AES game display ideas?

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Looking for collection display ideas. Was wondering if anyone has a good solution for displaying AES games? I want to display my games with the front artwork on the case being clearly visible. I tried just putting them front facing on the shelf but they tip over so easily and I dont want to damage my games. Need a good way to have them securely in place while being fully front facing.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
you can look up shadow boxes. The carts are just under 2” deep, and will fit most shadow boxes. At roughly 8.5”x7”, you should be able to go 6 across a 48” wide shadow box.

alternatively, you can buy some 2x4s and a make a shelf that would be super easy to mount against a wall. Make sure you just use a stain on the wood and not some special gloss finish that could stick to the cart cases or corrode.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
take the games out of them to reduce the weight and place on the shelf. You could make a little bracket for them as well.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
You could get some ideas in the Collections thread. Lots of pictures of how people have displayed their AES games. I have mine displayed at an angle so you can still see the spine, but also the front of the case. I do this because the vast majority of my AES collection are Japanese games. While I'm familiar with the spines of each game, folks that come over can't read Japanese so this way they can also see the cover with the full logo and art. More function over form, but it looks good as well. :)

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
This thread is weird. Is this whole forum an injoke? Feels like I'm missing something. Would also like to know about some display ideas.
You can't post on neo-geo.com and not expect to get 🔥 it goes with the territory.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Some great ideas in here. Will check them out and decide what suits my space best.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
What do you expect him to do? Bury the fuckin’ carts when they’re not in use, like a real man or something?

The artwork is dope, it makes sense to want to see covers instead of just spines.

In thinking about this, I remembered the shelves at video rental stores back in the day. Those would be perfect. Wonder if this place might have something worth checking out:

Video Rental Supply Store

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Maybe you could find those old comic book spinning displays?