RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
Don't understand the price on that Multi Cart. Why not buy the Regular NeoSd for the same price and get something better that plays all the neo games.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
It's like buying jewellery, seriously.

We could be playing multiple systems perfectly on a MiSTer, or use the cash to get a PS5 / Xbox Series X. Trust me when I say I ponder my choices too. 🥲

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
I'm being Serious. What kind of scam are you trying to pull? This isn't that kind of forum. You better do a better job at checking up prices before trying to scam members. Even shitbay sells this cart on the cheap.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
And there is nothing special about that Mutation Nation. Less common, please.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
And there is nothing special about that Mutation Nation. Less common, please.

He is firm on the price and been reposting it on facebook neo geo for life/bigger badder sales w/e iirc. Tried offering less to him on there but no dice. Looks to be in nice shape except the catridge label has yellowing/brown shit on the top of the label.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
Mutation Nation Japan Aes is $350-450 dollar game at best but whatever. That's my opinion but prices on Aes games are all over the place so that one doesn't bother me as much. The less common thing is a joke.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/393098042813?hash=item5b86781dbd:g:QB8AAOSwoa1gAqbw

He's trying to sell a used shit Multicart for almost triple the price of a new one. That's wrong.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
Mutation Nation Japan Aes is $350-450 dollar game at best but whatever. That's my opinion but prices on Aes games are all over the place so that one doesn't bother me as much. The less common thing is a joke.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/393098042813?hash=item5b86781dbd:g:QB8AAOSwoa1gAqbw

He's trying to sell a used shit Multicart for almost triple the price of a new one. That's wrong.
Its the david G hand built version. They, for better or worse, sell for more because theyre supposedly built better.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t know anyone cared if serial numbers matched on multicarts…it’s a pirate product, basically worthless junk, and you can’t trust documentation on pirate stuff. To me it’s amazing that people even make shock boxes for the things. Multi carts have their uses but they aren’t rare valuable collectibles. They don’t go up on value.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm being Serious. What kind of scam are you trying to pull? This isn't that kind of forum. You better do a better job at checking up prices before trying to scam members. Even shitbay sells this cart on the cheap.

I'm not implying that you aren't serious. I completely agree with your statement "Why not buy the Regular NeoSd for the same price and get something better that plays all the neo games."

The point I was making with "It's like buying jewellery, seriously. We could be playing multiple systems perfectly on a MiSTer, or use the cash to get a PS5 / Xbox Series X. Trust me when I say I ponder my choices too," is exactly that as collectors of AES carts, we place a value on form over function, when there are alternatives for the same thing yet we still choose AES carts over MVS, MVS over FPGA, FPGA over emulation, and so on. There's nothing wrong or right with that, it's just a choice we all individually make. It's not a criticism on you or what you feel, you are entitled to it.

What does piss me off is your baseless allegation of me pulling a scam. A scam occurs when there is misrepresentation. What am I misrepresenting here? Am I advertising something and delivering something else? The items in the photos are exactly the items the buyer will be receiving.

You next make the statement of me not checking up on prices and then subsequently compare it with an item different from the item you feel that I have overpriced for.
This is typical disingenuous misdirection. It's like showing an ad for a Toyota Altis to a Maserati salesman and telling him, "Hey, man, this car also gets me from point A to point B. You have overpriced your Quattroporte. What kind of scam are you pulling?"

And if you actually did your own research on pricing before spouting off, you'll see that Mutation Nation is not a "$350-450 dollar game at best" game.

Sold 2021.08.14 [699.99+20.00 USD].pngSold 2021.09.08 [649.99 +12.99 EUR] [734.49 + 14.68 USD].png
Sold 2021.11.03 [530.00 +20.00 EUR] [598.90 + 22.60 USD].png
The last one that got bidded up to $363.50 is beat-up, has its insert completely sliced off at the top.
Sold 2021.11.13 [363.50+0.00 USD] 01.png
Sold 2021.11.13 [363.50+0.00 USD] 02.png
And a current listing at $474.05 is by a seller who is known to not have the stock in hand, and fails on delivery.
console-game-japan Mutation Nation auction.pngconsole-game-japan feedback.png

On the less common build:
1. 1-9312 batch
2. Hotline: 06(339)0110
3. Address: 18-12
This is factually accurate. Again, you are entitled to your opinion on whether there is a premium for this, but that does not detract from the fact that it is less common. None of the above carts mentioned are of this build.

All said, I've wasted too much of my time on this post and I can't be arsed to respond any more. People who find there is value in what is on offer can PM me directly. If you don't, just close the thread and go do something with your life, I mean, we're all in our 40's and 50's, working professionals with children, duties and responsibilities, for fuck's sake.

I used to like this forum and I've found some measure of joy in contributing useful content and also gleaning interesting/useful information from other members, but it's tipped to the point where there's too many shitposts from absolute tools.
I actually liked Rot's necessary and hard moderation. I foresee this forum dying from too much unrelated crap. (Who's paying for and hosting the server now?)

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
All this txt was unneccessary but I'll reply. This will be my last.

I think the Mutation Nation is valued high, that's my opinion but I wasn't busting chops on your price. I never heard someone mention a Japan game was less common because of the serial number. That's a sales gimmick. Now I've heard of different revisions like for example SamSho V Special fixed and unfixed and the unfixed version costing more. Also U.S and Euro games costing more because they are less common. Condition was always a big factor to me.

I just did a quick search and found that game on ebay but I haven't used ebay for buying Aes games in years because I think they are way overpriced. When I was collecting Aes games I used Forums, Japan Online Shops, Yaj Bulk Buys because it was much cheaper. You still get guys on here who sell Aes games for way under what they go for on Ebay. You're not one of them but it's your right to sell a Aes game for what you want to sell it for even if a bunch of long time members here are looking at this sale's post and rolling their eyes.

The thing that urked me was you selling a bootleg banana cart for the price of legit well known flash cart that plays every game on the Neo. I would also like to add that I didn't know it was the DavidG version. All I saw was a shock box and assumed it was a regular 161-1 multicart. Still DavidG or not, it's still a shit overpriced banana multicart. The Mvs version is like $70. The Aes version is $125. So because DavidG fixed a few things on it, that makes it a extra $300. Not counting shipping.

I've stayed away from busting balls on the market for a long time. Rot wanted guys to stop so we backed off. I don't usually do it unless I see something that really stands out and this one stood out to me. We still comment here all the time on auction prices and have a dedicated thread for it.

Please spare me the we're all in our 40's and 50's working professionals with children nonsense. What does that have to do with coming on this forum and ripping members off? You're a 2001 member. I figured by now that you know how things work here.

Last edited:

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Selling multicarts as a collectibles isn’t a thing…yet. Noobs will buy anything, many don’t even know the difference between real and fake as a concept let alone in specific cases. This guy clearly wants to be on the cutting edge of an emerging scene. Maybe he’ll sell the first $500 multicart…maybe he’ll resell it again years later for $5000. Basically any stupid thing can happen with games now…but thinking the people here want a multicart at a premium price probably isn’t correct. Charging more for a multicart than a NeoSD is…any buyer is a moron, I’ll say that.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
The NeoStore was selling a massively overpriced pirate cart last time I checked. So even Shawn's in on it.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Not really a good showing for mutation nation. Most of them are buy it nows or best offers. And ironically I've seen a lot of the same buy it nows get relisted.

Also pro tip best offers completed price isn't what it actually sold for. So yet another example of ebay being gay and inflating shit.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, we blew our chances because of what assholes we are…AGAIN! FUCK!

I was just trying to talk him down to $285 on that multi cart. It was going to complete my DavidG collection which would be perfect priceless and without controversy and then I would be complete but I had to go and open my mouth and…now it’s never going to happen.

Last edited:

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Funny how they always come with asking prices to compare but not actual sold prices.