Search results

1. [OCEAN]

Good bye VBulletin -> Hello XenForo

Great to see this up and running again!!!
  2. [OCEAN]

Columbus Circle re-releasing Breakers Revenge & Ganryu on AES

Haven't seen this commented here yet, but a few hours ago Japanese company Columbus Circle, which have re-relased a few Super Famicom carts, have announced they'll be releasing Breakers Revenge and Ganryu in March: Here's a link with pictures: https://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/202001240027/ And...
  3. [OCEAN]

Behold the NeoGeo Mini Big...

Well, it seems SNK has definitely gone nuts. Here's their latest product in our beloved NeoGeo Mini line: And the Rakuten link, just in case someone feels the necessity of sleeping over a plush miniature arcade gone big...
  4. [OCEAN]

NeoGeo Land Shop in Akiba

It seems a NeoGeo pop-up shop is opening for a limited time in Akihabra, starting tomorrow, with some new merchandising and using the NeoGeo Land image. Not sure if there's some kind of expo inside, but there's two "seasons" announced: up until January 17th the first one named "graphic art" and...
  5. [OCEAN]

Let’s talk NGPC in 2018!

Love that carrying pouch! Here's a pic of my Jap collection! Beast Busters is actually the US version, since I really wanted to play that one in English. Picked it up from eBay back when I was in university. Most of the rest were bought upon release or in second hand shops in Japan. Wish I...
  6. [OCEAN]

PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

Had some time to try the SDSystem3 today and it's great. The RGB display is gorgeous and it works flawlessly. I particularly dig the menu, it's super fast and user friendly. Hope to test it some more during the weekend, very happy with it! Here are a few pictures:
  7. [OCEAN]

PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

Happy I got this beauty delivered today, that was super fast and greatly packed! Hope to give it some love during the weekend :)
  8. [OCEAN]

"The untold stories behind the games of Fatal Fury" article on PS Blog

This article posted today on the PlayStation blog features a lot of information about the development and release of the Real Bout series, as told by its producer Yasuyuki Oda. Not sure if all of this was already known, but I found it quite an interesting read...
  9. [OCEAN]

NGP/NGPC Sales and Auction Thread.

My browser still displays this two, but only in thumbnail mode. Guess I still have them in cache, there you go:
  10. [OCEAN]

Garou MOTW concept illustrations shared by Yasuyuki Oda

But there is! This one was posted a few days ago by Mr Oda: Rock's Raging Storm concept. Looks much bigger in this design than in the final game! Probably an early concept, since Rock's design has almost no detail (especially in comparison to the previous shared). Kinda reminds me of...
  11. [OCEAN]

So Mr.Oda recently uploaded a couple more of concept drawings, which are pretty interesting. Not from MOTW this time, but Real Bout and KOF 98. This one is Li XiangFei from Real Bout 2 (referred to just as Fei), which he says he drew in his 20's. I really love the detail in this one...
  12. [OCEAN]

Just found this via a Twitter post. It seems SNK producer Yasuyuki Oda has shared a couple of MOTW concept docs on his Facebook. Not much, but pretty cool stuff! Source
  13. [OCEAN]

Just wanted to share this "unique" addition to my NGP collection :D

So last week Mr. Toru Iwatani, the creator of Pacman, came to my city as a speaker in a game development congress. I had the chance to chat a while with him (was taking the pictures for a local journalist during an interview) and asked him to sign my NeoGeo Pocket Pacman. It was a fun moment...
  14. [OCEAN]

King of Dragons - Reviving the CPS1 borad questions

Well, after one more stone in the road, I finally got this thing working properly!!!! Thanks guys for all the help. So here's what I got: ordering he mask roms according to the different B-Board memory map and using the King Of Dragons KD29B PAL didn't work, BUT keeping that order AND using...
  15. [OCEAN]

Well, I finally got some time to try this: removed the CCPRG PAL, switched IOB1 to 12D and used Knights of The Round's BPRG1 in socket 11D. As a result the board is now working but with major graphical errors: controls, sound and gameplay are working fine, but the graphics are all messed up...
  16. [OCEAN]

Thanks for the answers! So I checked the order of the mask roms and program roms and they are consistent with the rest of board pics I've found out there, so that shouldn't be the problem. Now, as Mainman suggested, I checked the pal and, while the KD29B pal is indeed present in socket 1A, I...
  17. [OCEAN]

Thanks for the reply! Looking at the eeprom labels it seems I have an ETC version, since US ones seem to be labeled "KDU", whereas others I've found like mine are labeled "KDE"...too bad there are 2 different ETC sets :/ Romindent looks great for checking, I should ask someone to dump one of...
  18. [OCEAN]

Hi! I recently purchased an "untested" King of Dragons B+C CPS1 board (which, of course, turns on dead ;) ) and, giving it physically looks pretty good and battery reads around 2v, I'm assuming it's dead and needs revival. Now, I've done this before with a Captain Commando board, but when I...
  19. [OCEAN]

CPS1 Captain Commando: Dead? (SOLVED)

I recently bought a (supposedly working) Captain Commando CPS1 B Board, which only shows a black screen when booted. I've tried it with 2 different working A boards (taken from 3 wonders and SF2CE) and the result is always the same. Since these boards have a suicide battery, I would like to...
  20. [OCEAN]

Strange 2 Slot sound problems: broken chip?

Hi, I've got some strange sound problems with a 2 slot board (MV-2F) and I haven't got a clue what may be causing them. The main problem is that it seems there are some sound samples missing in most of the games, like if the music was incomplete (when compared with the same carts played on my...