4-slot MVS with unreliable slots

iammike

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I've been out of the game for far too long due to a number of moves and my cab (MVS-U4) being stuck in storage.

It's out, I'm settled, and I want it running perfectly.

My first slot rarely boots a cart and the slightest of jostles to the cab will freeze her up. I'd wager all my slots are a bit loose. Maybe dirty? They look clean.

I have a newborn and am therefore not looking to take on a major project (swapping out slots of something like that).

Is there any easy fix? Electric cleaner and swabs?
Is there someone out there who I can send it to and receive back in perfect condition?
Smarter to just buy something on eBay claiming to work well?

Thanks!

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I've been out of the game for far too long due to a number of moves and my cab (MVS-U4) being stuck in storage.

It's out, I'm settled, and I want it running perfectly.

My first slot rarely boots a cart and the slightest of jostles to the cab will freeze her up. I'd wager all my slots are a bit loose. Maybe dirty? They look clean.

I have a newborn and am therefore not looking to take on a major project (swapping out slots of something like that).

Is there any easy fix? Electric cleaner and swabs?
Is there someone out there who I can send it to and receive back in perfect condition?
Smarter to just buy something on eBay claiming to work well?

Thanks!

Credit card, t shirt, and high percentage alcohol can help clean out carts. The higher percentage alcohol, the better.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Credit card, t shirt, and high percentage alcohol can help clean out carts. The higher percentage alcohol, the better.

This. I’m sure the cart slot and your cart pins need cleaned with isopropyl alcohol. I always go with 90% or higher, whatever the highest is that you can find.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Just like everyone else said. Clean the crap out of those slots with rubbing alcohol. 90% is great. I use an old toothbrush, and an old t-shirt and a credit card.... Plus elbow grease.