Search results

1. C

[Blazing Star] Stage Select and minor tweaks

Enabling the Stage Select code was too much hassle so I made it default. Along the way, I made other minor changes. 1. Level Select - adjusted alignment and colour 2. Stage Select - enabled by default, changed text, adjusted alignment and colour 3. Ending text - changed text to make it less...
  2. C

Samurai Shodown V Perfect/Final Edition extracted data

Just noticed the name for the file type. What dicks... :lolz:
  3. C

[Pulstar] "Extend" horizontal resolution of gameplay screens

Yes, similarly, the side blacking subroutine here is incomplete, because there was no need to at the juncture. I'll get to it at some point. ;)
  4. C

Yes, KOF 96 is an egregious example of it. As a developer, if you knew the non-safe areas would not be seen, you would not bother so much about them. There were 'sloppy' screen transitions that permitted the rightmost 8-pixels to be displayed. E.g. Art of Fighting stage If you allow the...
  5. C

Sonic Wings/Aero Fighters 2 & 3 full debug/dev menu found

Thanks for the discovery and write-up! Based on what you mentioned, I suspected that the trigger only needed to be done just prior the Attract Mode, which would mean during the eye-catcher. These are my findings: 1. Mode must be Console, not MVS. 2. During the eye-catcher press...
  6. C

Quite a number of Neo Geo games do not display the full horizontal resolution of 320 pixels and have a reduced visible screen width of 304 pixels. On CRTs, the left and right most 8 pixels fall within the overscan region. On modern displays, however, we can see these pixels clearly...
  7. C

Samurai Shodown 2 US manual

As title, anyone has a spare for sale or trade?
  8. C

[SOLD] Metal Slug X AES

I've a Metal Slug X Japanese AES for sale at 3200 USD, or 4200 SGD (less approx. USD100). Paypal gift or +3.9%. Condition is great. Pictures speak for themselves. [Sold USD 2,764]
  9. C

MV-1B Vertical lines graphical glitch

Hi guys, I have an MV-1B that has these vertical graphic glitches: It's pretty much the same as what RyuX experienced: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?275958-Bad-Luck-with-my-MV-1FZ-Mainboards&p=4327633&viewfull=1#post4327633 But the specific resolution was not pinned down by...
  10. C

NeoGeo ROM Preservation Society thread.

ROM BANK 3 passes on: AES JPN AES US
  11. C

Samurai Spirits Zero manual paper quality

Alright, boards are authentic. Thanks for the replies, guys.
  12. C

Samurai Spirits Zero manual paper quality

I recently acquired a Samurai Spirits Zero (not Special) and I notice that the manual is matte paper and not glossy. Is this is case for this game? Everything else appears to be legit and I'll be opening the cart up later to confirm its authenticity.
  13. C

Last Hope Neo Geo AES NG:DEV.TEAM serial #0060 with matching serial Neo Geo CD and poster

As title states, https://www.ebay.com/itm/232694301565
  14. C

WTB: Last Hope Pink Bullets English AES

Looking for Last Hope Pink Bullets English AES, with or without extras. Please PM me with what you have. Thanks!
  15. C

Rotating a DELL monitor stand the right way for Neo XYX tate mode

This post is to address a very specific problem, affecting quite possibly no one. Took a bit to get this baby running in tate(vertical) mode. My Dell monitor stand only rotates clockwise into vertical position, causing the Neo XYX screen to be upside down! There is no option to rotate via...
  16. C

AES not booting up fix

I offered to take a look at a friend's AES that could not boot up. This was a very first revision board that did not have any daughterboards at all! Completely untouched save for the Unibios installation near the top, and which looked to be somewhat botched. I got to removing the...
  17. C

Viewpoint AES JP Neo Geo, I would like to know if it is Genuine

Looks similar. It never drew my attention but you're right about the slight offset of the Neo Geo logo against the background. The sheen that can be seen on the logo is due to a layer of water-based spot varnish.
  18. C

SNK VS CAPCOM technical quality

Pardon me if I mislabel the games, it's from my hazy memory. Last Blade stage intro, 3 planes, 1 using some sprite resizing? Last Blade 1 or 2, Keiichiro Washizuka's stage? Can't recall. This stage had some wavering distortion to simulate heat waves. Absent from this gif. It was amazing...
  19. C

Real Bout Fatal Fury US AES on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232520003432 Real Bout Fatal Fury on eBay. Dropped price to USD500. Buy It Now price set. Auction shortened, ending Oct 16, 09:39am PDT Added more pictures of the manual here on request. I'd rank it a 7 out of 10. The insert is a good 8 or even 9. Cart sticker is about 8.
  20. C

Last Hope NG:DEV.TEAM #0008 with NeoGeoCD 008/500 eBay auction

That's great that you took up moderating this madhouse, Rot/rotphungte. Last month in Singapore, 14th September, this happened, and I thought immediately of you. Good that he's still alive and kicking at least. It's surprisingly refreshing to revisit the Neo Geo scene after all these...