15" Laptop Recos for MS Office, TurboTax, and Web Browsing

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
OK, guys...Here are the two finalists. Can someone tell me if I should pay the extra money for Sylvie's Thinkpad when my dad just needs to do MS Office, Turbotax, web browsing, Solitaire, and the YouTube?

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
The only laptop I ever had a major fucking problem with were the two Asus laptops that I bought. It is truly a fucking piece of shit, and there was issues with the second laptop that were totally because Asus did a shitty job building their product. The first one was to be expected, it actually wasnt really that bad, but it felt super cheap. It was a "netbook" if you remember that weird fad. 2nd one was a Zenbook that turned out to be terminally fucked up and they never released a firmware update to fix it -- built in video card would crash my computer or my chrome session randomly, something like that. The speakers were also completely useless they were so quiet. Touchpad was garbage. It was a competing model when the HP Spectre was big

I've never been happy with the way Asus products felt, they just have inconsistent designs that are often really cheap or ineffective, like they are constantly trying to figure out what isn't a shitty design

I've been using laptops since I was a child, a ThinkPad was my very first one, it was some 1997 model. On average, ALL of my laptops have lasted me at least 5 years, and that's considering like, being a child for some of those laptops. Now I have multiple laptops. My 2nd one was a Dell Inspiron 6000 (?) back in like 2003 or something, got another Dell after that one ate shit, lasted a super long time, was still technically fine by the time I threw it away.

ThinkPads are the best designed PC laptops I've ever used though, I guess it makes sense that you're buying a brand new one for your dad because it trashy to buy used shit for someone, but you can get a ThinkPad that does the job for much less if you wanted to go that route

ThinkPads are definitely worth the extra money, there's a good chance it will actually outlast the Asus, which will very likely shit out way too early, or be defective