AES Repair

yoshi41

Crazed MVS Addict
My second AES seems to be dead. I turn it on, nothing happens, at least no picture.

Anybody here who is able to repair AES systems, probably in europe?

PS: I also would like to have a UniBIOS installed.

Thanks

ApolloBoy

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Have you tried checking the voltage regulator? I'm assuming you also have a 9V system?

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
If you're on the other side of the world (like in Europe, or close to Italy) then send a PM to MKL (aka PrincessPrinPrin on shmups or otaku arcade.)

---

If you're on this side of the world, then Xian Xi or channelmanic come to mind.

Last edited:

yoshi41

Crazed MVS Addict
Ok, I'm stupid or forgetful or I just have too many consoles. :loco:

Since I used only one AES all the time, I completely forgot about the other power adapter. I just used the wrong one, 10V instead of 5V. Guess I'm lucky nothing blowed up. :D

With the correct adapter, everything works fine. :)

aes_voltage.png

Thanks ApolloBoy, your post helped me to search for another power adapter.

Thanks Tyranix95, this info might be useful for the future or other repair questions. I was already in contact with Xian Xi, but I'm from the other side of the world (Switzerland). MKL is pretty close, but has turned off PMs (for whatever reason).

wonamik

Armored Scrum Object
1. I dont understand how to create a new topic so i write my question here.
I got a AES cart (and only one so i have nothing to compare to) and my issue is that when i hold the cart and lean it to one side i can feel the chip (or something inside) leaning over and touching the inside of the cart. The game plays perfect and i have no issues with it, I just wonder if this is common for AES carts or if its something that could seriously damage the game in the future and so on. Iam a real newbie, got my first AES system with the game (Spinmaster american version) just about a week ago so I dont know to much about the whole Neo Geo scene yet.

Best Regards Tommy N

DANIPSX

n00b
I have a dead Aes that i like to try to repair.

I'm going to try to contact MKL!.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
1. I dont understand how to create a new topic so i write my question here.
I got a AES cart (and only one so i have nothing to compare to) and my issue is that when i hold the cart and lean it to one side i can feel the chip (or something inside) leaning over and touching the inside of the cart. The game plays perfect and i have no issues with it, I just wonder if this is common for AES carts or if its something that could seriously damage the game in the future and so on. Iam a real newbie, got my first AES system with the game (Spinmaster american version) just about a week ago so I dont know to much about the whole Neo Geo scene yet.

Best Regards Tommy N

The boards should be a little loose inside the cart. It's normal to hear/feel them move around a little bit when you move the cart around.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
I'll just piggy back on this thread. I got an AES, hooked up via scart to a component converter. The video is decent but it's jumpy, basically you can tell that the text looks a bit shaky. In reality the whole image shakes, but it's very noticeable when text is on the screen.

I know that it could be the converter, but is there anything else I can do that might fix this?

It's a 3-5, PAL AES,

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'll just piggy back on this thread. I got an AES, hooked up via scart to a component converter. The video is decent but it's jumpy, basically you can tell that the text looks a bit shaky. In reality the whole image shakes, but it's very noticeable when text is on the screen.

I know that it could be the converter, but is there anything else I can do that might fix this?

It's a 3-5, PAL AES,

You can try installing an LM1881 on the sync line and see if that works or a 0.1uf cap on the sync line as well.