AES Pro Pow3 PSU

Metlcub

n00b
Hey all
I know Ebay is nuts on prices for the Pro Pow3, and I will eventually get one. I do have a Sega genesis Model 1 here at the house. I am able to use that PSU for the AES Pro Pow3 correct?

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
Hey all
I know Ebay is nuts on prices for the Pro Pow3, and I will eventually get one. I do have a Sega genesis Model 1 here at the house. I am able to use that PSU for the AES Pro Pow3 correct?

I am using one with mine with no issues.

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,
Here are the specs for the Model NEO-POW3 that I have:

Input AC100V 50/60Hz 19VA
Output: DC10V 1000mA

I've messed around a lot with Universal AC Adapters on systems. The key thing you need in a replacement AC Adapter is that the Output Volts must be the same and the mA need to meet or exceed that number.

Can someone share what the specs are on the Genesis 1 AC Adapter?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Here are the specs for the Model NEO-POW3 that I have:

Input AC100V 50/60Hz 19VA
Output: DC10V 1000mA

I've messed around a lot with Universal AC Adapters on systems. The key thing you need in a replacement AC Adapter is that the Output Volts must be the same and the mA need to meet or exceed that number.

Can someone share what the specs are on the Genesis 1 AC Adapter?

For a non-5v system it can be a power adapter that is DC 9-13v with at least 2A. Make sure it's a 2.5mm/5.5mm plug and center negative.

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,
I wonder what serial number his system is. Now that I think about it PRO-POW3 may be the 5V Adapter for the lower serial systems. Would need to double check. I used to own a lower serial system back in the day.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I wonder what serial number his system is. Now that I think about it PRO-POW3 may be the 5V Adapter for the lower serial systems. Would need to double check. I used to own a lower serial system back in the day.

Never go by serial, only way to know for sure is to look inside. There's a lot of recases.

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,
Never go by serial, only way to know for sure is to look inside. There's a lot of recases.

What do you mean by recases? Like they replaced an ugly shell with a nice looking one from a broken unit?