161 in 1 freezing up on selecting a game. But was working fine at first

Good day everyone

Last week I purchased and Neo Geo MVS 4 slot, this is my first arcade cabinet that I have ever bought. At the time of purchase it included five original games plus a 161 in one cartridge. The 161 in 1 cartridge worked fine for a few days and then decided to start freezing up on selecting a game. I've been looking around online and on the forms but I can't seem to find any information or if anyone else having this exact same problem.

This cabinets is pretty original I don't think anything has been changed on the motherboard itself. Neither the bios or the back up battery seems to have been changed or replaced. I found an original date of 1992 inside the cabinet

Just to recap
161 and one was working fine for the first few days.
Then decided to freeze up on selecting a game. Cabinet works fine with original games.

Could the cartridge have gone bad, should I upgrade the bios, is there anything I should be doing

Thanks

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Good day everyone

Last week I purchased and Neo Geo MVS 4 slot, this is my first arcade cabinet that I have ever bought. At the time of purchase it included five original games plus a 161 in one cartridge. The 161 in 1 cartridge worked fine for a few days and then decided to start freezing up on selecting a game. I've been looking around online and on the forms but I can't seem to find any information or if anyone else having this exact same problem.

This cabinets is pretty original I don't think anything has been changed on the motherboard itself. Neither the bios or the back up battery seems to have been changed or replaced. I found an original date of 1992 inside the cabinet

Just to recap
161 and one was working fine for the first few days.
Then decided to freeze up on selecting a game. Cabinet works fine with original games.

Could the cartridge have gone bad, should I upgrade the bios, is there anything I should be doing

Thanks

It could be what slot it's in, or what other games are in the other slots. I don't have a 4 slot, but these are common things people mention in the 161 in 1 sticky thread in this section.

red impact

Crossed Swords Squire
The 161-in-1 cart I had came with instructions saying no other carts to be inserted on 2 and 4 slot boards...

Again I just find it weird how the cart was working fine for a few days and the previous owner didn't have any problems, and then two days later the cart doesn't want to work

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Could be dirty connections on the cart PCB edges, bad solder point on one of the chips, low 5v level, or the 161 in 1 PCB sides need shaving down (as they are normally too wide for the slots). Could also be something has failed on the cart.

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
For that cart to work on my 4slot:

- all other slots MUST be empty
- And keep in mind this cart requires a good psu, since it requires more juice

Hope it helps