Search results

1. Mattroid

MV-1C housing warping? (difficult to insert/remove carts now)

Not really 'tech' support, I guess, but has anyone ever see an MV-1C housing warp in any way? This one was picked up new from Arcade Shock several years ago but had a JPN BIOS on it. Aside from that, I never had any issues with the board or the housing. In fact, it was damn nice to have a NOS 1...
  2. Mattroid

Magical Drop II Sound Issue

I may have been collecting MVS games for years, but it's only been recently that I've run into carts with issues that aren't simply resolved by cleaning the contacts. That being said, consider me a n00b at MVS repair. I recently picked up a Magical Drop 2 cart. I believe the boards to be legit...
  3. Mattroid

New MVS single and multi-slot CPO reproductions (Screen printed on PETG glass!)

It looks like Quarter Arcade is now selling reproduction single and multi-slot CPOs. From what I can see, these look really damn nice. They are apparently cut a bit thicker than the originals, which should help prevent some of the common buckling that we see on many of the original overlays...
  4. Mattroid

My First 4-Slot!

As long as I've been a member here, and as many great Neo fanatics as I've met over the years, I've never had my own Neo cabinet. Sure, I've collected tons of MVS carts and I've had multiple single slot boards that I've run in an old JAMMA cab, but (as I'm sure you'd all agree) that just doesn't...
  5. Mattroid

Using a GCN Wheel on Wii VC Games?

Hoping someone here may have tried this already...I downloaded Cruis'n USA on the VC recently and was wondering if anyone knew if a gamecube racing wheel like the Logitech Speed Force (or a cheaper alternative) would work with it? I'm not expecting perfection, but it'd be nice if it'd work at...
  6. Mattroid

FS: Metal Slug 2 and Metal Slug X MVS carts

Can't edit the title of my last for sale thread, which states all my carts were sold, so I'm listing these here. Still some minis listed there if anyone is interested. For now, I have one copy of MS2 and one copy of MSX up for sale. These are both from my personal collection. I believe I have...
  7. Mattroid

Sound just stopped?

Are there any common reasons why sound on an MVS cart would just stop? Granted, this one is a bootleg, which I'm sure has more to do with it than anything else, but is there anything I could try in particular to get sound going again? It was working fine up until yesterday. The only thing I...
  8. Mattroid

Sony and TI chips?

Just curious if anyone knows if SONY and or TI chips were ever used in legit SNK carts? I have one that looks damn nice, has mostly legit Sharp and Toshiba chips, but has several smaller TI chips and two standard size Sony chips. I looked through the majority of the pics on all the bootleg...
  9. Mattroid

FS/FT: 3 Game cartridge / CD / DVD storage drawers (with pics)

Not sure if anyone would want these or not, but I figured I'd try here before I send them off to goodwill or something (hate to just toss them). Anyway, these are my old storage units for my old games. They'll little drawer units similar to the old VHS drawer storage units from the 80's...
  10. Mattroid

FS/FT: MVS carts (all sold!), mini marquees (MS,SS,AoF), and a KoF94 art kit

*All carts have been sold at the moment. Thanks!* EDIT: This will be my last edit to this post since the month limit is almost up :p all minis and the art kit are still available. Thanks to those who were interested in the MS mini, but I'd really like to trade it,if possible. Will take the...
  11. Mattroid

Different NG Dedicated Cabs?

I've been wondering this for a while, what different dedicated cabs have there been for specific NG games? I've seen the SS2 one, of course, Irritating Maze, and Neo Print...but were there any others? I've seen so many different conversions for various games with side art and all, but that's...
  12. Mattroid

ArcadeShock Shipping?

Bought something a while back from AS. They sent me some extras right away, which was cool and all...but does anyone know about how long to expect to wait for the actual order to be shipped? If I wasn't aware that they give out extras all the time, I'd be all freaking out thinking that they...
  13. Mattroid

Fake MVS casings

I know there are fake casings out there for MVS carts. Can someone tell me how to identify them? I have one cart that has no label and the case only has one specific difference from all my others: the arrow which is usually painted on (white or black), is part of the mold, not painted. I think I...
  14. Mattroid

SS3 with eproms?

So I just picked up a SS3 from someone recently. Got it in today and everything looks good. The label is original, though yellowed, and there doesn't appear to be any crease in it that would suggest it's been opened at all. however, I can spot at least 3 windowed eproms in there that make me...
  15. Mattroid

Always looking for Mini-Marquees

I saw a few other threads with people looking for mini marquees, but I thought I'd post my own. At the moment, I don't have any more mms to trade, but I'm will to buy. I'm not looking for anything specific at the moment, since I'm simply trying to get as many as possible - yellowed or new. If...
  16. Mattroid

Does anyone else have Bleach DS?

Just noticing everyones' friend codes and no one seems to have Bleach. Does anyone on here have it and want to play online? Looking forward to the next one as well as Jump Ultimate Stars! EVERYONE better get that one for some serious online play!