28 Weeks Later (Impressions, Hopes)

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Planning to see it tonight, if not, this weekend.

Reviews say the directing focuses less on style and more on gore.

Sounds like fun.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
My friend saw it Wednesday night. He said it had some wtf moments, but it was still awesome. His impression with the clips shown on FX got me a little excited about it.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I almost wrote this film off entirely, but it's getting some really solid reviews.

A lot of them make mention of the impressive and excessive gore.

Which is all I really need to hear to get my in a theater seat.

aria

Former Moderator
It comes out today? I'm interested --not sure I'll be able to see it this weekend though.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Color me surprised this is out too. I'll try to catch it this weekend if I have time.

aria

Former Moderator
Looks like the reviews can be summarized as "smart and very violent"

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Bobak said:
Looks like the reviews can be summarized as "smart and very violent"

I'm gonna give Paul and Mike jingle when I get home, find out if they're down for seeing this tonight at Southdale. If not, maybe tomorrow with delly and pink.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
The commercials just show fire spreading everywhere. It's for that reason that it looks gay and I won't be seeing it. Saw the first one and thought it was very boring "omfg zombies!" - actually I don't think I actually finished watching it, I stopped somewhere near when they got to that apartment with the Christmas lights on or a house out in the middle of nowhere, I forget.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
I hold no hope for this movie. No one from the original is involved. Its just greedy bastards treading on name value hoping to cash in.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I had a topic like this back in late April but it has dropped back many pages since then. :(

I want to like this movie but with no key players from the first being involved, I have a feeling it won't be that great.

aria

Former Moderator

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
I just got back from seeing it. I enjoyed it ALOT.
It does not have the same style as the first, but it definitely holds its own.
They do a little too much with that shaky cam crap (think Borne Supremacy). But it was not too obtrusive. Other than that I thought it was very good. A+

It is kinda sad knowing this movie is going to be overlooked due to the huge blockbusters on the horizon. I think it is way better then Spiderman 3. But I know it won't take in even a fraction of what that movie has made.

And for what it's worth Danny Boyle was an executive producer for this.

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
i thought it was good, but why the bloody hell did they end it the way they did?

another one maybe?

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Mr.Nemoperson said:
I just got back from seeing it. I enjoyed it ALOT.
It does not have the same style as the first, but it definitely holds its own.
They do a little too much with that shaky cam crap (think Borne Supremacy). But it was not too obtrusive. Other than that I thought it was very good. A+

It is kinda sad knowing this movie is going to be overlooked due to the huge blockbusters on the horizon. I think it is way better then Spiderman 3. But I know it won't take in even a fraction of what that movie has made.

And for what it's worth Danny Boyle was an executive producer for this.

This movie doesn't have a chance. Spider-man, Pirates and Shrek will make sure of that.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
It was OK, very nice cinematography, and a very intense score. Damn those brits have some fucked up teeth:lolz: .

The colors were pretty uniform throught out most of the movie, except for the intro, which was the best part of the movie.

Night of the Living Death (1990), and Dawn of The Dead (The remake) kick the shit out of this movie anyway.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Average Joe said:
This was a remake as well.
Well fucking duh! That's way I put the year on it. WHo in hell doesn't know this!:loco:

Seriously though, not trying to be offensive, just don't take me for a ride.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
electricgrave said:
Well fucking duh! That's way I put the year on it. WHo in hell doesn't know this!:loco:

Seriously though, not trying to be offensive, just don't take me for a ride.

It struck me as odd that you would put the year for Night then put "remake" instead of the year for Dawn... just a curious lack of continuity is all.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Average Joe said:
It struck me as odd that you would put the year for Night then put "remake" instead of the year for Dawn... just a curious lack of continuity is all.
The truth is that I didn't remember the year that DOTD was remade. 2002 isn't it?

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Saw it with a buddy. All I can say is I'm glad I paid the matinee price.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
I wasn't really thrilled when the 1st one came out, and im not again for this one. but many people are. Hope you guys enjoy it, for some reason it just never caught my attention.