Actually found some decent playstation stuff in the wild.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Went to 50 houses at a neighborhood and only made one purchase.

Somehow, I got 2-3 streets over from where all the action was (I was on foot as my partner took the car to go to check a sale a few miles away).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-M3JjL_ETBT4YIVJNTYkBNSDXNv9jics/view?usp=sharing

Paid $20 for the PS1 stuff shown (plus a working system and a bunch of random av cables (Nintendo, HDMI, etc) and $35 for the Gameboy/Wii stuff

Usually, I only find good stuff for Nintendo/Sega systems (as the more valuable games were often the best selling ones).
99% of all XBOX/PlayStation stuff in the wild is trash (as the more valuable games were niche).

Last edited:

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
They're decent finds and all, but why didn't you use the finds thread?

Edit: here

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
These finds are definitely worthy of their own thread!

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I didn't know there was a finds thread. Thanks.

But I was trying to get a picking discussion going. I don't know if that thread is the right venue for it.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I can't see google right now but tell me one thing

Is Ghost in the Shell and Project Horned Owl part of your haul

those are two PS1 games i always wanted but never got

Boy howdy I sure wouldn't mind playing Elemental Gearbolt or Jumping Jack Flash right about now

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
I'd have bought whatever they wanted me to if they threw in that sotn.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yeah, I was just poking around and saw the Playstation with some games for $25. I wasn't that interested (since wild playstations run a defect rate of about 1/4 even if the seller says it "works"). Then I looked at the games. Sold.

I've had better overall hauls, just not in playstation/xbox stuff. Last summer, my GF was at a sale where the games were $1 and consoles were $20. all the shit was in the garage and people were clawing over eachother as he brought it out. she came home with a ton of AAA Nintendo stuff. she didn't get the gold Oot though. If I had went, I would have done even better.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Yeah, I was just poking around and saw the Playstation with some games for $25. I wasn't that interested (since wild playstations run a defect rate of about 1/4 even if the seller says it "works"). Then I looked at the games. Sold.

I've had better overall hauls, just not in playstation/xbox stuff. Last summer, my GF was at a sale where the games were $1 and consoles were $20. all the shit was in the garage and people were clawing over eachother as he brought it out. she came home with a ton of AAA Nintendo stuff. she didn't get the gold Oot though. If I had went, I would have done even better.

But you just end up flipping the stuff though don't you?

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I didn't know there was a finds thread. Thanks.

But I was trying to get a picking discussion going. I don't know if that thread is the right venue for it.

That "Recent Purchases..." thread is probably the best place for it, but regardless if you put it there or make a new thread, no one wants long-winded, old school Tanooki-esque essays on how you beat the seller up to lower the price, but neither of you had change, so you went to the car to look, but there wasn't anything there, so you went to buy some cheap food nearby to make change, but the cashier didn't have change either, so you just left the food there like a dick, but you went to the gas station next door, so they made you change, but then when you went back to the buyer, they had already sold it.

Such shite will end up as War Room material quickly.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
That "Recent Purchases..." thread is probably the best place for it, but regardless if you put it there or make a new thread, no one wants long-winded, old school Tanooki-esque essays on how you beat the seller up to lower the price, but neither of you had change, so you went to the car to look, but there wasn't anything there, so you went to buy some cheap food nearby to make change, but the cashier didn't have change either, so you just left the food there like a dick, but you went to the gas station next door, so they made you change, but then when you went back to the buyer, they had already sold it.

Such shite will end up as War Room material quickly.

LOL

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
That isn't the word I'd use. I hate that word.

But that's what you do right? When you talk about the records you pick up you make it pretty well known that you are going to sell them for whatever market is.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
But that's what you do right? When you talk about the records you pick up you make it pretty well known that you are going to sell them for whatever market is.

That is all he ever talks about in that thread.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The word "Flip" denies the amount of hard work and sacrifice I put in.

I use the word Hump. I plan an itinerary. I get up early. I pack the kids (or if my partner is going somewhere else, I pack one kid). I go out and hustle all over the place. I talk to people. I listen to the sob stories of widows. I make bottles and change diapers. I nod as people tell me things that are flatly untrue. Then I take the shit home, sort it, clean it, sort it, price it, store it. And that is just the process of obtaining the stuff. Selling requires me to advertise, load the trucks/trailers/cars, unload, arrange it and deal with people all day. Then I have to box up the leftovers, load up, drive home and unload it again.
So if that is what flipping is, then yeah.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

I use the word Hump. I plan an itinerary. I get up early. I pack the kids (or if my partner is going somewhere else, I pack one kid). I go out and hustle all over the place. I talk to people. I listen to the sob stories of widows. I make bottles and change diapers. I nod as people tell me things that are flatly untrue. Then I take the shit home, sort it, clean it, sort it, price it, store it. And that is just the process of obtaining the stuff. Selling requires me to advertise, load the trucks/trailers/cars, unload, arrange it and deal with people all day. Then I have to box up the leftovers, load up, drive home and unload it again.

Flipping - Outside of real estate and cars, all consumer products can be flipped. Product flipping entails buying products at a low price and selling it at a higher price for profit. Products can be new or used items. Many times, product flippers buy products at dollar stores, thrift stores, garage sales and estate auctions and resell them at a higher price on online marketplaces or locally.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I could talk records all day. Pressings, quality, players, technology, releases, etc. But the discussion in that thread is mostly "this is what I bought" or "this is what is coming out".

Also, if you look at my last 4-5 posts in that thread, the majority of them are "great album".

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

lol wut?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Flipping - Outside of real estate and cars, all consumer products can be flipped. Product flipping entails buying products at a low price and selling it at a higher price for profit. Products can be new or used items. Many times, product flippers buy products at dollar stores, thrift stores, garage sales and estate auctions and resell them at a higher price on online marketplaces or locally.

That makes it sound easy.

But that is what some of the dealers at record shows do. They show during setup at the show and go though all of my well sorted,bagged, priced and often play-tested records make me an offer. Then they take it back to their tables and take the sticker off and put it in thier bins hoping to get substantially more.

All I can tell you is that what I do isn't easy. Not when you buy 20,000 records at once and have to sort them, clean 4000 of them and disposte of another 16,000 of them. I scoff at the word "Flip"

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I could talk records all day. Pressings, quality, players, technology, releases, etc. But the discussion in that thread is mostly "this is what I bought" or "this is what is coming out".

Feel free to post about pressing, quality and whatnot then. Nobody is forcing you to announce your most recent flippings in that thread.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If you go back and look at my last 2 years of posts in that thread, very few are about selling records. Although I do sometimes mention what the market holds.

Yes, I did mention that the lost boys soundtrack sells as soon as I get it. Such a statement is to back up my comment about how great an album it is, and how popular it is.

And that the TOTO IV album has exploded in price for reasons that I can't quite explain.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
If you go back and look at my last 2 years of posts in that thread, very few are about selling records. Although I do sometimes mention what the market holds.

Yes, I did mention that the lost boys soundtrack sells as soon as I get it. Such a statement is to back up my comment about how great an album it is, and how popular it is.

And that the TOTO IV album has exploded in price for reasons that I can't quite explain.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?274759-Not-gonna-shit-up-the-purchases-thread-with-this