AES Game Suggestions

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
Ok, So I recently got an AES and 5 games.

I have:

Samsho 2
SamSho 3
SamSho 4
Joy Joy Kid
Last Blade 2

I am eventually going to get a converter, but I was wonder what are some of your guy's suggestions on other games I should get. I'm not looking to buy anything just yet, just looking for games that should be on my radar that don't cost more than $300.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Get the KoF's, Blues Journey, Mag Lord, Sengoku, Fatal Fury Special, Nam 1975.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
The Super Spy of course.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Baseball Stars 2, League Bowling, Nam 1975, Mag Lord, KoF 95, Kabuki Klash.

rgarla.tn550

New Challenger
Kof 98 & 96 are personal favorites of mine. I think they are the best fighters available for under 300$. I honestly don't know why anyone would go aes with converter these days. A CmVS is much cheaper and has no compatibility issues.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
also look into real bout, real bout special, samurai shodown 1, last blade 1, super sidekicks 1 and 2

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Super Spy
Ghost Pilots
Mag. Lord
Crossed Swords
Hell if you are getting a MVS converter preorder Crossed Swords 2 MVS.
Ninja Combat
Nam 75
Alpha Mission 2
8man
Kotm 1&2
Cyber Lip or: slug -0
Robo Army

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I honestly don't know why anyone would go aes with converter these days. A CmVS is much cheaper and has no compatibility issues.

This. If you get a CMVS with support for the memory card (or with a VMC) and the latest UniBIOS, you honestly do not need the AES for anything. However if you want to collect, spend big bucks and impress the ladies...well, maybe that last part not, then get the AES and enjoy it.

Regards.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Crossed Swords & League Bowling.

Caplet, you still in Cordova? I lived in Germantown for about a year we are in Southaven, MS now but about to move again, crazy.

Last edited:

Caplet

Cheng's Errand Boy
Caplet, you still in Cordova? I lived in Germantown for about a year we are in Southaven, MS now but about to move again, crazy.

Yessir. Nestled in the black heart of Wolfchase. Small world.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member

I have:

Samsho 2
SamSho 3
SamSho 4
Joy Joy Kid
Last Blade 2

I am eventually going to get a converter, but I was wonder what are some of your guy's suggestions on other games I should get. I'm not looking to buy anything just yet, just looking for games that should be on my radar that don't cost more than $300.

- Real Bout 2 (or Special, but I prefer RB2)
- KoF '98

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I'd start with a KOF. That series always screamed "NEO" for me. Also Nam.

And be sure to check Fatal Fury Special. I never really got into it, but it sure is worth playing.

P.S.:
I'm an MVS guy... and my advice is that you really should think about converting yourself from homeconsole to MVS if you haven't already... it's cheaper, boots are easier to spot and you're more likely to end up with all the games you want.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Is Sengoku 2 still a sub $300 game? It was at least a couple of years ago...

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
def ninja combat & aero fighters 2

I'd suggest ninja masters but thats $800+

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star

And be sure to check Fatal Fury Special. I never really got into it, but it sure is worth playing.

P.S.:
I'm an MVS guy... and my advice is that you really should think about converting yourself from homeconsole to MVS if you haven't already... it's cheaper, boots are easier to spot and you're more likely to end up with all the games you want.

I used to own an MVS converted cab, but when I got married and had a kid, I needed the space and got rid of it, so I know the price difference. I am actually really considering making my own CMVS.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
cool. Making your own CMVS is a good road to take... or just make a supergun and enjoy some more PCBs instead ;) Xian Xi also makes bad ass ones, and there's always the Omega.

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,

I have:

Samsho 2
SamSho 3
SamSho 4
Joy Joy Kid
Last Blade 2

Real Bout Special (or 2)
KoF98-99
Fatal Fury Special
Art of Fighting 2

bravojohny

Armored Scrum Object

P.S.:

Agree.

KOF 94 and Fatal Fury Special were among my first AES games.

Fatal Fury Special is amazing, INHO, even better than KOF 94 and is strong in Neo Geo ADN.

I think Art of Fighting 2 is another fine game to buy. Altough AOF3 is way better, second edition is into place.