought but very true.

I don't understand.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I can't imagine too many people would want to interact with fat, sweaty nerds on TV at age 96.

Well, that actually brings up a really good point. The demo (for in-studio audience) drastically changed when Drew took over. It used to be almost all older people who attended the tapings. It's definitely skewed to 18-35 now, though. Could the same thing happen to Jeopardy? I suppose it doesn't really matter, since the audience isn't part of the show, but it just goes to show how a change in host can cause a ripple effect throughout the show.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

This one got me. Aired almost a year ago to the day. Real human emotion right there.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Not actually Jeopardy, but clearly inspired by it. I always remember this commercial.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
RIP Alex Trebek :( Sad reminder for me,before my mother passed away that was her favorite game show to watch for a long time.Still it does make me think of those snl skits on jeopardy :lolz:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Jeopardy has been a blast. I'll miss Trebek.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Sadly I had no idea until I saw this thread. Damn love jeopardy and he was a countryman aswell. Rip. Might just go on a jeopardy watching spree here.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Played the PSX version of Jeopardy the other day. Was weird seeing him immortalized in video game form.

RIP and godspeed you!

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
RIP Alex Trebek :( Sad reminder for me,before my mother passed away that was her favorite game show to watch for a long time.Still it does make me think of those snl skits on jeopardy :lolz:
Whoever that girl behind Will Ferrell is, if you took off her hair, she looks exactly like Jason Voorhees when he was a kid, right before he drowned.