Search results

1. S

Miss Arcades? Support level1tulsa.com!

Hi, everyone. It's been a while. Good to see many of you again. I'm in need of your help. My friend and I are wanting to bring a one-of-a-kind arcade and anime center to the Tulsa, Oklahoma area, and we're trying to raise money! Please visit http://www.level1tulsa.com and familiarize...
  2. S

Oklahoma! Midwest! Save the arcade! level1tulsa.com!

Hi, everyone. It's been a while. Good to see many of you again. I'm in need of your help. My friend and I are wanting to bring a one-of-a-kind arcade and anime center to the Tulsa area, and we're trying to raise money! Please visit http://www.level1tulsa.com and familiarize yourself with...
  3. S

My New Astro City DOA!!! HELP!!

Man, I'm so bummed. I've been waiting years to get my first candy. I finally get an astro city, and the monitor shows no sign of light, power, or picture. I've seen pictures of it working before the seller sent it to me, but something might have happened during shipping. I plugged a few jamma...
  4. S

Guilty Gear XX# GD-ROM Screen Bounces

When loading up Guilty Gear XX on my GD-ROM, the screen will begin to bounce. It bounces during the Naomi boot up/load screens as well as the actual game. After 15 minutes or so, it stops and works fine. The disc is in perfect condition, but I have no other GD-Roms to test on the unit. Anyone...
  5. S

Galaga Constantly Makes Credit Sound

Recently, my Galaga will make the insert credit sound after the machine has been on for a few minutes. It constantly makes the sound even though the game is functioning properly. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
  6. S

Raiden II Squealing Noise

Recently my Raiden II has been making a squealing sound after it has been on for a while. However, it has happened immediatly upon powering up. No other board in this cabinet causes this sound. It's not a steady squeal or high pitched sound. It sort of...changes dynamically and it is coming from...
  7. S

Please Help Me Troubleshoot My Big Red!

I just got a great deal on a big red, but it some problems. I bought it from a friend who said it worked a few months ago, then he moved it and it hasn't worked since. Here's what happens when I try to power it up: -Credit lights came on the first time for about one second -No coin door bulbs...
  8. S

You Know You're Addicted To the Neo When..

1. Your teacher is talking about JAMA (Journal of the American Medical Association) and you freak out in class because you thought she was talking about JAMMA :annoyed: 2. Your druggie/hipster friends talk about PCP and you misunderstood them for PCB while making a huge ass of yourself...
  9. S

So, What's the Story Behind the Gold Cabs?

What's the story behind the Gold Cabs? Were they the first ones? Limited edition? What? I'd just like to know a bit of history about my cab. Thanks!
  10. S

Horizontal Monitor Size On My Cab...

Is there a way to take town the horizontal size on my monitor if the pot/wheel is missing? I have the 2 verts and horiz position, but the horizontal size wheel is missing. Is there anything I can do? It's just a little too wide and cuts off a bit from player 2. Thanks in advance :) EDIT -...
  11. S

Magical Drop II For Cell Phones!

Wow. I can't believe it, but Magical Drop II is available on cell phones now. :eek: Just so you know I have Sprint and the Sanyo 8100. The game is incredibly fun and addictive. The visuals are suprisingly detailed and the colors are easy to differentiate. It even manages to retain the original...
  12. S

I Just Saw a Neo Geo on Full House!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Don't Judge. :annoyed: Just thought I'd inform you of the sighting. :mr_t: Apparently they were at a Super Bowl party and I saw Big Red in the background while I was flipping. :D
  13. S

The King of Fighters - NeoWave

SNK Playmore officially announced their first arcade title for Sammy's Atomiswave system, it is The King of Fighters NeoWave, a new installment of the King of Fighters series, the game will have 2D graphics, 3 vs 3 team battle system, and a defense system adopted from Garou: Mark of the Wolves...
  14. S

Samurai Shodown and Art of Fighting Anime

Anyone seen these flicks? I've been wanting to pick up SS for a while now, but I just havent gotten around to it. I didn't know about AOF though. Anyone care to post impressions? Thanks!
  15. S

Extremely Cool Neo Geo Music Remixes - Last Blade 2, KoF '98, Magical Drop 3 and More

I thought you guys might be interested in hearing some of these awesome remixes. They're from www.ocremix.org - It's an awesome site if you guys have never been. Here's the Neo Geo-Specific page http://www.ocremix.org/detailsystem.php?sysid=16 Last Blade 2 Remix...
  16. S

Mini MVS Cabs

I'm curious about these. I noticed a couple of you had them in your collections. What can you tell me about them? When and why were they made? How big...er...small are we talkin'? Are they all 2 slots? I ask because I'm looking to take my cab to the dorms with me this fall, but I think the...
  17. S

Games with the best sound?

IYO, what Neo Geo game has the best sound/music? I'm gonna have to nominate Last Blade 2, Slug 3, and Viewpoint for it's music.
  18. S

Degausser Before and After?

Has anyone used a degausser before? How well do they work? I don't suppose you have any before and after shots? I'm wondering because a local arcade has a cab I really want, but it has some pretty bad magnet burn in one corner. Thanks in advance for all your help! :)
  19. S

Screen Position

Does anyone know of a way to change a screens position? Is there something in the test mode I can do to fix this? It seems to cut off the right side of the game a little bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! Edit - forgot to mention this is for a gold cab monitor...if...
  20. S

Anyone use CPSII?

I'm curious. Can someone please give me a basic rundown of how this works? It sounds similar to the Neo Geo. You have a basic "A" board, and then "B" board games? It's still Jamma compatible, right? What about the 2 extra buttons? How does this work? Just spill everything you know! Thanks!:)