Search results

1. CZroe

May have just killed a Neo AES 3-5. Ideas?

Was trying to diagnose an issue with scaled sprites. Turned out to be a bad cartridge. As part of troubleshooting I had socketed the BIOS for NeoDiagROM/UniBIOS and swapped the original JPN BIOS back into the system. I thought I could safely swap back to UniBIOS without my glasses. I was wrong...
  2. CZroe

Neo Geo AES BitBoxes?

StoneAgeGamer sells the NeoSD AES with a Neo Geo BitBox, but he doesn’t seem to sell them separately. Maybe it has something to do with their recent changes to the website. I’ve attempted to ask Ryan of SAG about them on Twitter and Facebook but I’m not getting an answer. Thought I’d ask here...
  3. CZroe

Flashing garbage screen, corroded traces from Neo-G0/cart slot/68k data bus [FIXED]

Got and repaired another broken 3-6 revision AES earlier this week. Total: $160 shipped! Already have the rest of what I need (controllers, video cables, power, etc). Traces for Neo-G0 D10 and D11 were the culprit (Neo-G0 pins 33/34; CN5 pins 13A/14A). I had continuity to the nearby vias but...
  4. CZroe

3D printing battery lid: Lost your NGP or NGPC coin cell cover / battery door?

Well, I printed extra on my new 3D printer: https://i.imgur.com/aej2rpX.jpg Thanks to whoever uploaded that to Thingiverse! I still haven't decided if I want to keep black or white but since I have two white ones then at least one of those is available. It fits the original NGP as well as the...
  5. CZroe

Not sure what's going on...

I made at least two posts early this morning and they both appear to have disappeared. I still had the tab open so I recovered one of them and I mostly composed the other on my phone so I have an early version of that but I still don't know what happened. Did the forums roll back at some point...
  6. CZroe

Just picked up a "junk" Japanese AES. Power specs? Other questions too...

I'm a tinkerer who generally prefers to buy broken and repair myself rather than pay full price for stuff. I just picked up my first AES from Japan and was about to tear into it when I realized that the original rubber feet had never been touched and the rest looks immaculate. The feet are...
  7. CZroe

Is Console 5 the cheapest source for "deep" DB15 extension cables?

About a year ago I ordered these: https://console5.com/store/neo-geo-aes-atari-5200-pc-controller-joystick-extension-cables-6-1-8m.html I ordered a bunch of other stuff from Console5 and tossed them in without comparison shopping, thinking I'd make some DIY Atari 5200 joysticks or use them as...
  8. CZroe

Which of these platforms would you use for your DIY Supergun?

I'm just getting started on my DIY Supergun and while I wait for parts I thought I'd ask for some input/ideas. I want something that's kinda "middle of the road" between the platform on a giant enclosure type builds and free-form with cables and harnesses type builds. It would be open for easy...
  9. CZroe

Potentially another "why is this n00b even asking?" legitimacy check. Learning the ropes.

Potentially another "why is this n00b even asking?" legitimacy check. Learning the ropes. Hi, guys. I just bought my first MVS (actually, two) and the lot included a suspect copy of Samurai Shodown. I'm usually pretty good at detecting counterfeits and bootlegs in the rest of my collecting...