AES button not responding

kaicer

Crazed MVS Addict
Hi guys My AES the C button is not responding I check the controller and is working fine I use the test of the unibios and is not activating. I check the board, the controller port and the solders look fine no cold solder. I trace it but only to what is looks like a resistor array. Every other button on both ports works fine just that C button on player one is giving problems.

Last edited:

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Hey there kaicer, I would open the stick up and using a soldering iron, heat the pad for the C button again. Gotta make sure everything is getting good contact. I personally recommend modding the AES stick with 24mm snap in Sanwa or Seimitsu buttons, as you'll have a much better feel with the buttons. If it's a controller pad, I would open the controller up and check the rubber padding, and the contacts on the board. Clean the padding and the contacts with isopropyl alcohol, then reassemble the controller. Hope this helps.

Apocalypse

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I think he narrowed the problem to the console board as he said that only C button on player one is faulty. I guess he has tried the controller on both ports.

kaicer

Crazed MVS Addict
Yes I have tried multiple joysticks and on all of them the c button dont register. I remember that in mvs there are a few things that can be check for problems like that ending in a Neo-C1 chip. But I'm not familiar with AES I trace the 12 pin from the port to a network array from that point I dont know where to go. I dont know if that array goes bad and give that problem or it goes to a chip on the board where the problem can be addressed.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Just to make sure it isn't the ports though, I'd remove the old solder on the controller ports and I'd give it some fresh solder and make sure you have no cold joints. It can't hurt, I mean this hardware won't get any newer. Considered doing this to my MV-1F just to be safe.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Most likely the resistor array. Happens quite often. Shoot me a pm if you need a replacement.

kaicer

Crazed MVS Addict
Thanks Xian I solve the problem it was the piece before the array for some kind of reason it gives me continuity but apparently wasn't enough, I put some blob of solder on the pads so it goes thru and start register the button. The piece was the BF11 that looks like a jumper with ferrite.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Thanks Xian I solve the problem it was the piece before the array for some kind of reason it gives me continuity but apparently wasn't enough, I put some blob of solder on the pads so it goes thru and start register the button. The piece was the BF11 that looks like a jumper with ferrite.

I've had that happen only once where it was the ferrite bead itself. Took me a while to figure it out as well. Good job.