Aesthetically Displeased - Shitty looking / feeling consoles.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
I like the 2600, something about that faux-wood panelling which oozes manliness.

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
I love this system like a mother loves an ugly baby but...

Atari 2600
v3hliw.jpg

Wood paneling... The thing looks like Skyler's station wagon now. Did not age well (and I wonder if it ever looked cool back in it's day)

Yeah, the 2600 didn't look too good.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
nec%20pc%20fx.jpg

PC FX with all of it's one controller port glory.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
The wood grain definitely didn't age well, but during it's era the 2600 fit in fine with A/V stuff. My old man had a whole cabinet of hi-fi audio shit (record player, cassette player, and amp/head unit with 8-track) that had the wood grain and even some big toggles.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
The wood grain definitely didn't age well, but during it's era the 2600 fit in fine with A/V stuff. My old man had a whole cabinet of hi-fi audio shit (record player, cassette player, and amp/head unit with 8-track) that had the wood grain and even some big toggles.

Ahh yes yes yes, thanks for jogging my memory. I remember when my dad pulled his record equipment out when we switched houses as a kid, that thing does fit the equipment of the day.

Needs more Pioneer feet though.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
And just to give handhelds some love, while continuing to shit on Atari...

30mobnq.png

nothin' like putting the buttons as far away as possible to speed up input and a speaker for thumb sweat capturing.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member

30mobnq.png

nothin' like putting the buttons as far away as possible to speed up input and a speaker for thumb sweat capturing.

Agreed, it's easy to forget how big this motherfucker was too, it was like holding a skateboard. The lynx 2 was spot on though.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Magnavox Odyssey 2 was horrible.

Magnavox-Odyssey-2-Console-Set.png

The Odyssey 2 games were horrible beyond belief but I kinda liked the giant-calculator-with-membrane-keys look back in the day.

They were trying to sell this thing as a machine that could do more than just playing games in order to make the parents open their wallets. Some did and their kids hated them for it.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
The Odyssey 2 games were horrible beyond belief but I kinda liked the giant-calculator-with-membrane-keys look back in the day.

They were trying to sell this thing as a machine that could do more than just playing games in order to make the parents open their wallets. Some did and their kids hated them for it.

Oh those shitty ass plastic overlay keyboards, dodgy, hit or miss input at it's finest; from the Speak N' Spell to the Atari 800. Slower than a touch screen and just as little tactile feedback. lol

First time I picked up a Lynx, I was impressed with how light and cheap it feels when it doesn't have batteries in it.

Here's a fresh one to wet your whistles. "Let's stretch one side of the N64 out, so that we can put a giant pikachu on that bitch, with his foot as the reset switch!"

pikachu nintendo 64.jpg

Last edited:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I must be the only person who likes the Super Nintendo

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I must be the only person who likes the Super Nintendo

it's rough looking at the us snes when the super famicom is one of the most aesthetically pleasing systems ever.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member

30mobnq.png

You could paddle someones arse nicely with that thing.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
When I saw the SNES you folks in the US got, losing every event at the Olympics and waiting up to a year for American films to be released in the UK suddenly all seemed worth it.

Even the carts are hideous.

You forgot to mention your games playing in 50Hz. ;)

But I do have to thank everyone in Europe for giving me Terranigma in English:

IMG_1914.JPG

IMG_1915.JPG

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
1) N64 (looks like a toy car for ages 3-5)
2) US SNES
3) Latest model PS3

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
1) N64 (looks like a toy car for ages 3-5)
2) US SNES
3) Latest model PS3

Late, I didn't see the newest model for a while, then they released that red LE version, I thought whoa - pretty cool, then I saw that plastic drive bay open up and I LOL'd. A couple weeks after it was released I saw a used one at a game exchange and it just looks cheap as shit.

PS3red.jpg