Add "No Sales Threads Allowed" to General Discussion descriptor

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
There are so many Neo Geo groups on FB, no one needs eBay and eBay fees in these days.
It’s funny how the "holy market" is restricted to everyone. I’m a member for one year now and I can’t even see it. And I really don’t give a fuck about it.
Only my two cents

Salut
Alex

Duuude. You are missing out then! The marketplace here is teeming with deals, rarities, protos, and one-of-a-kind pieces. If you can meet the seller somewhere neutral, say, an airport you will be sure to get Big Tymer level stuff.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
There are so many Neo Geo groups on FB, no one needs eBay and eBay fees in these days.
It’s funny how the "holy market" is restricted to everyone. I’m a member for one year now and I can’t even see it. And I really don’t give a fuck about it.
Only my two cents

Salut
Alex

You're talking a lot of sense, new guy. Probably not going to fit in around here.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Y'all still mad or nah?

I just looked at that thread. Man you've been here for a long time so I don't know what was going thru your head when you said that but you should have just owned up to it being a stupid thing to say instead of doubling down on it.

I don't think you're a bad person but you know how these forums are when it comes to bullshit statements. Just keep yourself honest when posting here because trying to make a point when you really know it's wrong is just asking to be alienated around here.

I don't think I'll say much else on the subject but I lost some of the respect I had for you with that comment.

Also I don't see much of a difference between here and FB groups seeing as it's people posting bullshit about the Neo. The only real difference here compared to a FB group for the most part you can shill your bootleg wares to unsuspecting people who have no idea how to really identify if what they're buying is real or fake.

On here more often then not, High Dollar games need screenshots before people are willing to spend that much cash. Keep in mind I'm sure it's similar on FB groups too but over there you have a much higher chance of getting fucked over then you do on these forums. I sold off my collection years ago before all this fake bullshit happened so I've moved on.

I really should buy a NeoSD and just stick with that.

Last edited:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Y'all still mad or nah?
I just looked at that thread. Man you've been here for a long time so I don't know what was going thru your head when you said that but you should have just owned up to it being a stupid thing to say instead of doubling down on it.

All you have to do is look at his post history. It says a lot. After he was called out in that thread and instead of providing any factual evidence or having a pair of balls to say he was wrong. He went on a 21 day hiatus from the forums. There is no holiday excuse for it with his track record. Especially for someone that is usually a daily poster and it shows very consistently over the last year.

He is the one that is actually mad and its fucking pathetic.

*awaiting bullshit defense and typical deflection*

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
The window of opportunity for flipping closed about 5 years ago, but keep telling yourself that.

Are you still trying to flip 1up cabs on ebay, or has that market dried up and you've come back looking for noobs to rip off? Ya know, Nicky, that type of behavior is generally frowned upon.

Or maybe that Youtube video from RetroTech threw enough of a spotlight on how much of a fucking piece of shit you are that you're desperately trying to get non-members into the market.

He went on a 21 day hiatus from the forums.

LOLOLOLOL

That was when he said he wouldn't come back unless I was banned. :lolz:

The lure of TEH FLIPZ is too strong for him.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Or maybe that Youtube video from RetroTech threw enough of a spotlight on how much of a fucking piece of shit you are that you're desperately trying to get non-members into the market.

I'm curious about this video and Wyo, if you're really doing this shit, you've been walking into Dion's territory with this kind of attitude....

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Everyone crying for the marketplace will be the one's complaining when their overpriced stuff gets shit on. At least that normally happens.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Everyone crying for the marketplace will be the one's complaining when their overpriced stuff gets shit on. At least that normally happens.

Perhaps we can allow 20 packs of n95 masks for $500 on there as well. :lolz:

Snappy

n00b
As a genuine new member (I tried to sign up in December but was getting auto-rejected probably because I just happened to be on a work proxy at the time).. the restricted access to the marketplace stinks. I plan on contributing to the community over time. I am not a scammer, not a flipper, just a dude newly enthusiastic about MVS that has money to burn but refuses to get raped by the typical Ebay prices. I have joined all the prominent FB marketplace Neo Geo groups and have gathered a few carts there but the pickings aren't all that great.. unless you are looking for mostly common carts.. in which case there is a crap ton coming from Mexico.

Anyways, it's a shame that new members like me get lumped in with the knuckleheads that have done dumb crap in the past. To be fair, I also get that the mods here have no way of knowing if anything I am saying is true.. *shrug*.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
the restricted access to the marketplace stinks. I plan on contributing to the community over time.

I feel like if you join thinking of the marketplace day one you already lost. I joined because I genuinely like the place and I never ever thought of using the marketplace here... I bet I could go there and post a want to buy thread right now but eh.

Just save yourself the trouble and go to ebay. The bro deals go only for... bros? It's like showing up out of nowhere in a bar and expecting to be treated the same as the patron of 30 years.

Snappy

n00b
I feel like if you join thinking of the marketplace day one you already lost. I joined because I genuinely like the place and I never ever thought of using the marketplace here... I bet I could go there and post a want to buy thread right now but eh.

Just save yourself the trouble and go to ebay. The bro deals go only for... bros? It's like showing up out of nowhere in a bar and expecting to be treated the same as the patron of 30 years.

I initially wanted to join back in December solely because I was interested in learning all about Neo Geo and wanted to be part of the community.. I didn't even know there was a marketplace. But yeah, I get it, becoming a bro takes years of posts and earning trust. I've been patient on the eBay but I am picky and am looking for authentic carts with good condition US labels for not rape prices so the going is very slow for some of the rarer titles. I digress. Just wanted to add my 2 cents.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
You'll soon realise that most of us come here to learn about each other. Neo Geo is just a thing we used to play.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Yes. Just restrict problem members on an individual basis.

This is a bad idea. Like 90% of newbies at this point are problems right from the get go. They only care about flipping shit and never obey the market rules. Furthermore they fucking create drama when the marketplace should be strictly buisness with people not looking to rip off others and be fair.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
It's a conundrum....

Unsure it can be solved but hell... the amount of emails I get for market access is pretty much incessant...

Luckily... I have an inbuilt ignore function...

xROTx

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
It's a conundrum....

Unsure it can be solved but hell... the amount of emails I get for market access is pretty much incessant...

Luckily... I have an inbuilt ignore function...

xROTx

You are ok!!

Welcome back, pal! ^_^

I *almost* resorted to sending yuo PM too...