Search results

1. aclbandit

[MYSTERY SOLVED: Universe BIOS Easter Egg!] Windjammers: Secret "ASCII Pong" mode?

[MYSTERY SOLVED: Universe BIOS Easter Egg!] Windjammers: Secret "ASCII Pong" mode? Recently, I bought WindJammers. But a weird thing happened. Plugged it in before cleaning, and the sound was all terrible. Poor choice, but I started wiggling the cartridge while it was on. The game froze, and...
  2. aclbandit

[FOUND] WTB: Twinkle Star Sprites MVS

Looking for an MVS copy of Twinkle Star Sprites. Doesn't matter if it's US or JP, but must be legitimate. Lots of boots of this one running around these days; that's not what I want. I will need pictures of the boards before purchase. The various price guides show this as around $200, but I...
  3. aclbandit

Stuff for sale: Console RPGs, spare collector's edition parts, and bare consoles

Hello, all. The following items are for sale. Got married, and the wife is a collector too -- all of this stuff is extras and doubles. Prices include shipping. If you think a price is unfair, OFFER ME SOMETHING ELSE -- I don't know if you don't tell me. I'll knock off a few dollars if you...
  4. aclbandit

Chassis compatibility with Astro City monitor

I just picked up an Astro City (first candy, so very exciting) locally for a good price. But, the monitor seems to be completely shot. When it was working (briefly) when I went to check out the machine, it only took up about half the screen, and it was centered. The image seemed to be red-only...
  5. aclbandit

QNIC 2500 Monitor in Neo "Big Red" -- no picture

Hello, folks. It's been around a year, but I'm starting work on my machines again. Turned on my Neo after it had been off for several months. Initially, the red was out entirely (just blue and green present). I knew that would be something to fix, so I turned it off and planned to work on it...
  6. aclbandit

Stuff for Sale: Game guides, PS2, NES, XBox, and others

The following stuff is for sale. Send me offers; I would prefer larger sets of items to smaller sets. If you need pictures, just ask. Someone can take the whole lot of it for $185 shipped All games are complete with box/manual and are NOT Greatest/Platinum/etc. Hits unless listed otherwise...
  7. aclbandit

Stuff for Sale: ALL SOLD

I have the following arcade boards for sale. Prices include shipping within the U.S. Photos are links to larger size -- click 'em to see them larger CPS2 A-Board - $25 shipped. SOLD One of the audio sides (can't remember if it's left or right) seems to work sometimes, and not others. If you're...
  8. aclbandit

PC2JAMMA Adapter?

Anyone know anything about one of these? http://www.dirtcheaptrading.com/arcade-parts/electrical-items.html?page=shop.product_details&category_id=8&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=79 I have an old laptop that should run most of the MAME stuff pretty well that has both the printer parallel port...
  9. aclbandit

MVS 4-Slot, a JammaBoards converter, and a bit of WTF

I was having an arcade party with some friends last night, and after playing (successfully) for a while, then swapping out Neo games, the machine got totally wacky. When you press "A" on either player, it adds coins to that player's side. That's strange enough on its own. But, I went into...
  10. aclbandit

RisingStuff.com store shutting down -- a few AES titles for cheap

RisingStuff.com has announced on its news page that they'll stop taking orders after Jan 31, 2011, and all of their items are 50% off. This includes a few cheap AES games. I just have MVS, so I can't do much with them. Enjoy! https://www.risingstuff.com/store/index.php/cPath,19
  11. aclbandit

FS -- lots of stuff: MVS, NES, Genesis, anime DVD, and MORE -- PRICES ADDED

Tired of tripping over stuff I don't need and will never use. PRIORITY MAIL DOMESTIC USPS SHIPPING IS INCLUDED IN THESE PRICES. I use flat-rate boxes because I'm lazy. Discounts WILL be given for multiple item purchases. These are "shipping included," so if I can fit 'em in the same box, you...
  12. aclbandit

MVS art sets: How can you tell if they're bootleg or original?

As the title states, I'm looking for info about telling the difference between SNK original MVS art sets and bootlegs/copies. There's TONS of info about boot vs. real MVS/AES carts, but info on art sets is relatively sparse. For example, move list stickers: are they all "stickers," or were...
  13. aclbandit

My monitor has stopped working; care to help me fix it?

The other night, I switched from my newly-crafted Dreamcast-to-JAMMA box back to a standard CPS2 board in my "Big Blue" cab. When I turned it back on, there was an odd buzzing sound, a popping noise, and then the monitor didn't power on ever again. It does NOT make any noise when powered on, so...
  14. aclbandit

[SOLVED] Ultimarc Dreamcast Adapter's audio is freaking LOUD on my CPS2 cab

I just picked up one of the Ultimarc Dreamcast-to-arcade monitor adapters, and the video (while in need of some adjusting -- perhaps higher gauge wire?) is perfectly acceptable. The audio sounds fine too, except that the folks a few states over can hear it. I need some way of turning it down...
  15. aclbandit

Metal Slug 3 fails CRC check with Unibios 3.0?

Used search but didn't see anything. Just bought a Metal Slug 3, and visually verified it to be legit based on this page: http://mvs-scans.com/index.php/Metal_Slug_3 It's the sorta creepy-looking daughterboard model (set 2). I also bought it from a reputable member (ckchan), so I am totally...
  16. aclbandit

WTB: Vampire Hunter CPS2 B-board

Will be looking to pick one of these up first thing monday -- seems I just missed the one someone else had for grabs. As the title states, looking to buy a CPS-2 B-board of Vampire Hunter / Darkstalker's Revenge. Either blue or green would be required; if it's green, Phoenixed is a...
  17. aclbandit

Power Instinct edge connector: JAMMA? orly?

I just got my Power Instinct board in the mail today (this thing is HUGE, holy crap!), and wanted to play. First thing I noticed: edge connector is labelled "JAMMA." Second thing: there's no key hole on pin 7, so it doesn't seem very "JAMMA" to me. I removed the key from my JAMMA harness and...
  18. aclbandit

Street Fighter: Canon storylines, rehashes, and "better" versions

Trying to sort through the flood of games that is the Street Fighter canon. I think I'd like to (eventually) collect all the arcade boards that make up the Street Fighter "canon". This is, of course, a problem due to all of the "Super", "Turbo", and impact/strike, as well as Alpha/Zero(1/2/3)...
  19. aclbandit

Dell UltraScan CRT monitor and JAMMA: Will it work?

I was walking through the science building at my college today and noticed a big CRT monitor (21", apparently) with a "yard sale" sign taped to it. I wouldn't have thought much of it if I hadn't seen the back: three BNC (I think?) connectors labeled "R," "G," and "B," respectively. Quite...
  20. aclbandit

Buying Capcom CPS2 A-board

Looking to buy a new CPS2 A-board since mine has some sound problems. For the one I'll be buying, it must be either blue (U.S.A.) or green (Japan), both audio jacks must work, as must the B-board connector and JAMMA and kick harness plugs. Basically, I just want a fully-working blue or green...