Search results

1. E

Getting back into collecting.

Yeah TPG is terrible, Turf Masters is reason enough to buy the 161-in-1 cart.
  2. E

I collect and play, nothing wrong with that. I got the Pi mainly to play Capcom CPS2 games, but it does a good job of Neo Geo too.
  3. E

Alternatively, while maybe not popular with some, if you want something close to the real arcade experience but a fraction of the size and cost, here's my Raspberry Pi setup running Retropie which cost: Raspberry Pi 4 2GB - £52 Sega Astro City USB joystick - £120 Lenovo 5:4 monitor - £10 Under...
  4. E

I got my first Neo Geo 5 years ago which was an NGCD, and bought my first AES console last year. You don't need to spend thousands, the console was £350, I then spent £100 having a UniBios fitted, and then I bought an OSSC which was £100 on Amazon (however I would also recommend the Rad2x, which...
  5. E

Neo Geo CD- power adapter?

Which new firmware? Looks like June 2022 0.10 is the latest on furrtek's site
  6. E

RAD2X - No picture with either AES or NGCD

Well this was a pleasant surprise, the AES works on my Amiga monitor with the OSSC in passthrough mode :)
  7. E

Interesting, the NGCD works just fine with the Rad2x on my living room TV (TCL) maybe I just got lucky with that one.
  8. E

My NGCD works on the OSSC with the Panasonic Hack turned on, so maybe that might fix it for other TV brands too?
  9. E

In case anyone else runs into this issue, it turned out to be my TV (Panasonic.) I was getting the same behaviour with an OSSC, however that has a 'Panasonic hack' setting which fixes it. Although I'm not sure why it only affects my Neo Geo consoles (as per the first post, my MD works fine.)
  10. E

NEO TURF MASTERS: Los Turfes Club! Score Thread.

Wow 18 under, impressive! I'd be happy with anything below par
  11. E

I've mostly been playing on my AES the last few months, and now I'm getting a bit better at NTM fancied another go at the Scotland course, so got my NGCD out tonight. I played one round with no saving/cheating, and while +19 doesn't sound like a great score, this is an insanely tough course...
  12. E

Post Your Recent Purchases!

Just picked up Hyper Street Fighter II for the Capcom CPS2 system. Anyone here familiar with these? I opened it up to inspect and can see the battery has been replaced with a socketed holder, is it normal for this game to have hand written stickers on the chips? The label on the case looks...
  13. E

I have been using a RAD2X with my Mega Drive 2 & Mega CD 2for a while, so thought I would pick up the adapter to use it with my Neo Geo consoles too. However the adapter arrived this weekend, and with the AES I get the colour bars, and on the NGCD I get no picture at all, just a black screen. I...
  14. E

Do you all find the mechanics 100% consistent? One thing that seems inconsistent to me is wind effect. For example, I just hit a 220 yard club with 2mph wind towards me, and at 100% power it only went 180 yards. It seems to me that wind is something very hard to accurately judge, sometimes it...
  15. E

Really enjoyed some of the videos in this thread, some crazy low scores! I didn't even know about back or forward spin 🤦‍♂️ that should save me a shot or two in a future round. This is my best so far, playing on a real AES. Par on the first 🙄 but an eagle on 18th 😃
  16. E

AES Controller Button Repair?

Yeah I would rather keep it looking original, although I wouldn't be against upgrading the internals. Considering how popular/expensive the Neo Geo is, I'm surprised nobody has made a drop-in replacement PCB for the buttons?
  17. E

I found this video which suggested trying to drip alcohol into the switches and then working it in by pressing the buttons. I gave it a try and has definitely improved it!
  18. E

My A Button has become quite unresponsive, I have to press it hard for it to register. I opened up the controller, but don't see any obvious way of accessing the button microswitches. I was going to try cleaning with ispopropyl, but there doesn't appear to be easy access to the button mechanism...
  19. E

Biggest Neo Geo related regrets back in the day :(

Obvious one, but not buying Neo Turf Masters AES when it came out. It's my favourite NG game, but I'm never going to pay 15k+ for a copy. Admittedly I didn't even have an AES back then so this is more hindsight than a regret.
  20. E

NeoGeo CD SD Loader

Yeah I love Pick N Mix, was worth upgrading to UniBios 4 for alone!