AES stick springs? (also cart slot screws?)

fluxcore

Another Striker
I Recently picked up an AES with two sticks, one noticeably looser than the other. Turns out it's entirely missing the spring. Anyone know where replacements can be found? I've seen plenty of mention of replacing them, but not what with.

One thing I know for sure is that the Seimitsu ls-32 springs have too large a diameter (and boy are the c-clips on those things buggers to get on/off!).

Focus attack doesn't give dimensions so I'm not sure whether the ls-55s etc are bigger/smaller than the ls-32, or indeed correct for the AES stick.

Judging from this site http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/attributes_brands.html it's possible the ls-55 or ls-56 might be the correct size (i.e. smaller than ls-32).

Unfortunately, shipping from anywhere takes a good few weeks to here, so 'trial and error' iterations will take months.

Any help greatly appreciated.

On a side note, my AES doesn't have the 4 screws holding down the cart slots - can someone give me the length of said screws? It's probably a good idea for me to batten down those slots...

Cheers!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
The oldstyle sticks have custom LS-30 sticks in them, so you'e looking for a replacement that fits those. I have tried around with springs for my controller, but I can't for the life of mine remember which ones thoes were (just ordered a variety from arcadeshop.de and tested to see which one I liked best...).

As I was searching the boards I stumbled across this post by rcantor77 here, which says that "UltraStik 360 Optional Hard Springs" should fit perfectly... maybe look into that? Sorry I can't be of more help atm.

fluxcore

Another Striker
Ok, well I can certainly confirm that neither Seimitsu LS-33 nor LS-55 springs fit.

AES stick springs:
diameter 9mm
length 16mm

LS-33 springs:
diameter 12mm
length 20mm

LS-55 springs are the same measurements, but are thicker and have an extra twist in them.

After waiting a full month to receive them from Focus Attack (after being quoted the LS-55 springs as very similar dimensions as the AES springs - 9.45mm dia, 16mm length), I'm kind of annoyed. Was very looking forward to having a nice, restored pair of AES sticks :(

Along the way, I also asked the UltraStik fellows about the size of their spring, and they said 15mm diameter, 19mm length - again, much too big.

Any further leads appreciated. I did find some screws in my box of random screws which were sufficent for the cart slots, at least.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Along the way, I also asked the UltraStik fellows about the size of their spring, and they said 15mm diameter, 19mm length - again, much too big.
Too bad... I ordered a few to test them in person at newyears - will take some time till they get here though. Maybe I can use them for one of my other sticks then.