Search results

1. Almightyburner

The all new 'What's it worth' thread

Needing funds for an unexpected medical issue. I want to give a good price, and be totally fair. I've only collected carts here and there for a few years -- I'm not a seller, so I prefer to sell this as a lot, and I want to make it a screamin' deal, yet I also don't want to give everything away...
  2. Almightyburner

Acquired damaged MVS cart--who can use it?

Hello. I have a light green (?) Metal Slug 3 Japanese-label cart that came to me with a gash in the back, and is somewhat defective. The game plays, but there is no sound, and some of the backgrounds are missing, or appear as blocky pixelated patches. Right after the Neo-Geo splash screen...
  3. Almightyburner

161-in-1 Deleting my saved high scores?

I have an Omega with a VMC. I noticed that my high scores were resetting to the default scores and name entries "occasionally," and it was very confusing. I have just realized that it seems to be whenever I use the multicart. Is this correct? If this is a known issue, I apologize, but I spent...
  4. Almightyburner

A new light gun?

Trackball or GTFO
  5. Almightyburner

Metal Slug: Infinity Idle RPG

Ummm, what's this all about? https://youtu.be/KUXkj5YEEQo Oh no, baby, what is you doin'?
  6. Almightyburner

Is ArcadeWorks known for timely shipping?

I chose to order an Omega from ArcadeWorks. The website listed them "in stock" and shipping in "2-3 days." After about 10 days, AW posted on facebook something about them dealing with problems with another one of their products, BLW, but that the problem had been dealt with. I messaged the...
  7. Almightyburner

Just purchased my first hardware--a CMVS. Now about games...

Ultimately, I will get the NeoSD, but that might be a year from now. In the meantime, considering my most sought-after titles, should I just get a multicart and call it good, or is it possible that I may have a better experience with official MVS carts? I do want to collect my favorites, but...
  8. Almightyburner

Hey, yo. Lurker, just began posting as I consider first NG hardware purchase. Bitch noob ?

Hey guys- So, I have been trying to decide between (japanese) AES, Cd/CDZ, or CMVS. I can't throw thousands at it, at 1 time, so I'm wondering what my best course of action might be The AES is available at a retro shop KINDA near me but I won't be able to afford a NeoSD (for a while). I like...
  9. Almightyburner

Installing a Unibios

I know jack shit about electronics. I have come across a Japanese AES in the wild for the first time ever. I want it. I have seen in some threads a comment about a member getting a unibios installed by another member. Is that necessary? Can I do it? I don't know how to solder and have no idea...
  10. Almightyburner

Do any members play any Neo Geo games online?

I recently configured my NGX controller to use with Last Blade 2 on Steam, and I wondered what other SNK games allow for online multiplayer whether ot be from Steam, GOG or some other portal? Any long-time rivalries here? Also, apologies if this is the wrong place for this thread. New...
  11. Almightyburner

If I buy a Neo Geo CD console, should I absolutely expect to replace the laser?

And, if this is the case, can I still easily and cheaply have this done? (I am not very tech-innards-savvy) I have just read that the CDZ is not as reliable as the NGCD. If I must replace the drive (or find a system which has already had the drive replaced), would the CDZ be deemed "as...