3-31-19 Weekly Round up April Fools Edition!

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Busy week this week.

RetroPi
DJ Boy - Played this in HS on the Genesis, but never played the arcade version until now. It's pretty good.

Vendetta - Nice beat em sequel to Crime Fighters I think. I like the jiggly booby dominatrix chick with the whip and the ex con player character you can select. Still doesn't top the wrestler who is a rip off of Hogan.

3DS
Dragon Quest VIII - Played at the 40 hour mark and will call it good. Got bored. I've beaten it several times already.

Switch
Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition - Have this on 360. It has some memorable characters and a good story, but I can't say I care much for the battle system. Then again, I wasn't much for Tales games to begin with. This is the only one I can stomach.

Last edited:

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
PS4

Rise of Tomb Raider: This one surprised me, I haven't played any TR for a long time, this one is really good.

Sekiro: Getting owned

Yakuza 0

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
PS4: Fighting EX Layer.

Terry and Darun on a rampage. Expected it to be easier to get a match...where is everyone?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
PS3

3D Dot Game Heroes - Beat the aqua temple and I'm running some side missions before taking on the next one. Fantastic game.

LittleBigPlanet - going through the campaign with the gf. Makes me want to get the PS4 version.

PS1

Legend of Dragoon - beat disc three this week and my disc four has issues. It won't load any random battles at all and freezes, both on my PSX and PS2. Had to buy another disc 4 to finish this, as it's very enjoyable and has a lot of charm to it.

GBA
Mother 3 - started Chapter 4 this week.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Switch
Tetris 99
Timberman vs

PS4
Money Idol Exchanger
Wonderboy Returns
Kof 2001

Xbox
KOF Neowave

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Switch

Tetris 99 - sixth place is the highest I've gotten. Really enjoy this game.

3DS

Pokemon Shuffle

GB

Tetris

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
With people talking about Streets of Rage 4, I decided to finally try Bare Knuckle 3, since I always heard it was better than US SOR3 which I hated. Well, Bare Knuckle 3 is a little better but it's still gutter trash. It actually plays well and I like the run mechanic, but pretty much everything else in the game is fucking retarded. Fighting against Shiva might have been the only time in the game when I was actually having fun.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Switch

Tetris 99 - sixth place is the highest I've gotten. Really enjoy this game.

Me too, I've listed other games, but that is by far my main go to since it came out. I did get one #1 and I think seems even harder, one all clear.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
@GregN: Is that black woman boss in DJ Boy still censored? And, dammit, Greg, this thread is supposed to be titled April Fools' Edition!

@ggallegos1: Man, that sucks you had to buy another 4th disc!

Nintendo 2DS
- Mario Kart 7
Got a couple of StreetPass hits for this again (apparently the secret to getting more of those is posting a thread about them on this forum?), so, I raced the guy and gal's time attack and cup data. Messed around doing time trials of my own for a while too.
- Nintendo Badge Arcade
1,536 badges. I just got a bigger sculpture in the atrium for hitting 1,500--blah.
- Pokemon Picross
57 Pokemon caught. I bought entry into the 9th area on Sunday and caught all of the Pokemon, except for the mega-evolved one, before the day was done, so, I'm saving up for the $130 10th area now. I also advanced enough that the professor upped the amount of $$$ I get from training too, which is good, but, the prices to unlock things just keep climbing higher as well, so, I'm not really getting anywhere in that regard.
- Pokemon Rumble World
75th rank with 672 Pokemon caught (only 47 of those little bastards left to go). I've caught almost everything in my newest $160 balloon (just 2 left I think) and I'm about 1/3 of the way to saving up $140 for the next balloon I want to buy.
- Pokemon Shuffle
21st rank, 365 stages cleared, 624 Pokemon caught.
- Resident Evil: Revelations
Made a lot of progress and I think I'm almost at the end of the game (10th chapter of the Campaign mode). Not a fan of the underwater swimming sections and the game repeats environments/locations too often (Capcom has really over-used the infested ocean liner scenario for this franchise--some bigwig at the company must really love that premise). Also raised my experience level to 17 in Raid mode and got some pretty spiffy weapons. I should pick up Resident Evil: Mercenaries one of these days too.
- Slot Car Rivals (Mii Plaza)
Got another StreetPass hit for this as well, but, I lost the race against that guy. Well, at least I got another Metroid: Other M puzzle piece from him too.
- Swapdoodle

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
GBA:
Wade Hixton's Counter Punch- Beat the final boss after 37(!) tries. It is a decent Punch out clone but I didn't love the characters/art style
Medabots: Medabee Version

DS:
Phoenix Wright Justice For All

Switch:
Legend of Zelda Breath of Wild- This one has taken up virtually all my gaming time this week. This is my first time playing a game like this and I'm not sure I'm doing it right but the world is keeping me interested. I am dying a lot- this game is either hard or I am really bad at it. I've been kinda confused about what to do next at some points and I haven't looked anything up except one part right at the beginning- hopefully it'll all work out in the end.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
PC:

Risk of Rain 2: Basically just a 3D version of the 1st game but the online multiplayer works. Having a lot of fun with this.

Imperator Rome: Coming April 25th. My hype meter is full thinking about this one.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
PC:

Risk of Rain 2: Basically just a 3D version of the 1st game but the online multiplayer works. Having a lot of fun with this.

Imperator Rome: Coming April 25th. My hype meter is full thinking about this one.

I wish we could play KoF 2002 one more time. Hope all is well, man!

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I wish we could play KoF 2002 one more time. Hope all is well, man!

THOSE WERE THE DAYS. Man... when Virtua Fighter games were all the rage and King of Fighters 2002 was out. Good times!

Everything is well - not playing nearly as many games now that I have a 5 year old. Hope you're playing many games.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Cangrats man! Kiddos are great, have a 9 year old & 10 year old now myself.

I sneak a few rounds of Fighting EX Layer in here and there during the week, after everybody has hit the sack-and the kids and I play cabs in the garage on the weekends sometimes...

But, I spend way more time and money on family stuff than games anymore. Everything has its season.

Here’s hoping for a new VF w/ good netcode before our hands turn arthritic, lol.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
@GregN: Is that black woman boss in DJ Boy still censored? And, dammit, Greg, this thread is supposed to be titled April Fools' Edition!

@

Ain't Jo' Mumma is not censored. She farts up a storm! First boss, right? It has the gay guys too!

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
MVS:

KOF '95 & '96

Genesis:

Phantasy Star II
GAIARES
Castle of Illusion

PSX:

Street Fighter EX Plus @

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Me too, I've listed other games, but that is by far my main go to since it came out. I did get one #1 and I think seems even harder, one all clear.

Got #1 spot for the first time yesterday! Didn't know, but should have guessed, that you get bonus drops for 'All Clear'. I'll have to work on that next.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Got #1 spot for the first time yesterday! Didn't know, but should have guessed, that you get bonus drops for 'All Clear'. I'll have to work on that next.

Congrats Man! Yeah all clear is tough just because you're working with the pieces they give you. Also, I started playing with the music low/ off so that it doesn't distract me when I get to the top 10 and it changes.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
PC:
Sekiro - What a msterpiece of a game. I'm on NG+ right now going for a different ending

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
When did you find time for games :) lets play some of this at our mutual friends house sometime
Chalk it up to babysitting two evenings in a row last week, and cramming in SF EX between midnight and 1am a few days later. I look forward to some bouts of said game in the near future, particularly team battle mode. Of course I'm rusty though; first time actually revisiting it this whole decade lol