aes game prices

RushedDown

n00b
i love the neo games and just recently picked up an aes with 2 games pretty cheap

i cant understand why alot of the games are so expensive when the mvs versions are so much cheaper

i mean does a box and a manual really make the game worth so much more

i also understand alot of the titles are rare\collectable

its just some of the prices are rediculous

i wanted to pick up neo turf masters for my neo but there aint no way im paying that for a game thats not in a large screen arcade cabinet

maybe a few of u here can help me understand better

Lovergoat

, KING of GOATs, Greatest of all time...
It's all about both real and perceived value/rarity/nostalgia. If somebody is willing to pay $16,000 for a euro Kizuna, good luck to them. I think it's mad but if that's what they are willing to lay down for a copy then surely that is its monetary value, at least to that individual.

It is totally mad I agree. However, look on the bright side. Without these collector nuts most of this stuff would be picked up by some kid at a church sale for five bucks and not be appreciated,shortly followed by making it to the trash when they leave home.

Collectors cause these problems, without a doubt. But it wouldn't be the same without them.

TLH

Zero's Secretary
Collecting AES is getting too expensive for the ..

titles that at one time I took for granted. I have had several original MS 1 AES games and got stuck once with a conversion.. I had a system and a collecton stolen about 10 years ago that had games in it that would fetch thousands today. That said, we can't cry over spilled milk,, it is what it is... We should be thankful that there remains so much interest in the greatest game company of all time..SNK .. I am now turning my attention to collecting MVS before they go the way of AES games. It is hard to say what the future holds, but we do know there are only so many AES and MVS games ever made.. Some will someday become collectors items.. Part of the fun of this for me is too try and acquire those games before I can't afford them..

Comments?

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Lovergoat said:
It's all about both real and perceived value/rarity/nostalgia. If a dumbass is willing to pay $16,000 for a euro Kizuna that's not even close to mint, then lol @ them.

*fixed

bojay1997

Kuroko's Training Dummy
It's just a trickle down of the fact that with the exception of the launch titles, most AES games were not produced in massive quantities like their MVS counterparts were. In fact, MVS games like Metal Slug and Metal Slug 2 are significantly more common than their AES counterparts. Also, up until very recently, it was virtually impossible to find new AES games at a discount. They have always been somewhere close to MSRP and many collectors on this board bought the games at full MSRP when they first came out. So, with all those factors combined, AES prices especially for mint or NOS games will probably remain higher than their MVS counterparts for some time to come.

RushedDown

n00b
im just gonna buy up most the loose carts i come across when i have the cash

i dont mind carts being scratched or missing boxes and instructions as long as the game works

its nicer to have a nice collection of mint condition games
but they are carts and not cd's so as long as they arent broken open im cool with that

most of my games are road warrior shit anyway
i travel alot and like to bring shit with me

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
JPN Versions are also a good way to save some money...in most cases ;)

tony starks

Starks is always out.
Doctor Shroom said:
JPN Versions are also a good way to save some money...in most cases ;)

Damn right!

Plus I prefer the art on the JPN inserts.

Starks out.

REN

n00b
I am with STARKS, The Kanji/Katakana titles just look so much cooler, and the full bleed artwork too....Mother land for :mr_t: dubs!

TurboCro

AESwipe,
Thank goodness, theres been too much talk of sealed games. I agree with JPN carts (I have a mutt of a collection as a result).

Plenty of cheaper oldies but goodies out there FFS (still enjoy it to this day), AOF, SS...That being said prepare for the AES monster to eat several whole paychecks in the long run:oh_no:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
tony_starks said:
Damn right!

Plus I prefer the art on the JPN inserts.

Starks out.

Same here.

..remember this:
fatalfury.jpg
:oh_no:
compared to this beauty:
fatalfury.jpg

tony starks

Starks is always out.
Doctor Shroom said:
Same here.

..remember this:
fatalfury.jpg
:oh_no:
compared to this beauty:
fatalfury.jpg

I sure do man, the US inset sucks. Though I won't knock anyone who likes the US inserts. To me it is simply a no brainer, tbh I prefer JPN artwork on all games, Saturn, DC, etc.

Starks out.