161-in-1 Question

kythri

n00b
Greetings!

It's been a LOOOONG time since I've been on the site.

I just recently pulled my cabs out of storage a week ago, and just yesterday bought a second MVS 4-slot cab.

The new cab came with a few carts, including the 161.

Been browsing a bit, and was curious what the "hacked" games are - these are apparently the ones with a + on the on-screen menu? What about these are hacked, what's the difference between these and the legit games on the cart?

If I've overlooked a thread that details this, I apologize. I haven't found what I was looking for, so figured I'd post and ask.

Thanks!

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I think a lot of the fighting games have selectable boss characters and whatnot in the “PLUS” versions. Certainly someone can tune in with specifics.

I recently made the choice between the 120-in-1 versus the 161-in-1, I went with the 120.
I made these comparison lists based on the arcade otaku wiki, and realized there was just more exclusives I wanted to try on the 120.

120 HAS 161 DOESN'T

Ghost Pilots
Puzzled
Shock Troopers
Super Sidekicks
Twinkle Star Sprites
Nam-1975
* AeroFighters3 *
* Last Blade 2 *
* Mark of the Wolves *

those last three are reported as faulty on the 161

161 HAS 120 DOESN'T

2020 Super Baseball
Art of Fighting 2
Battle Flip Shot
Breakers
Breakers Revenge
Crossed Swords
Fatal Fury
King of the Monsters
Kizuna Encounter
Legend of Success Joe
Pleasure Goal
Puzzle de Pon! R
Samurai Shodown
Savage Reign
Sengoku
Master of Syougi
Soccer Brawl
Stakes Winner 2
Stakes Winner
Super Dodgeball
King of Fighters 2003
Last Blade
Viewpoint
World Heroes
World Heroes 2

kythri

n00b
Is that mainly it, selectable boss characters?

Is there a thread that specifically details the differences, or did I not dig deep enough in the breakdown thread?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member

Is there a thread that specifically details the differences, or did I not dig deep enough in the breakdown thread?

SVC Chaos actually fixes hit detection and unlocks the bosses, so its superior (IMO) to the original version.

But mainly its unlocked bosses, different palettes, nothing groundbreaking. I havent delved deep enough into the plus games too much to note the differences admittedly

blotter12

Kabuki Klasher

One of the kof boots changes sprites on the female characters to be nude when they do certain moves.

One of the MS boots gives you the thunder cloud the whole time.

the Shock troopers 2 boot basically reorders the levels...

It's little things like that. Most of these aren't worth the time.

jon713

Camel Slug
Do any of ya have jumbled graphics while playing Blazing Star? I've used this multi cart on a 4 slot and single slot. Also get this with last resort and prehistoric isle as well.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
What’s the voltage in your cab dialed at?