Search results

1. G

Neo Geo AES video problem

Well don't believe everything a seller says, this experience proves my point. If this asshole had indeed tried the cart he would have saved you all the trouble and heartache, and you wouldn't have bought a megadrive because of it (you should have bought one anyway but for a different reason)...
  2. G

PCM Sound & Stability Fixes Multicarts - 120 in 1, 138 in 1, 161 in 1 and others.

Hi, I am going to order one of these carts from Aliexpress soon. What is the best option to buy at this time? Sound quality and problems free wise. I saw a cart 161 in 1 that it was supposed to have the games in alhabetical order which is nice but I can't find it now. Any help is appreciated...
  3. G

Memory Card Issue

I would fix the original memory card in your place and maybe buy a 3rd party one if I needed the more space. Here's my original memory card after replacing the battery (CR2016) and before closing it up with double sided tape.
  4. G

Oh I see. Well I guess all you can do now is wait for the other game to come. Unless someone else suggests to try something different.
  5. G

What do you mean "The cartridge was used and tested OK"? Did they test it in the shop where you bought the Megadrive and it worked?
  6. G

Model No : 1602-05 10V 1.2A Center negative There are a few different model numbers with the exact same specs. You absolutely need center negative and 10V 1.2A The one in the photo you posted is for the Megadrive 2 and is NOT what you need, it also has the wrong polarity,
  7. G

What Xian Xi is saying might be absolutely true. I'm using a 10V 1.2A PSU and the AES is working perfectly but my PSU is made by SEGA. Whatever you try be VERY careful of the polarity otherwise you'll fry the console. You need center negative.
  8. G

Here is a link with scans of a legit cart of Fatal Fury 2 for you to compare (its easier for you since you have it on hand) http://www.arcade-collector.com/fatal-fury-2-neogeo-28 From what I can see I think that someone has tined the contacts using solder, a soldering iron and solder wick. This...
  9. G

No, the diagnostic cannot detect such things. I dont think the problem is a cracked solder point of the slots, anything is possible but you have to go with the most probable, which in this case is a bad cart. The only way to be certain is to either find another game or another aes console to try.
  10. G

Well i dont see why not. There are videos on youtube on how to open one without causing damage, its pretty easy. Take photo as soon as you open it so you know exactly how to put it back.
  11. G

neogeo aes 3-3 no sound, where to start?

https://console5.com/wiki/Neo_Geo_AES Its accurate
  12. G

The pictures aren't very detailed but I don't see something wrong. Its a good thing you get a blue screen without a cart in my opinion. Did the game come with the console or did you buy it seperately?
  13. G

The easy thing to do now is to clean the 2 slots as I described and see how it goes. Also if you have a 10V Sega Megadrive PSU (center negative) you can also use it.
  14. G

ΟΚ your board is a 9V (10V is also OK). Thank god. The huge coil and the LM2576 (on the small daughterboard) means its a 9V AES, http://www.firebrandx.com/aespsuguide.html
  15. G

His console gives garbage only with a cart inserted. The blue screen is when the system is powered on without any cart plugged in and the diagnostics from the bios are run. Blue screen means all diagnostics passed like in his case. In your case and without the cartridge plugged in, what was the...
  16. G

Are you sure your AES is a 10V needing version? Some of them need 5V. Dont connect it again unless you're sure. You need to open the console up and post a photo right away. Do you have the original PSU? Is it a 10V one? Unfortunately you can't tell from the outside.
  17. G

Was it giving a blue screen?
  18. G

Already answered that in my first post.
  19. G

How can he have fucked up the bios if the self diagnostics which reside in the bios indicate a blue screen which means they are read and run successfully? Also blue screen means the ram is good. I don't believe its that. If a console is OK and a cart is OK then the neo geo logo appears a...
  20. G

neogeo aes 3-3 no sound, where to start?

I would start with replacing all caps on board, specially the ones that are in the sound cirquit which are all in the lower middle part of the board. Capacitors can be bad (or worse shorted) without any external physical indications.