A QUICK vBulletin Crash Course.....

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
The Status.....

The Everything Else Forums seems to have croaked in the move. Not much we can do as the process from start to finish took about 36 hours (it is actually still going on right now, with the search index being built as we speak, along with the clean up of all temp files created in the move). It might be moved later, have to get hacking again in the next couple days.

Also, PMs were not moved, which is odd. To rectify this, we'll be leaving UBB open, but to be used 'read only.' We have not yet decided what will happen with UBB, but it will still be around for at least a week. It will either just be closed, or open as a read only archive.

Avatars are selectable, or you can upload your own from the 'User CP' -> 'Edit Options'

From this same panel, you can set your time zone as well, and also disable Signatures from appearing, and avatars as well, when you are reading the forums.

The site is very rough right now, and more changes are coming, at first mostly cosmetic, and then later some hacks will return, with Country Flags hopefully being one of the first.

As you can tell, post counts have been reduced on many users, this is because VB is counting the actual number of existing posts in the system for a user, rather than just doing '+1' each time. The War room took a huge dent out of the post count of many people.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
I think you should use some blue in the forums. It looks kinda fruity imo.

Hildegarn326

Benimaru's Hairdresser
This new look is great, but now I can't find my I love Lucy black and white dvd thread!

Shawn

snkusa.com
Master Giby said:
I think you should use some blue in the forums. It looks kinda fruity imo.

Many of the colors you see are default colors for VB. We will adjust them soon. Work in progress, but for now it seems we can operate just fine with what we have so far. Your suggestions are welcome, many are expected. :)

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Shawn said:
Many of the colors you see are default colors for VB. We will adjust them soon. Work in progress, but for now it seems we can operate just fine with what we have so far. Your suggestions are welcome, many are expected. :)

Looks good so far, keep that good work up :) !

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Everyone lost all of their war room post counts, I love it. I can't wait to hear people complain "Where did all of my post counts go:mad:"

MM, where's the spell check feature that you talked about?

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Very nice and fresh start. I like it :)

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
nice forums guys!

only 20 of my posts disappeared.

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
curious, has there always been 60sec wait between posts? i thought it was only in PMs..

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
aw crap, it seems that the new software thinks every image link that was on the old boards should be replaced with an HTML link instead of VBCode.

my Japanese idol thread has been butchered. :(

I lost 800 posts, hahahaha

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
so do we get free cake and icecream along with the forum change?

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
woooooo, had to do some sig fixing.

edt: damn, I lost 700 or so posts. I kinda doubt half my posts were in the warroom. SPAMTASTIC!!!!1

Rasputin's Rose Gardener :( :crying:

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Make sure to unsuscribe yourself from the threads,
or your e-mail will be bombarded with reply messages.

Anyway to permanently unsuscribe from threads?