8-Pin Connecter on newer Neogeo 1 slot models

SmokeYa

Crossed Swords Squire
Anyone know what the small 8-pin connecter is for on the newer model 1-slot mvs neogeo boards (such as the MV-1B and MV-1C)?

Mike

Giga Shock!!
Smokeya, I have the 1B and I have no idea also what the heck that thing is for. I am having the hardest time figuring out how to get the dip switches to work on it also. Have you figured it out?

SmokeYa

Crossed Swords Squire
Well I know what a few of the DIPs are for:

1: Test mode (config screen)
2: Not used
3: Controller?
4: Communication?
5: Communication?
6: Communication?
7: Free play (no quarters required)
8: Stop mode (pause)?

SmokeYa

Crossed Swords Squire
Has anyone figured out what the small 8-pin connecter is for on the newer model 1-slot mvs neogeo boards (such as the MV-1B and MV-1C)? Is it for speakers? Memory card?

Jeff do you know?

------------------
SmokeYa

kof99_maifingerending.gif

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
Sorry, never looked at it. It should be in the manual as to what it is. Is it the hookup (on the 1B) for the trackball?

Jeff

SmokeYa

Crossed Swords Squire
I have the MV-1B manual, but it does not mention the 8 pin connector.

I guess it could be a hookup for the trackball.

------------------
SmokeYa

kof99_maifingerending.gif

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
Thread from the dead. I always wanted to know what the 8 pin connector is for, is it really for the trackball?

MKL

Giga Shock!!
The connector on the MV1C is the same as that on the MV1B. It can be used to connect the trackball interface (there's a thread about that stickied here) or the Kizuna 4P interface.

That would be great if there was an expansion for the memory card like one of the earlier posters suggested, but there isn't.