Aleste Collection (PS4, Switch)

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
M2 announced the Aleste Collection for PlayStation 4 and Switch.

Games:

Aleste (1988, Sega Mark III)
GG Aleste (1991, Game Gear)
GG Aleste II (1993, Game Gear)
Power Strike II (1993, Sega Master System)

Retail: 6,800 Yen (55 €)
Download: 4,500 Yen (36 €)

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Awesome! Will 100% buy physical.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
New info and gameplay footage on the sequel too:

Aleste-Branch_09-16-20.jpg

Jump to time marker 1:34:51

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Not really down at this price when it just has a few of the 8 bit games on it.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Ya I hate these non-comprehensive compilations.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Too bad they didn't include the MSX releases. Maybe they wanted to keep it Sega-centric.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
It's worth it IMO, at least for me, since I don't have a Game Gear. Even if I did, the ability to play on a big screen and with a stick will be great.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Too bad they didn't include the MSX releases. Maybe they wanted to keep it Sega-centric.

I'd say it's more that they already have a GG/SMS emulator on the shelf so they don't have to put a great deal of work into this release.

Kid Fenris

Quiz Detective
10 Year Member
You know, I didn't think I'd want a Game Gear Micro, but that special edition is sure tempting.

Aleste Branch is shaping up nice, and I'm getting a vague classic Compile vibe from it. I hope it actually comes out here.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
It's worth it IMO, at least for me, since I don't have a Game Gear. Even if I did, the ability to play on a big screen and with a stick will be great.
They both have hacks to run them on SMS too. They are playable.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
You know, I didn't think I'd want a Game Gear Micro, but that special edition is sure tempting.

Aleste Branch is shaping up nice, and I'm getting a vague classic Compile vibe from it. I hope it actually comes out here.

I'm tempted but $150 is kinda steep.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
They're saving it for the followup release if this does well, I'm sure.

Whats up Neo Alec, my thoughts exactly. A follow-up collection with MUSHA and Robo Aleste or even some sort of HD treatment for MUSHA would definitely draw attention.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Whats up Neo Alec, my thoughts exactly. A follow-up collection with MUSHA and Robo Aleste or even some sort of HD treatment for MUSHA would definitely draw attention.

So why not lead with them or give people what they truly want? If this doesn’t do well they can blame that as the reason to not deliver the games that would truly cause a buzz.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Because the companies are getting hip to the fact that they can release just about any shit as long as it's physical and seemingly limited and the noobs will eat it up.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
So why not lead with them or give people what they truly want? If this doesn’t do well they can blame that as the reason to not deliver the games that would truly cause a buzz.
The original 8-bit Aleste's are AMAZING console shooters, and personally I've already played the 16-bit ones to death. I only wish they included the MSX versions.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Indeed I wish companies would make more comprehensive collections, it seems like having quasi-individual releases is the way to go right now because they know people will buy it regardless, unfortunately.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
The original 8-bit Aleste's are AMAZING console shooters, and personally I've already played the 16-bit ones to death. I only wish they included the MSX versions.

Fair enough, I’ve only played Power Strike 2 on this list, the Game Gear is one system I’ve never owned, so personally I am interested as I did like Power Strike 2, but I still think the demand is much higher for the 16 bit versions, and it would be better if the time and resources were dedicated to those first. I’ve spent plenty of time with the 16 bit ones as well.

Last edited:

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
The 8-bit Aleste's are also pretty expensive even loose carts. It's worth it for me, they are great games.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
The first one on MSX2 is basically a port of the Master System one, with the level order slightly changed. Even the FM soundtrack is nearly identical. However, due to less sprites on screen, it's a lot easier. I ended up 1CC'ing it by accident the first time I played it, having already finished the SMS version a couple of times.

Aleste 2 for MSX2, however, is a completely exclusive game for the MSX, and damn is it expensive. I've still never played it.

The Game Gear games are also great, if not way too easy, especially when played on a TV. They are also completely different from the SMS games.

Alpha Troll

War Room Troll
Meh. Just another idiotic limited retro hipster cash grab. $70 for only 4 Sega 8-bit titles is dumb No Aleste 2, Musha Aleste, Super Aleste, Dennin Aleste. I rather pirate on my Mister. PASSSS

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Meh. Just another idiotic limited retro hipster cash grab. $70 for only 4 Sega 8-bit titles is dumb No Aleste 2, Musha Aleste, Super Aleste, Dennin Aleste. I rather pirate on my Mister. PASSSS

Nah, you'll still buy it. You may do it with mommy's SSI check or that stupid cunt Michelle's money, but you'll buy them.